Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

'91 F250 cat size?

hey guys, quick question. buddy bought a 91? 92? F250 and he's wanting to fab a cat-back with a flowmaster on it. truck has a 351W with a 5spd in it. the exhaust is currently stock and pretty well shot. this is fine and dandy but he's bought a 3" 40 series! I tried telling him that it's...
  2. I

stuck drums

haha! well at least it's an easy procedure to remember :D dont worry, i tried all the tricks i knew today. **** and abuse on the outside, hit the drum from behind, whack the axle, tap the studs carefully, etc etc etc... no luck. i think its just frozen solid to the flange. i'll keep you...
  3. I

stuck drums

ladies and gents, anyone have any thoughts on removing stuck drums from an 8.8 on a buddy's 91 explorer? we have reason to believe these drums haven't come off in a very long time and it seems that they aren't coming off the axle flange without a fight. a wrestle with a 3lb hammer, wd40, and...
  4. I

an obituary, of sorts... RIP 02 st

i can agree to everybody saying we're lucky to be alive. look at the first photo: I guess about 4-6 more inches on my side and we're hitting firewall. probably would have had broken legs and/or knee troubles. those photos are from when james and i saw the truck at the autobody shop (where it...
  5. I

an obituary, of sorts... RIP 02 st

hey guys, havent been on here in ages cause i dont have my father's explorer anymore. i'll probably retire to "lurker" status as i wont be getting another any time soon. in respect to buddy james (mechjames)'s wish, ill throw a couple pics up here. so why no ST, you ask? i got my N...
  6. I

Ranger doesn't like royal purple oil!

guys, where is all this misinformation coming from? what you have said, eureka, about the absorbing of sludge and breakdown of seals, is correct to my knowledge, i find the rest flawed: i hope the "fuel" part of this quote is just an error! but why would the oil pump "not like" the "thinner"...
  7. I

AC recharge mistake

im curious as to why your compressor needs to be jumped.... hopefully you haven't burnt it out with all of this refrigerant-less running. did you add any oil when you introduce the cans? my almost-608 training tells me you need to evacuate the system, fill it full of nitrogen and find your...
  8. I

Ever been to triangle beach in richmond, bc?

yeah it's broken. i was there at two in the morning friday night. there was people leaving and there's cones around the gate. it's open pretty much 24H. its a ****hole at times cause idiots leave beer boxes and old barbecues and crap. im trying to get mechjames and our buddies to have a...
  9. I

greaseball :D

greaseball :D
  10. I

Explorer on 31s

yeah i cant tell you what they want for the minion right now because i dont have the password to the Cycles Lambert password (they're a supplier in eastern canada). oh well. i can tell you that hookworms cost $49.50 retail and i got a smokin deal on them. oh how i love the employee discounts...
  11. I

truck pings badly when more then half throttle

i wouldn't immediately round it out, but the other two are easier to fix. seafoam the engine to remove the carbon deposits, and for the MAF, take the MAF out and hose it down with some electrical cleaner or brake cleaner. any cleaner that doesnt leave a residue, really, but those two are the...
  12. I

Ranger doesn't like royal purple oil!

you just answered your own question. the sitting for a week has probably caused the oil to leakdown so the lifters are making noise. royal purple is not your problem. i know mechjames IRL and he runs RP 5W-30 in his 94 XLT (and his pulsar) and it's not detrimental to his performance...
  13. I

1994 Ranger shifting late into 2nd gear

The only thing that causes the truck to have too much fluid is someone physically putting too much fluid in. Are you reading the dipstick when it's hot and in park? If so, how much mileage is on the fluid? maybe it's time to change it anyways. do the governor, the fluid and the filter all at...
  14. I

Things to check before buying

route66, im checking one out myself so im whipping up a big checklist... are you willing to get on your hands and knees and root around?
  15. I

Explorer on 31s

im not familiar with the rancheros. what bike is that? im more familiar with the hookworm: that's on my 2008 sasquatch. i know the minion and the holy roller, but the hookworm is the only one i've owned. oh, and they stand up to 125km/h (75-80mph).... ask mechjames. :D
  16. I

Explorer on 31s

cool tires, dangeranger! i've run maxxis tires on my bicycle and put them on many others (im a shop mechanic), but i've always wondered how the maxxis automotive tires were. let me know! im curious. :p:
  17. I

buying a used explorer

masterd, that's horseshit cause james bought the truck at 260K with no 2nd gear! failed to mention that, didnt ya james? ;) just kidding... but all things aside darryl's looking for a 5-speed, for the 5-speed, not to avoid the A4.
  18. I

buying a used explorer

in an email from the seller: "There isn’t a repair history as I believe we were the 3rd owners and nothing was kept track of. They guy that owned it before us was a mechanic so he probably just did what he had to do. Nothing that I am aware of has been replaced except the hubs should be...
  19. I

buying a used explorer

masterd, probably because you're a car guy and you took care of it. these things have to be babied or they burn out. simple as that. thanks for mentioning the cold part. i know that pre-heating a car before you sell it is a good way to mask its problems (especially things like lifter tick...
  20. I

buying a used explorer

looks surprisingly clean.... still checking on more info about rebuilt parts and official mileage. got busy yesterday so i only emailed the lady back tonight.
  21. I

How to replace a right Fender?

jack, best of luck! its a tough enough job... at least you're doing it out of goodwill for your relatives, not because you broke your buddys truck (yours truly. :rolleyes:) the trim below the lights that wraps around isnt a structural piece and on both justin's 91 and my friend james' 94...
  22. I

what cam to choose

hodggi, cams! now you're up my alley. i live eat and breathe those badboys. do you know anything about cam specs? if you do: Comp Cams 49-422-8 is a good looking cam to me. 1200-5200rpm range, 215/224 duration @ 0.050", 0.500"/0.500" lift. 112 LCA, 108 ICL. Comp says "Hydraulic Roller -...
  23. I

'94 Explorer needs lovin

haynes manuals have sections about cracked belts and hoses, and spark plug conditions too. they're helpful for things like that. shows you how to replace all of the small stuff like thermostats and PCV valves. lots of good pictures in them.
  24. I

buying a used explorer

seth, you goof. it's a M5OD... not the A4. if it was 400K with the a4 i would have ran away already. seems to be a pretty solid vehicle actually. ill inquire into the condition and age of the drivetrain.
  25. I

buying a used explorer

yeah i nearly crapped myself when the lady sent me the email! asking price is $800obo.. its been on the site for 5 days now. first-gens are usually pretty cheap around vancouver here... $1500 gets you a really good one. darryl has time and i have the know-how to put some work in so we're...
Back