Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Corner dents...

Try this One quick question, did you hit a person with the front of the truck? Cause all the red and everything... Anyways try the heat/air trick, works for most bigger dents, and then use retouching paint
  2. B

6 time flashing 4WD lights

I had the same problem and got the dealer to fix it! All they did is replace the main battery fuse. I ended up paying almost $600 to the ford dealership just so they could spend 10 min. finding a fuse. I would look it up online if you havent fixed it yet. Try expertvillage.com, they have a...
  3. B

Help Needed With Fog Light Wiring!!!

Is their any way to have my fog lights on without having the headlights on?
  4. B

fuse size

If it's not that more and your getting double the thickness of wire I would say go for it. You will have a lot cleaner sound because you will be able to handle more power. Also if you wanted to upgrade the subs and amp later. You wouldn't have to buy a new thicker install kit, unless it's comp...
  5. B

Finally they work right I check by scratching the wires on the bracket, that wasn't painted. Found the pos. wire and correctly hooked up the lights. So far no more blown fuses.
  6. B

Pos. and Neg wires Is there anyway I can test the factory wiring. Because i'm not sure which wire is pos. and which is neg. I tried a coulpe of ways but since if I turn on the the lights it will blow the fuse i'm limited on testing the current. Thanks for all the help so far.
  7. B

What replacement fuse should I use? You were right it was the fuse in the distribution box. I'm now questioning if I should replace it with the standard 15, or risk frying some wires and try a 20 or 25. What do you think I should do?
  8. B

I own a 1996 XLT Explorer. I'm trying to replace my old factory fog lights with some brighter 55watt H3 Halogen's. I have done everything, but the wiring. I stripped both ends and twisted them together and they worked. Me begin the way I am, i unhooked then and did the reverse. No power so I...
  9. B

Slanted Steering

Thanks i'll stop by a shop and get it checked today.
  10. B

Slanted Steering

The steering wheel in my explorer is lined up at a 15% angle vs. a perfect angle. Any ideas on how to do it yourself would be most appreciated.
  11. B

4wd lights flashing and windows locked? I got help!

I had this problem for about 3 months before I said enought is enought and took it to the dealership. Wow a $15 fuse was the problem.If you replace the battery fuse your problems gone.
  12. B

Back Windshield Wiper Rattle

I know the wiper must be a little loose so it can wipe the window's but, I have had 2 3000 watts subs installed in my car for the past 3 month's. This is what caused the rattle... Anyways what's the most professional look for stopping the rattle? The only thing I can think of is a piece of super...
  13. B

Cluster Panel Lights

I'm new to this forum and I'm certain someone knows the answer to my question. I have a 1996 Explorer. Some of the lights in the instrument cluster have burned out. Do you have to remove the instrument cluster to do this? I find it a very length process!!!:o
Back