Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Headlight First Attempt

Bought some cheap aftermarket blacked out headlights Bought some 3" bi-xenon D1S based projectors put it all together...not a bad result. made an assumption that there was enough up/down adjustment in the factory adjustment screw - no!!! (I'm down about 2" on one side and maybe 4" on the other...
  2. B

Rear Wheel Bearings anyone?

Well a few months ago I had the pleasure of trying to change the rear wheel bearings :) I did know that one of the bearings were gone, but guessed the wrong one :( taking out the bearing was not so simple at first - was prepared for that, from watching a bunch of videos on youtube. After some...
  3. B

saw some wheel talk ...

I don't like the wheels tucked in, so when I picked up this truck I put on some wheel spacers on the rear rims Then I started to look at other cheap options... X5 rims with some adapter (running 265mm wide instead of the stock 215mm) then I got another set for winter and bought some ford...
  4. B

Right Hand Drive Explorers?

I was searching to see if Ford made RHD explorers... there are some flavors. my limited searching hasn't netted a definite answer. Why do I ask? side mirrors!, I want a convex drivers side mirror (heated) for my ST. (did it for my VW, since they are available from Europe) If anyone knows...
  5. B

stalling? on hard/aggressive right turns (4.6l)

I'm not sure if it is stalling or binding in the drivetrain but when I take a super aggressive right turn (high speed, probably large steering angle) the motor chokes out as if it ran into a brick wall. Left turns - never noticed symptom (maybe left turns are usually wider). anyone else...
  6. B

Sloppy Shifter Fix (link)

My shifter on the steering column has become sloppy lately, sloppy enough that it didn't fully engage into park, and the truck would roll. I was going to do linkage adjustments, possibly buy a new shifter cable, but decided to do a search. there is a thread I found that explains how to fix...
  7. B

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all, best wishes Big thank you to all the good tech posts from everyone especially Steve (ncranchero) < very dedicated, the knowledgable and always helpful posts keeps me coming back, I know at some point they will help me out. p.s. Thanks Steve for the parts hookup...
  8. B

Another LED dome light thread

I read this thread a while back: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251448 and finally found some LED modules that seemed ok - not cheap though like in the thread above. Probably around $10usd/pc in hand on e-bay. I liked these since the control circuitry is onboard, no...
  9. B

april fools?

so is the joke to take "s p o r t" and make it splat, and also "f o r d" and make it ferd? and make "a p r i l" january??? - funny to see the post title change
  10. B

hard start after sitting > 0.5 hrs to 4 hrs, good start after 8-10hours = fixed!!

So last (01/29/2008) month I bought a 2001 sport trac. the main problems were the door latch - didn't notice when I bought except the exterior handle was loose fixed that cheaply - see thread : http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207373 so the next problem was: when I...
  11. B

door latch problem solved - temporarily maybe??

So I've been reading about the door latch issue a bit now. my drivers side door fails to unlock with the RKE (remote keyless entry). The key itself has problems unlocking (like there's something jamming in there). I had observed at one point, that pressing the door handle while unlocking...
  12. B

4.0l hard start, after sitting for a while

The truck seems to be having problems starting after sitting for a while. Starts well first time in the day, then depending on how long it has sat after first start of the day, there are issues. I found this: ************************** Make: FORD Model: EXPLORER SPORT TRAC Year...
  13. B

Noob, just wanted to get rid of that message ....

hey, hopefully will pickup a used '01 ST on 01/28.... thought I'd check out this site, looks good, lots of info bdmaash
Back