Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

03' XLT 4.0, Drivers side valve cover leaking oil...

I know this thread is old, but did replacing the PCV Valve solve your problem? I'm having the same issue.
  2. T

Solenoid Block Replacement

Back from the dead... Did you end up getting this part and installing it? I bought a part off of ebay that had Ford 9L2Z-7G391-AA in the title, but has Bosch 1L2Z-7G391-AE on the part received. Just want to make sure it is okay before I install it. Update: Stock part removed from the vehicle...
  3. T

Heater hose..

This fix worked. If I had to do it over again, I would have gone with a 3/4" T fitting. The stock hoses got expanded over the years and 5/8" felt a bit loose. Had to tighten down the clamps a lot. No leaks so far.
  4. T

Heater hose..

Having the same issue. I'm going to try a 5/8" T fitting and some hose clamps to see if it will work. I was hesitant at first since ripping the hoses out of the current plastic fitting can't be undone, but looks like this is the fix.
  5. T

Removed broken fresh air door, question about air inlet

For the missing pictures... Block Air Inlet Slideshow by Wesley Butler
  6. T

Exterior Door Handle (plastic to metal) Conversion? > YES!

The old plastic handle design is an open slot which allows for a small amount of movement. The new metal handle design is a small metal bracket with a white plastic insert that is able to swivel just a small amount. Both designs serve the same purpose. I did NOT remove the white plastic...
  7. T

If you are worried about rust, I'm in Arizona, so we don't see much of that out here. But yes, I'm hoping I never have to remove them again.
  8. T

It was pretty much an exact replacement. I did not have to modify or adjust anything. Not sure how it compares on an Explorer Sport. Sorry, but If the info isn't in the links I provided, I'm not much help.
  9. T

03 V8 Stuck In Park

If I remember correctly, my normal brake lights did NOT come on, but my 3rd brake light did. It was so random when it would work or not work and the part was not expensive, so I decided to give it a shot. Since the OEM has changed the design, it was probably for a good reason. One week later...
  10. T

03 V8 Stuck In Park

2003 Explorer XLT, 4 door, V6, 4.0L, Flex. So, this problem has gone from intermittent to pretty much all the time. My wife got tired of the screw driver method, so I decided to fix it for good (see pics below). I ordered a Stop Light Switch ( Ford Motorcraft SW6282 ) online, but it is...
  11. T

03 V8 Stuck In Park

Yes, I kept searching and found out about this override (thank you for the response though). I used the override and it worked (see pics I took below or the video I found on youtube). The Explorer is now parked in the garage. I verified that the brake lights were not working. Then I tried...
  12. T

03 V8 Stuck In Park

Back from the dead. Having the same issue. How did you resolve it?
  13. T

GRR door handles

14. T

Door Handle Breaks Twice!! Hmmmm

15. T

Door Handle Replacement

16. T

So I ended up ordering a full set of four 95-97 metal exterior door handles from 1AAuto for $60 shipped. Picked up the nuts and bolts at Ace Hardware for another $10 making this project $70 total. Found lots of useful installation information here and here. Including the image below on...
  17. T

Lots of valuable info. Thanks! I've run across some threads on people having handle "flop" issues and fixing it by replacing springs. Even though I don't think this issue currently applies to my situation, should I replace the springs now as a preventative measure?
  18. T

Proof enough for me. I'm going to order new metal handles and perform the install. On a side note, do the yellow linkage clips tend to break during door handle replacement? I'd like to order them ahead of time if they are going to be an issue.
  19. T

This is great news! Thanks for the follow up. Any pics? This is a bit concerning as my intent is to buy NEW black '95-'97 metal replacement handles for a direct install. I'm hoping the '98-'01 handle linkage is similar enough that it will not matter or that it can be slightly modified to...
  20. T

Looking forward to the outcome! Good to know!
  21. T

Dorman wants to sell door handles that meet OEM specifications. Since Ford makes a flat metal handle for '95-'97 and a less expensive raised plastic handle for '98-'01, Dorman does the same. Their guide simply shows that the '95-'97 flat metal handle is not the same look or material that the...
  22. T

1998 Explorer XLT V8 5.0 My mother in law's exterior door handle broke... again. I don't want to have to keep replacing this plastic handle. I would prefer to convert it to a metal one. I think I remember reading that others have replaced 98-01 Explorer door handles (plastic) with 95-97...
  23. T

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

Just replaced the fuel filter for the fourth time (150,000 mile tune up) using this thread. Holy crap this job doesn't get any easier. I found the post above about using long straight pliers to be beneficial. My lesson re-learned this time: From underneath the car, reach in from the...
  24. T

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

Just removed the fuel lines from the fuel filter and fuel pump on a 98 Explorer using the tools and skills I acquired utilizing this post several years ago. Good stuff.
Back