Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

spewing coolant below thermostat

RED, thanks for this. I will keep your e-mail thread info and will surely use your better method when I have to go back in and replace the sensors. I was to cheap to buy new ones way back when I did it, hense, the cobbling up using the old ones. But, when they fail, and it is probably only a...
  2. J

Gosh Red I am sorry it has not worked for you. I remember when I put the High tack gasket stuff on and all around the sensors and pushed them into place the sensors were gooped up pretty good as the compound stuff oosed out around the sensors when I put them in place. I quite frankly am...
  3. J

Coolant leak

Yep Red, I thought about getting new sensors that might have a newer/larger rubber seal thinking they would fit more snug, but due to the fact that my old ones fit snug in the old T-housing and not the new T-housing I decided not to get new sensors. Go figure. So I did not want to expense new...
  4. J

Coolant leak

Yes Red, It was the Plastic thermostat housing (the plastic portion of the thermostat that sits below the actual thermostat) that had started leaking at the little rubber O-ring. What happened on the first time I took it off to replace the O-ring is I broke off one or more of the little plastic...
  5. J

The Picture looks similar to mine, but not the exact same. The sensors you show look the same as mine. The just press in and are held with a little retaining clip only. When I put in the new lower housing unit the senors I put in were not as tight a fit as the old unit and I reordered another...
  6. J

Leaking Thermostat housing. Ford made a bad design with the thermostat housing and how it connects to the top of the motor. Using a small O ring and then bolting the plastic housing to the top of the motor is goofy. IT leaks. I am in the process of fabricating a thick hard rubber gasket for...
  7. J

Coolant leak

I have a 2001 Ranger 4.0 SOHC V6 Engine and there is a coolant leak on the top of the motor somewhere. I took out the plastic housing for the termostate and cleaned it and put some gasket goop on it before I put it back, but that does not appear to be where the leak was/is coming from. It is...
  8. J

New member Hello

Hi. I am a new member and have a 2001 ford Ranger with a SOHC 4.0 6 cyl motor. will look for the right forum to post a question about a coolant leak on the top of the motor somewhere... John in Pacheco, CA
Back