Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Hub/bearing assembly front 07 xlt

It could be my driving habits. I got over 50,000 miles on each of the first two sets, original and 1st replacement both were Motorcraft. Unfortunately the third set was not Motorcraft and failed after the one year warranty. Motorcraft changed their warranty in 2013. It now reads: New Service...
  2. J

Hub/bearing assembly front 07 xlt

About to install the 4th set of front hubs on my 07 XLT. Original plus 3. 126,000 miles
  3. J

HOW TO: 2006 Explorer V8 4WD Rear Strut Change

2007 Explorer XLT Rear Strut/Shock info For complete details on how to change the rear Strut or the shock only, do an internet search using the following phrase (I have a 2007 ford explorer xlt 4wd I am replacing the left rear shock). I didn't post the procedure as it may be copyright...
  4. J

Fuel filter change

Previously i posted a comment about about how i solved a misfire on cylinder 6 by having my fuel filter changed on my 2007 XLT 4.0 engine. It happened again, now i have multiple codes indicating random misfire cylinders 4,5,6. My health has improved so I'm back to do doing my own work. I will...
  5. J

Solved Misfire '07 4.0 XLT

Fuel filter change Previously i posted a comment about about how i solved a misfire on cylinder 6 by having my fuel filter changed on my 2007 XLT 4.0 engine. It happened again, now i have multiple codes indicating random misfire cylinders 4,5,6. My health has improved so I'm back to do doing my...
  6. J

Tire Sensor Fault Question

Tire pressure sensor fault Actually it will cost $75.00 for the sensor, $35.00 for the strap and bracket, plus labor. Removing it will not clear the message. The message is generated when the sensor fails, breaks, or is missing.The biggest problem is since they became mandatory people depend on...
  7. J

Coolant Leak - puddled on top of engine

Thermostat housing replacement info As mentioned do not over-tighten the bolts. The water outlet bolts torque is 10Nm (89 inch pounds. The lower housing bolts (longer bolts) torque is 11Nm (97 inch pounds). There are 12 inch lbs in a foot lb, so be careful that's only 7.416 foot lbs and 8.08...
  8. J

Mystery Coolant Leak

Coolant leak I agree. Lower intake gasket most likely. Read my post titled "Hard to trace coolant leak".
  9. J

Solved Misfire '07 4.0 XLT

Car was running rough after short warm up, scan indicated misfire cylinder 6. Changed wires and plugs, car ran great. Two months later same problem,same cylinder. Changed cylinder 6 plug again, car ran great again. A few weeks later started running rough again. Scan indicated misfire cylinder 6...
  10. J

Wheel bearing/hub assembly front '07 xlt

Front wheel bearing noise is common problem, particularly because they are a sealed unit inside the hub, and they cannot be serviced. The hub assembly must be replaced. Unfortunately replacements often fail prematurely because the half shaft (axle) nut isn't replaced and tightened to the correct...
  11. J

PLEASE LOOK AT ME Installed new plug wire wrong now i have bad MPG's

REVERSING THE 5 AND 6 WIRE IS A COMMON MISTAKE AND SELDOM CAUSES A PROBLEM. YOU DIDN'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE MIL COMING ON, SO I GUESS IT DIDN'T. TRY SCANNING IT WITH A SCANNER THAT REPORTS PENDING CODES. When you view codes, the Tool displays both Diagnostic Trouble codes and Pending...
  12. J

misfire?

Fuel injectors When I did the lower intake gasket on my older explorer (1995), I replaced a bunch of stuff while I had it disassembled, I didn't replace the injectors, instead I sent them out and had them tested, cleaned, and calibrated. Only one of the six need replacement and the other ones...
  13. J

07 XLT auto 4 wheel drive problem?

4X4 Auto The 4X4 auto feature on the Control Trac 4wd system is a great feature, the problem is you cant turn it off and it seems like its always engaged. I took my 07 to the dealer and he claimed it was hanging up and he would replace the transfer case, however when i picked the car 3 days...
  14. J

HELP 06 XLT will not fill up with gas.

Fuel fill problem TSB 07-25-3 12/24/07 FUEL FILL - SLOW OR EARLY SHUT OFF - BUILT BEFORE 11/28/2007 FORD: 2006-2008 Explorer MERCURY: 2006-2008 Mountaineer ISSUE Some 2006-2008 Explorer and Mountaineer vehicles built before 11/28/2007 may exhibit a slow or difficult fuel fill...
  15. J

Passcode Location

The passcode for my 2007 keypad is securely fastened to the inside of my owners manual package
  16. J

2007 4WD Front Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearings 2007 Explorer I had my front hub/wheel bearings replaced at 52,000 on my 07 XLT. The noise actually started well before that, but got louder over time. The noise was constant regardless of road surface. After replacing the noise was gone and when driving from concrete road to...
  17. J

4x4 hub noise.

Hub wheel bearing noise/vibration Wheel bearing noise can be difficult to confirm.I had no play, the noise was constant and only got louder over time. First noticed noise at about 45,000 miles, sounded like a tire noise.I finally had bearings replaced at 52,000. Quiet now. I noticed immediately...
  18. J

Need help! Explorer at dealership.... Radiator, Wheel hub, etc...

I have good news for you, the wheel bearings are covered under your warranty.2007 models have a 5year 60,000 mile powertrain extended warranty.They are automatically fully transferable, wheel bearings are included. Make sure your coolant leak is located, don't assume the radiator is bad.The...
  19. J

Catalytic Converter for '07 LTD 4.6

Do a search for Ford parts online. I just saw a dealer in Texas that sells the 1500.00 version for 1100.00 and change.
  20. J

If you can get the aftermarket part, and midas says it will fit, go for it. Make sure you can return it if the guy from midas decides later that it wont work. I don't know where the o2 sensors are on the v8. The last thing you want to do is buy both, one for the car and one to hang over your mantel
  21. J

http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx This site allows you to search for ford parts by vin there are several catalytic converters listed for 2007 4.6 v8, depends on build date
  22. J

Vibration in gas pedal and steering wheel

The following link is good reading concerning noise and vibration issues. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=18
  23. J

What?!! Just bought '07 Ex w/21k -Undercarriage Severly Rusted??

FYI MN state law requires a 2 month or 2500 mile warranty which ever comes first on used cars w/ less than 36,000 miles sold by dealers. Your car also has a 5 year 60,000 drive train warranty and a separate emissions and rust thru warranty. Good luck
  24. J

What?!! Just bought '07 Ex w/21k -Undercarriage Severly Rusted??

Rusty '07 I bought an '07 XLT this past june and about a week ago I noticed it was suddenly bouncing around while driving. I found a leaking rear shock. I also noticed a lot of rust under the rear of the car. I figured ford is still making them the same way as they always have. I have a '95 as...
  25. J

Intake manifold gasket

The one piece is the only way to go. My 1995 4.0 had 8 bolts attaching the the lower intake manifold. Most manuals indicate a combination of bolts and studs with nuts. The studs are in the engine block and are used to align the gasket and the manifold. I made studs from threaded stock with the...
Back