Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

3rd gen pic's

Have 16x,x.. miles on this 05. I keep telling myself every year that I will buy a new car, but can't seem to part ways with this one.
  2. E

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

Currently have 141,x.., serviced once at around 80,000.
  3. E

Rear end noise, AGAIN.

Hi, my 2005 Explorer developed a rear end noise a few months ago that has me going NUTZ. All four bearings were replaced 30k miles ago when i first detected that the bearings were going bad. The noise is present even if I let off the gas. No wiggle on any of the tires. My tires are a bit...
  4. E

Engine cr@pped out.

Found a 2004 from an Explorer with 58,000 miles, the swap came out perfect. Once again, thanks to all.
  5. E

Engine cr@pped out.

Thank you guys..
  6. E

Engine cr@pped out.

My 2005 Ford Explorer's 4.0 v6 engine took the rear timing chain. Weighing my options here and was wondering what engines are interchangeable? Have gone through older threads, but can't seem to find a straight answer. Thanks in advance.
  7. E

Another a/c question.

I gave this a try : http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274510 .
  8. E

Another a/c question.

Rigged the door, but the air does not feel as cold as before.
  9. E

Another a/c question.

Door panel came off and fell to the bottom of the air box. Rigged it using two toggle bolts and it seems to be working fine.
  10. E

Another a/c question.

Turns out I have a broken fresh air door.. Thanks guys.
  11. E

Another a/c question.

When i switch from regular a/c to max a/c nothing happens, basically same flow of air comes out regardless of making the switch. I am getting a clicking noise when i turn on the a/c, but my cool/heater control is working properly. By the way, thanks for replying.
  12. E

Another a/c question.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn't the blend door actuator control the heat/cold temp? Mine works fine...Now I did notice the "max air" setting does not work.
  13. E

Another a/c question.

Hi all, I have a 2005 Explorer V6 and sometime last week it started to do an intermediate dash noise, now the a/c is not cooling as much. All levels work and air comes out, just not as cool. Any suggestions ? Thanks.
  14. E

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

101,x.., did a fluid/filter change around 80k.
  15. E

Milage and Yr

2005 with 97k... Loving it and hope it makes it to 200k.
  16. E

belt tensioner loose - shakes

Did you ever get the problem fixed? Asking because i have the same issue going on with my 2005.
  17. E

2005 4.0 Slight sputter .

Just finished installing a new pcv valve.... Pointless.
  18. E

No codes. Did notice it only does it between 700-1200 rpms when applying my foot on the gas. Once RPMS go over 1200 sputter is gone. Also, my MPG has gone down to 13-14 from 15-16 city driving. Sprayed brake cleaner around the intake, tb, and several vacuum lines in search of a leak, but...
  19. E

First time post long time lurker here. Hope you guys can help me with my dilemma. I have a 2005 4.0 X with 84,x.. miles that has recently developed a slight sputter in low rpms. Feels like a slight drop in rpms more like it :banghead:. It usually happens in park or at a light, but it's...
  20. E

New member here with AC question...

exactly what it was..... thanks a mill.
  21. E

New member here with AC question...

New member here but have been glancing at site for sometime now...:thumbsup: My 2005 explorers ac all of a sudden only works on level 3 thr 5 either on regular or max. Any suggestions why this would be ?? Thanks in advance guys.
Back