Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Sport swaybars

If I'm correct, I will have an answer for you in the next week or so. Need to look at a friends car and my 14 EX SPORT on the rack side by side. 90% sure it is 99.9% the same measurements. Will let all know.
  2. O

Sport swaybars

Nah, right vehicle. Will have to modify suspension to work.
  3. O

Sport swaybars

I would personally like to get a 3 way adjustable front and rear sway bars and end links. To be able to set the EX up for the track.
  4. O

Sport swaybars

I'm on my S5 and didn't see the swaybars. When I get home I will get on laptop.
  5. O

A SHO faster than a Z06, Shelby GT500 AND a GTR!?!

SHO ALL THE WAY!!!!!! Not that I'm biased though. I own a 14 Sport, 14 Stang GT and a 15 F150 FX4 3.5LTT CC. The question is,,,,, Which one do you want to buy replacement parts for? SHO!!! NUFF!!! SAID!!! I'm with you Livernois.
  6. O

A SHO faster than a Z06, Shelby GT500 AND a GTR!?!

Very Nice accomplishment!!!!!!!!! As far as fair, probably not. But think about it, still much cheaper!!!!!!!!! Less insurance too....
  7. O

Sport swaybars

Sport Sway Bars Does anyone know if a vendor has made swaybars for the front and rear for the EX Sports as of yet?
  8. O

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Crystal, Question that comes to mind, Why would there be a need for over 100 complaints about the same issue before a manufacturer recall is made? This has been a known problem for years and it hasn't been fixed even on the 2015 Model. I'm sure the 2016 will react the same way. Will this...
  9. O

SAS for 5th Generation?

Well, all good points 2TimingTom. Definitely wouldn't keep the transverse engine in the EX.... Mustang will be the heart doner....
  10. O

SAS for 5th Generation?

It is either SAS it or Take everything out of my 14 GT and install it in the EX.
  11. O

SAS for 5th Generation?

Has any one SAS'd the 5th Generation EX's yet????:us::)
  12. O

The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!!

When I get it tuned I will definitely post.
  13. O

If the 600+ HP Ecopowered Flex hasn't had problems yet, why would I. I don't drag it or stomp on it all the time. I have a 14 GT for that.
  14. O

In March or sooner I am going to add the SCT X4 Tuner tuned by Brothers Performance in Deland, Florida. They already tuned another Explorer Sport, which was stock, to 497HP. I can't wait to get it tuned.
  15. O

1/4 Mile Run Times

manual mode Here is something for you to try. Put it in manual mode, use select buttons on stearing wheel and put the 1 st gear indicator to the far left and double tap the left paddle shifter. This puts it in race mode. Press brake, press gas to about 3000 rpms, then floor it while letting...
  16. O

Lowering the Explorer

Slikirish, The Flex kit sits about an inch off the tires and you cannot tow with this kit. The Ex kit, I have, sits .7" lower in the front and 1.3" lower in the rear. I have towed a 14' trailer with a 93 Grand Marquis and it put the rear level with the front. The kit on the H&R site...
  17. O

New webiste is live - http://ecopowerparts.com

That's awesome news Mike!! Congrats! Do you know if anyone has done the R&D for front and rear swaybars?
  18. O

Lowering the Explorer

Thanks CobraJohn. What about towing? I towed 14' car trailer with 3000 lbs with the Ex springs and it stayed level. I will take a picture of me hooked up to my dads 14' trailer tomorrow and post it up tomorrow night.
  19. O

Lowering the Explorer

Cobra John, Where did you get your spacers from? If EBAY, do you have a link? Have you towed with your EX by chance?
  20. O

Lowering the Explorer

Thanks mabupa. I may hold onto the ones I have till I can have a set made for the rear or some coil overs are made. mabupa, what size spacers are you using? What part of Florida are you from? I am in Jacksonville. In August there is a show in Green Cove Springs, The Auto Combine 2014...
  21. O

Front and Rear Scuff plates

Very nice!! I want to get some lighted ones for the rear.
  22. O

Sport swaybars

Front/Rear Swaybars and end links Has there been any talk out there among vendors on getting us better f/r sway bars and end links for the 2011-2015 Explorer Sports? Also adjustable rear camber arms.
  23. O

Lowering the Explorer

My assessment of the H&R Explorer springs! They install super easy. (2 hours by myself in front of garage) They ride very nice, better than stock. PERSONALLY, the drop wasn't as low as expected! Called H&R and they told me the Explorer Sport will only see a .6" front and 1.3-1.6" rear...
  24. O

Lowering the Explorer

Got my coils in today!! Will have pictures up later tomorrow.
Back