Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How realiable are V8 explorers?

Buy it!!! Or I will lol
  2. A

I also like the versatility of the 302. Having an option put headers with real gains, mustang throttle body, maybe a dual exhaust and dare I say supercharger lol. Not to mention running larger tires is much easier with the power and not having to regear( if you're going to 36 or larger ) the v8...
  3. A

This thread is exactly what I was looking for. For the last year or so I've been without an Ex and lately I've been missing it more than ever. When I started browsing to see how much a used 2nd gen was going for I noticed a fair amount of the 302's for sale. Thats when I decided I want my next...
  4. A

I'm back....kind of

I most definitely will!!! I'd really like to have the 302 in 4x4 though they are hard to come by.
  5. A

I'm back....kind of

Lol my apologies, I'm using my phone right now and it was acting up on me.
  6. A

I'm back....kind of

Hey guys! Its been a while but I'm going to be in the market for a 2nd gen ex. I've been without an ex for over a year now and I'm missing it more than ever!!! Did some searching online last night to see what a good used 2nd gen will cost and I was surprised at how inexpensive they are going...
  7. A

Need Help identifying part

To post pictures you should get a free account at photobucket.com Once you have the pics uploaded to the site you need to get the "IMG code" and paste it in your post.
  8. A

what parts will interchange for me?

None of those. maybe the cluster but I am not sure. The Explorer is a little wider than the Ranger to you won't be able to use the bumper or grill.
  9. A

finally...i've done it

I removed mine a year ago. The ex looks a little more aggressive IMHO though I can't say that I had any trouble removing them...or any part on my ex for that matter. BUT I do live in southern California so rust is almost never an issue.
  10. A

got an idea

I don't think you can swap the parts. The 2001 Sport is a different body style than the 2000 4dr models.
  11. A

how high?

Once you get the torsions back to (or close) original height, the highest you can safely go without damaging your cv shafts is 2 inches. There are a few good threads on how to properly do a TT.
  12. A

how high?

4wd or 2wd?
  13. A

Camping near Castaic Lake, Ca ???

So for our annual camping trip we're leaning towards the Castaic Lake area. I looked up some information on their web site and I honestly don't want to pay $20/day for camping as we will be there for 4 days. I'd like to be very close to water (short walking distance as I have trouble walking on...
  14. A

locked out

Very cool! haha I wish I had a wedge at my disposal or I wouldn't have had the window out for a couple weeks before I was able to put it back. Good job!
  15. A

locked out

Ah, I didn't suggest to wedge the door because we were unsuccessful. Then again all we had were a couple of screwdrivers so I really had no choice. The window popped out without any problems and I was able to get it back in.
  16. A

locked out

He only has one key and it's in the ignition...hence he's "locked out"
  17. A

locked out

Oh and just a heads up. We did end up putting a couple tiny dents in the metal frame around the outside of that window seal. Not really a big deal, it all adds character right?
  18. A

locked out

This actually happened to me a couple of months ago and my explorer was running! I was able to recruit the help of a city worker that was on break sitting in his car at the gas station I was at. He had a couple of flat head (standard) screw drivers and we popped out the small window on the...
  19. A

Torsion bar question.

This is assuming you have a 4wd or AWD explorer. If you only have 2WD then the sky is the limit..well as far as your butt can handle the awful ride after about 3 inches.
  20. A

bigger tyres

31x10.50x15
  21. A

New Explorer owner, inherited from a fam member.

IF you find inaccuracy with odometer and speedometer I'd say go to a ford dealer and have them reprogram the computer for the size tires you are running.
  22. A

02 x sport pedal response

Throttle cable could be stretched. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242299&highlight=throttle+cable+mod Hope this helps. Also clean your throttle body, mass airflow sensor and idle air control valve.
  23. A

has anyone every just taken the muffler off a 4.0 SOHC?

I don't think you'll pass a smog check with the cats removed.
  24. A

lift info...

You can run stock length shocks but I would say replace all of your shocks. You can DIY if you have tool know-how. There is a sticky on how to replace shocks
Back