Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Newbie Audio Installation Questions - 95 EX Sport

yeah i would just run ity by its self forcing it in places that already have iteams there can cause feed back but id go with the first avail option !!
  2. M

Mass Air Sensor?

you have a link to how to do that im a mobile electronics tech haha not a wrencher unless forced an i actually just finishd changing the maf sensor it was bad but no it start a lot better but idles horrible it jumps down to 500 rpm an then bogs back up to 1200 rpm an flux constantly between an...
  3. M

Sony CDX-GT710 Opinions and some questions...

an thats what makes it youre sound system cause what works the best for you is what makes it best i just know that u can tune what ever friggn freq u want to individual speaker as well there are man awesome little tweaks there head unit offer but then again im with you if i was having major...
  4. M

umm well i dunno i was assuming this was a excelon product as well the only way. haha an i mean hands down lookk at the specs theres a reason sony an others can be found at a local walmart .kenwood my friends will never be a walmart special. not tryn to heat any one up by bashing there product...
  5. M

Mass Air Sensor?

i ran seafoam thru it an i havent really done anything to the vacum xcept spray choke cleaner around to see if i could get a better egine idle but nuthing an i checkd major gaskets couldnt find anything. an its quite a few around 150k
  6. M

Vizualogic Headrest wiring

the school i went too always taught us acessory goto the radio , 12volt ignition wire , ground chasis ground an then the brake wire you have 2 options you can either hit ure brake up or ground it out to a seperate ground of its own
  7. M

so ah how the heck did we get on the i have kenwood an want sony an jvc thats a serious downgrade !!!!
  8. M

02 XLS Rear Speaker problem

word up .... :Dsimplest way to see if youre fantastic ford has a factory amp is not to search aimlessly for cables to to simply pull the head unit out an lookat the ford facory wires if you have a solid blue wire thats youre amp lead wire an if ya got power antena make sure theres a solid blue...
  9. M

Wiring diagram for my audio system

pretty much you should have 2 harness's goin into youre amp one is the input all youre wires from the head unit an vechile and then a output harness wires basicly connecting the speakers to the amp take that unplug it an test the resistance one the output conectors on the amp if all is good amp...
  10. M

Amp gain Question

it doesnt matter how much power you hook up to a driver (subwoofer) its distortion that destroys the driver (in theroy) so id go for it just listen closly when tuning it not to over do it Good Luck!!! :exp: :thumbsup:
  11. M

hooking up sub woofers

pheripheral is an solid company to go with there part of aam of america an they have made stinger since day 1 an who cant trust stinger ???
  12. M

No Start Issue - Tested A LOT

word up .... hAve almost the same problem ive tested the resistance on the idle air, coil pack , wires an then were prettysure we have a bad MAF cause the voltage between connector B an D is only .82 an mitchell1 aays its supose to be .95-1.93 but we un plugged ti an notice an improvment in the...
  13. M

subs under back seat

you for sure need to make sure the air space of the enclosure meets the minumal required of the driver (sub) pioneer premier makes a line of subs called flatline there made to go under truck seats require i belive .5 cubic feet versus the standard driver requries 1.25 an if the air space of the...
  14. M

Mass Air Sensor?

just got the vechile have a reciept for new pump an filter from a local shop an have good fuel pressure as well checkd plugs, wires the resistance on the coil pack is good, the idile air valve resistance is good an i use unleaded 87
  15. M

Mass Air Sensor?

haha wow so the quality of air is worse is ks than brooklyn?
  16. M

Mass Air Sensor?

i have a 95 xlt it stutters bad when startd it throws a check engine light but no codes. we used a snap on scanner it keeps saying waitn for codes as the engine is chocking, we testd the resistance on the idle air control valve it was fine we noticed if you start it an unplug the mass air flow...
  17. M

98-01 MACH 6 disk...Head Unit Help

hey to trouble shoot id simply pull the factory head unit most likly if was swapped you should have no sound because the harness should match but simply pull youre head unit out call the dealership an ask an if they need to see take it to them but if it hasnt work man it gunna be time to chase wires
  18. M

Installing a DVD system

sorry i was thinking of the brake out put on alarms for you u want it to either be neutral or hot when disengauged an ground engauged
  19. M

audio system problem!!!

ppi haha solid brand faded to the unground spl crews
  20. M

Car Audio, Security & Multimedia

thats a awesome question it shouldnt be 2 bad never heard it done but theres always a first for fabrication thats what makes it art but ya just need to make sure evrything is compatible ive never done it but i shot an email to the installers i wor with ill post new info for ya when i recieve it
  21. M

Installing a DVD system

Constant 12V+ Light Green Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black Ground Black Illumination Light Blue/Red Dimmer n/a Amplifier Remote Blue Antenna Right Front Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green Left Front (-) Light Blue/White Right Front (+) Dark...
  22. M

i apologize i over lookd the power lead you wanna run it through the firewall the way you speak of is A NO NO haha dont do it pull youre carpet back an look for a sertaed circle that can be punchd out if ya dont see one look under the hood for a little place to drill a hole then you need to get...
  23. M

well first off you should goto www.mecp.com order the basic installer study guide study test knowlege is power you will be amazed how much itl teach you second you want a chasis ground for your amp as in pull some carpet up find a non paintd area sometimes you need to remove the paint keep it...
  24. M

98-01 MACH 6 disk...Head Unit Help

are you talkin factory amp an factory sub ?
  25. M

audio system problem!!!

one hundro percnt with the peeps factory amp stampd all over it. its actually an often prob w/ explorers 91-99
Back