Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Exterior Door Handle (plastic to metal) Conversion? > YES!

1998 Explorer XLT V8 5.0 My mother in law's exterior door handle broke... again. I don't want to have to keep replacing this plastic handle. I would prefer to convert it to a metal one. I think I remember reading that others have replaced 98-01 Explorer door handles (plastic) with 95-97...
  2. T

Will size 285 tires fit using only coil spacers to lift?

2003 Explorer XLT bone stock. I have read several threads on lifting (including the stickies). The posts were primarily from people who went to a size 285/75/16 or 285/70/17 tire using 2.25"/1.75" BTF Coil Spacers AND a 3" body lift. I don't care for the look of a body lift and frankly it...
  3. T

AC Compressor Exploded!

2003 Explorer XLT V6 4.0 4x4 with rear (aux) air conditioning. AC Compressor exploded! Assuming the A/C system has metal shavings in it. I've done some searching and found that I need to have a flush done, replace several parts myself (see list) and then have the system evacuated & charged...
  4. T

Spark Plug Wires in order of Legth, V6 4.0

2003 XLT, V6 4.0 Just a heads up for anyone replacing aftermarket Spark Plug Wires (which can use the same length more than once) with the stock Motorcraft set (WR6096) which uses a different length wire for each cylinder. From shortest to longest the wires go to cylinders 4, 1, 5, 2, 6, 3.
  5. T

Vacuum line missing?

2003 XLT, V6 4.0 Changing out spark plugs & wires today and I noticed it looks like I have a vacuum line missing. I can't tell where it would come from. I looked all over for a loose vacuum line and could not find one. Car seems to run fine. Is this part supposed to be like this? What...
Back