Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Trick Flow upper intake plenum - 4.6L

I have the trick flow upper intake plenum installed on my 02 4.6L and saw a NEGATIVE MPG response. The way it was explained to me, it adds more air yes which cause the PCM to throw more gas. Mine is custom ported and polished to match a modded mustang TB. There is pictures on the forum here...
  2. S

Noticable noise in front end at high speed

Ok Explorer gurus....I need a diagnosis! All of a sudden I have a loud humming noise in my front end at 55mph....after that it goes away till I hit about 67mph where it gets louder, then at 75 or so its gone. I feel it in the floor board under my feet. The best discription would be the...
  3. S

Catback exhaust recomendation - Towing

Magnaflow catback for sure!!!! :thumbsup:
  4. S

Trick Flow 51800021 Intake Upper Plenum install

I did this modification on my 2002 explorer a couple years back....I bought a custom ported and polished plenum from a mustang guy along with a match ported TB. Hers some pics installed
  5. S

For all us 4.6 2V'ers out there

If I remember I'll take a picture of mine......I have been running a custom ported and polished trick flow upper plenum matched ported with my stock TB. I had a mustang TB on, but went back to the modded stock one.. HP increase is noticeable, but so was the MPG loss.
  6. S

Lowered w/ stock wheels

Here's a pic of my truck from this afternoon......friday afternoon road grime and all. I lowered it with GF springs, and KYB struts. The tires are 255/70/16 which with the springs "should" make it sit about 2" lower than stock. . I'm about to buy four new 255/65/16 which will drop it...
  7. S

Lowered w/ stock wheels

I'll take a few pics this weekend after I wash her up......Works been a nightmare this week. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. S

Lowered w/ stock wheels

I'll try and get you a pic.......if I forget, email me. My truck is a 2002 XLT and a I dropped it with GF springs and put a set of KYB's on all four. My stock rims are the 16 inch and I have 255/70/16 tires. Truck looks nice
  9. S

MAC TB and C&L Plenum added!

I got a set up just like that but with a custom ported and polished Trick Flow plenum.... Made it sound good didn't it? Mine sounded different when i punched it. I also threw in a custom ported and polished TB. By the way, have you noticed a drop in MPG? After installing mine I noticed a...
  10. S

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Anybody know why Mood doesn't offer a complete replacement arm? I'd prefer to replace the whole thing if I'm doing it, and nobody seems to have the complete control arms except the stealership. I'm down in miami
  11. S

02 ford explorer V8 aftermarket exhaust

I have the full SS magnaflow system installed on my 02 and I love it. Sounds freekin awesome, and i get lots of compliments. Not too loud, not raspy, and definately not annoying. Just a low deep growl that means business. I picked it up off a member on here for $325 shipped. Came with a...
  12. S

Any such thing as a chip for 3rd gens?

I got my truck tuned from James, and actually have two tunes.....a 89 torque and a 93 performance. I did notice a little difference with each tune, for instance the 89 has a lot of low end power and is what I use for driving around town. The 93 has the power band up high, but I don't like the...
  13. S

Upper control arms 2002 XLT

Rhino, thanks man!!!!!!! I did a search and didn't come across this write up for some ereason. I came across the other one for the older model, but not mine. After seeing the how to, I'll be pulling mine apart in the next week or two for sure. Stealership qouted $810+ tax, but thanks to...
  14. S

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Man.........I owe you a beer or two lol. Stealership qouted me $810 yesterday for this same job, and told me that the entire control arm needed to be replaced, as you CAN'T just replace the ball joint. Now for $90 and a few hours labor I'll be back in business. Why isn't this a...
  15. S

Upper control arms 2002 XLT

Took my truck to the dealer yesterday to have the "door ajar" issue resolved. Unfortunately, I didn't search on here first and see how easy it was to replace, or the quick wd-40 band aid........ But the dealer told me that my front upper ball joints are shot, and that they recommend swaping out...
  16. S

wazzzzz up meng?? I'm in miami too. I'm driving a 02 explorer 4.6L V8, lowered with ground force...

wazzzzz up meng?? I'm in miami too. I'm driving a 02 explorer 4.6L V8, lowered with ground force springs and KYB's, billet upper and lower grill, K&N intake, trick flow upper plenum, ported and polished mustang throttle body, custom tune from henson performance, and magnaflow SS catback exhaust...
  17. S

sct tuner...

I have a SCT Xcal 3 tuner that I might be willing to sell. I have it tuned for my 02 4.6L, but thinking about going back to stock. If anyone is interested, email me
  18. S

performance struts

What model Rancho? I contacted Rancho direct and was told that they do not sell a strut for a lowered application on the 3rd gen explorer...
  19. S

New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc...

Did you lower this truck with just the springs, or did you upgrade the struts as well? Love the stance, looking to do the same as we speak. How does it ride if you don't mind me asking?
  20. S

New Pictures: Debadged, Clear Corners, Removed Pinstriping, Lowered Licence Plate

did you lower this truck with just the springs, or did you upgrade the struts? I have the exact same color XLT that I'm planning on lowering right now.
  21. S

performance struts

Thanks Donner, guess I'll have to do that as you can see from all the views and no replies......Amazing how this forum is suppose to link up explorer owners, yet when it comes down to it, if it's not in an archived thread your on your own. No wonder the majority of new members never come back.
  22. S

performance struts

I posted in the "lowered" sport truck forum, but I guess they all have lock jaw....because no one wants to lend me any advice. I just bought some ground force springs for my truck, and figuring that since I'm pulling it apart I might as well upgrade the struts. If anyone has lowered a 3rd...
  23. S

Replace Rear Shocks on 02 Explorer??

Tower, good info:thumbsup: Is the front harder to replace?
  24. S

Ground force spring question

20 views and NO opinions???
  25. S

some info on lowering Q's about ranchos

You get the truck lowered yet and wheels mounted??? Lets see some pics!!!
Back