Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Frt. Shock Replacement - 02 Explorer

I could use sime help with this one. I am in the process of replacing the Frt. Shocks on my 02 Explorer. I have rtemoved the Shock/Strut Assy., removed the Coil from the Old assy, compressed the coil to reinstall on new Shock/Strut. This is where I am stuck, I am unable to figure out how to...
  2. R

ABS Light is on

Well, it looks like the issue was with the new replacement Hub. I bought another new one and installed it and the Light is now off. I guess the first new one was faulty. Thanks for all of you input.
  3. R

ABS Light is on

Had the Code checked and it has to do with the very Hub that I replaced. The Code claims that my Sensor is not functioning properly. The Mechanic claims that he has heard that when you replace one Hub that for some reason the Sensor malfunctions because it is reading at a different rate than the...
  4. R

ABS Light is on

Is it possible that the timing was that exact that when I changed the Front Hub Assembly a Fault showed up from a different Sensor. I will look into having the Code checked.
  5. R

In the market for a 2002 Explorer - need advice

I have an 02 Eddie Bauer with 114K and have replaced the Tranny and Transfer Case. I have also replaced Front and Rear Hubs on the Passenger side. Have had no electrical problems to speak of. I also have not had the Broken Coil problem that I have heard about. Tranny and Transfer Case were...
  6. R

ABS Light is on

I switched out the Harness (ABS Sensor) with the Old one and it made no difference. Light came back on and is staying on. Can not figure out what changing the Hub would have to do with causing the ABS Light to come on.
  7. R

ABS Light is on

I have attempted to attach a photo of a similar hub assembly, not sure how well this will work out, if it works out.
  8. R

ABS Light is on

Yes, I still have the old sensor/hub. I had attempted to remove the Old Sensor and was unsure on how to dislodge it from the Hub, after I removed the screw.
  9. R

ABS Light is on

I am pretty sure that the Harness is hooked in properly. Now, I know that in the Manuals they always suggest to yuo to disconnect the Battery, I neglected to do this before the changeover. Would this have anything to do with it.
  10. R

ABS Light is on

Can anyone tell me why my ABS Light has come on after changing a Front Wheel Hub Assy. The Light was not on before the changeover. The replacement Hub Assy. is a new replacement.
  11. R

02 Front Diff. Fluid

I changed the Front Diff. fluid on my 02 and only realised, after the fact, that I had used (80w90) Limited Slip (small print on Bottle). Would this be a problem?
  12. R

I've got 2 Questions

I should maybe mention, the reason I am considering replacing the Trans. Cooler is because I have a newly rebuilt Transmission, a few months ago, I was pulling a larger Tent Trailer and managed to over heat the Trans., or so it seems. I looked out my side mirror and noticed smoke coming from...
  13. R

I've got 2 Questions

Thanx. for the reply Explorer04, due to the complexity of the Transmission and the filling of the Fluid, should I be concerned about the amount of Fluid that is lossed, should I attempt to plug the lines or even attempt to refill the replacement Cooler.
  14. R

I've got 2 Questions

1. How do you remove the Radio from the 02 Explorer, 6 CD Changer Style? 2. Has anyone changed their Trans. Cooler to an aftermarket larger Cooler, on a 02 Explorer?
  15. R

4x4 does not work

Sometimes it helps to know someone Hi A1C, I was told that the Tansmission would run me around $4K, I paid $2K, knew the Tranny shop. The same guys did my TC and charged me $1400. Good Luck.
  16. R

Great Deal on Some tow hooks

Thanx. Black92LX, I will be on the look out for an F150 in that year range.
  17. R

Great Deal on Some tow hooks

How old of an F150 would give you Tow Hooks that could be used??
  18. R

Low growling noise coming from rear

Growling?? Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. The 02's are becoming well known for their wheel bearing issues.
  19. R

4x4 does not work

Popping & Skipping?? Hi A1C, The symptoms you are describing do not sound like the 4X4 CM, I just recently had the Transfer Case Rebuilt. The following are the symptoms mine had: 1. binding when turning, 1/2 to full turn, left or right. 2. Skipping off a dead stop, if pavement was wet...
  20. R

Getting ready to pick up a 2002 XLS, have a few questions

Owner of a 02 Eddie Bauer The 02's, like any vehicle, have there potential issues. To some it may seem as luck of the draw. My 02 has about the same mileage and I have just recently replaced the Transmission & Transfer Case. I know of a couple of other 02 owners that are around the 100,000 mile...
  21. R

Replace Rear Shocks on 02 Explorer??

Has anyone replaced the rear shocks on a 2002 Explorer, 4x4.
  22. R

Front End Noise, 2002 Explorer

Transfer Case?? Hi DavidS, I have the truck in the repair shop, we have, hopefully, narrowed it down to the Transfer Case. Found that the Clutch Pack was burn't, the Pump was plugged, just to mention a few. Have not heard the final tally yet. I have not been impressed with this 02.
  23. R

2002 Explorer Diff. problem

How difficult is it to replace the Clutch Pack in the Rear Diff. I am suspecting that mine is going or is gone. When Turning vehicle Left or Right, Truck seems like it is Binding, checked the Rear Diff. oil and it was pretty dark, also shows signs of metal flaking in the oil. Does anyone have a...
  24. R

4x4 does not work

4x4 CM Location Hi A1C, the CM is located in behind the Glove Box, it is a black Electronic boxy looking thing that measures about 4" x 5 1/4", it might even say 4X4CM on it. Should only have two Fasteners holding it in place with two Elecronic Plugs, plugged into it. Hope this helps.
  25. R

Front End Noise, 2002 Explorer

Looks like a Front End Noise epidemic, my problem does not sound quite like the others. I have a binding sound when I turn Left or Right, depending on the mood of the Truck, it could also sound like a Clunk. Bearings seem fine , all the Boots look like new, Front End seems solid. All U-Joints...
Back