Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Superpower Steering

IZ I was actually thinking of doing something along those lines, except with a small section of PVC pipe. Tbars, nice find on the pump for sale on here! Looking back at the pump I bought, and the pump you are getting, I am not entirely sure why I went with the more pricey one. I want to say I...
  2. L

Superpower Steering

I have been very happy with it. The only issue that has arisen is that the pump itself sits more at an angle than it is supposed to, so I am having issues with fluid getting pushed out around the cap. I kind of figured this was going to happen, but if I had ground the bracket down more to make...
  3. L

Axle Pivot Bushings, how do I remove?

Lmao, a grinder for radius arm bushings? Now THAT is tact:thumbsup: Learning is awesome:hammer:
  4. L

Axle Pivot Bushings, how do I remove?

Man you guys approached this with a lot more tact than I did. I took a butane torch to the bushings, just long enough to get them flaming, then sat and monitored the situation until I was able to push the remains out with a screwdriver:D As for the metal sleeve, I left it. Everything went...
  5. L

I have an electrical issue......

Haha well my problem is fixed:p: Finally decided to take it to a shop where a buddy of mine works and let the people who know more than I do take a look at it. I got a phone call the next day saying they fixed the issue and my Explorer is ready to go. Come to find out it indeed was the cable...
  6. L

Great news! I get to keep hunting the issue! Got in there today and took the whole harness off the vehicle and disassembled it. Discovered there is one wire that runs from the alt. to the body, with the two pigtails coming off the alt. converging into one plug that mates to the rest of the...
  7. L

Yeah I haven't done anything about this yet. Still hoping the wires are the problem:rolleyes:
  8. L

410, do the two wires that plug into the alternator itself just tie in with the ground cable? Those are the only wires that, at a glance, I am not sure where they go.
  9. L

I called Ford yesterday to see what it would cost just to replace that wiring harness. Yeah its a discontinued part:thumbsup: So I think I will just remove it and see about making my own, or just check some junk yards and see about snagging one. I can only hope that this is my problem.:confused:
  10. L

My voltmeter is not registering much above 9-10 volts, and my battery light is on. Also noticed that the wires from the alternator to the chassis ground get really warm, and the part of the negative battery cable that runs to the same chassis ground is also warm. Not the whole cable, just the...
  11. L

Herculining interior, have a prep question

Lol, I figured that would come up:p: Marc, that looks good. I was unsure if it would be alright or not, glad to know that I will have less work than what I originally thought:thumbsup: Thanks for the tips too:D
  12. L

Herculining interior, have a prep question

Not actually using Herculiner, I went with Durabak instead. So far I have everything out of the Explorer, but was unsure what to do with the sound deadening material adhered to the floor. Those of you that bedlined your interior, did you scrape it off or just scuff it up? I've searched and...
  13. L

New eyeballs after 14 years

Yes, they did help. Though I have to admit it wasn't as much of an improvement as I was expecting, but it definitely is better.
  14. L

New eyeballs after 14 years

What I call eBay:D
  15. L

My alternator is sizzling my Optima

It hasn't happened since I posted this this thread:confused: I went and had both the alternator and the battery checked, and both are fine. The last time I had it on a long trip, every time we stopped anywhere, I would check the battery and it would barely be warm....
  16. L

2w or 4w abs?

Awesome, thanks for the response man, I will check and see what I find:thumbsup:
  17. L

2w or 4w abs?

Okay so I bought a 98 2wd Ranger about two weeks ago, and have been doing a few maintenance procedures on it. The truck needs new rotors, and when I went to get them through Autozone, they asked if the truck has 2w or 4w abs. I have no idea. I assume that 4w abs would be applicable to 4w disc...
  18. L

Approaching a crossroad, need some advice

Rock on, I was hoping to get a SAS'er in here:D If I knew how to weld, then I don't believe I would have any issue going solid. Here lately I have been seeing some pretty decent deals on sas stuff in the BST forum. Another thing for me is I know very very little about axles, other than...
  19. L

Great information guys:thumbsup: Thats all the wheeling I do is trail/climbing. And I had been eyeballing the D44 kit pretty hard....I am going to give him a call in the next couple weeks and see what he suggests. Maybe he'll tell me just to keep my money:p: That would be a shame...
  20. L

Meet and greet would be awesome. Especially at URE, I have not been there in a long while. Its the reason my truck has been down so much the last couple months:D Its funny to me that I have received responses from you two, because I have looked hard at both your guys suspension setups. Hows...
  21. L

Join me on my Hunt for the Reason of the Dreaded Wobble

I've been driving the Explorer the last couple weeks, and I am happy to say that everything is back to normal:thumbsup::D Once I got the new leafs in and took it for a spin, I had about 98% of the sway eliminated. There was still a tad left, but it was only really noticeable when I had...
  22. L

Definitely not quite there, but I know it is coming. At some point in the near future, I am going to want to start redoing the front suspension on my Explorer. The stock beam setup is no longer holding any love for me, or I for it. Over the past few weeks now I have been looking into either a...
  23. L

I need new coil springs, what have you been satisfied with?

Got them installed last week, just in time for the annual camping trip over the weekend. The coils are definitely softer than the Superlift ones, and even with the coil spacers in there, the front is definitely sitting about 1" lower than it was originally. So, while the 6" Skyjacker coils for a...
  24. L

Got the coils today, and they are about 1" shorter than the Superlift coils. I rummaged through the garage and found 1 of my F-150 coil seats, and if I can find the other one, then I will go ahead with the install of the new springs. As I can only imagine how low the front end would be if I...
  25. L

Haha, no, that was actually at Uwharrie. I've never been to Brown Mt., at some point I would love to make the trip.
Back