Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Iron Man Grille?

Yeah, I ended up buying one of those gloss black honeycomb pattern grilles on Ebay. It's more like a standard Explorer grille so it does not have the side "snorkles" like the original Sport Trac grille. I also got a cheap billet style insert to cover up the "Bentley" look nonsense. LOL.
  2. B

Iron Man Grille?

Does anyone know of a current source for this black grille? I had one on back order through Summit Racing for several months but they finally informed me that the manufacturer (Sherman) had discontinued the part... The other obvious alternative would be to paint the original chrome grille black...
  3. B

WTB: 2007 ST LTD Driver's Side Seat

I'm looking for the driver side seat for a 2007 Sport Trac Limited, charcoal/grey leather, heated, 10-way power. No cracks in leather. Good heating elements.
  4. B

Why are so many Adrenalins from Canada?

I was at the local Ford dealer recently with my brother who was looking at used Escapes. We were in my '07 Sport Trac Limited. When a salesman approached us the first thing out of his mouth was "Are you looking to trade your Sport Trac? Those things are like gold right now, especially the V8s...
  5. B

Rear Carrier Bearing?

Thanks guys. I assume that would be for an AWD Escape? Do you know what year Escape or a Dana part number?
  6. B

Rear Carrier Bearing?

My brother-in-law has a 2007 Sport Trac, V6 4x4 and it needs a rear drive shaft carrier bearing. He was told he needs to buy a complete drive shaft because the carrier bearing on 4 wheel drive models is not serviceable. Is that true? When I do a search so far I can only find carrier bearings for...
  7. B

What Oil do you guys use for your 4.6 v3 ?

Been running Mobil 1 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL-820S since first oil change. Just passed 148k miles. No leaks, no drips, no problems. Knock on wood.
  8. B

Rear Adjustable Control Arms?

I posted this same question on the Explorer forum but so far no one has replied. I'm hoping some of my fellow Sport Trac guys with lifted rigs will have some input. I see in other threads that there are several lifted 2nd gen STs on this site and I would be surprised if no one else has had a...
  9. B

Rear Adjustable Control Arms?

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket adjustable rear control arm kit for the 2006 - 2010 Explorer? Has anyone made their own and what parts did you use? I have a 2007 Sport Trac that I installed Rancho QuickLifts on and am experiencing rear tire wear on the inside shoulders. I assume...
  10. B

Car wheels on a truck

Here's mine with the wheels from my 99 Mustang Cobra which are forged aluminum vs the original cast Limited wheels.
  11. B

08 ST.... Spark Plugs... help

I will soon be doing mine for the 2nd time. The 1st time was at about 100k miles and I am now approaching 150k. The truck runs fine but I am hoping by changing them sooner that they will come out with a little less drama than last time. When I replaced the first set I tried spraying Seafoam...
  12. B

5.4L Swap?

I asked JDM about the oil pump that comes with the 5.3 and they confirmed that it is the high pressure pump required for the VCT. I also asked them if the engine mount kit they include as part of their package deal would work in an Explorer. I am a little skeptical that it will since it is made...
  13. B

5.4L Swap?

At this point I would have no intent to use aftermarket cams but that is a point well taken. Ford also states that piston to valve clearance must be checked depending on cam choice. As for the different head choices the 5.3L shortblock uses a piston that is designed to work with either 2V, 3V...
  14. B

5.4L Swap?

The reason the 5.3 is so expensive is because it uses a brand new HD BOSS block, forged rods, pistons and stroker crank. If you wanted to add a supercharger or turbo later on you would already have a solid foundation. I really like my Sport Trac and I don't consider it a 5K beater by any means...
  15. B

5.4L Swap?

Trying to get a few more details figured out in case I get serious about doing this "swap". One of the issues I discovered today is that because the VCT system on the 3V heads is operated by oil pressure it requires a higher pressure oil pump than non-VCT engines (2V & 4V). I believe the 5.3L...
  16. B

5.4L Swap?

Again, my focus has shifted away from the 5.4L and to using the new 5.3L stroker shortblock that is based on a 4.6L iron block. This discussion involves '06 and newer Explorers since my vehicle is a 2007 Sport Trac. I also realize I am probably wasting my time trying to explain all that...
  17. B

5.4L Swap?

Not sure if you saw my last post. There is another possibility that would not involve using the wider 5.4L block and that is the the 5.3L stroker shortblock which starts with a 4.6L block. No change in overall fit of the engine but you would gain significant displacement. You could probably...
  18. B

5.4L Swap?

Ford Racing now has a 5.3L shortblock assembly that is based on the 4.6L modular block. It includes a cast iron block, forged internals and 4-bolt mains and would yield a 10.5:1 compression ratio with 3V heads. JDM has a kit that includes the above shortblock and the parts required to install...
  19. B

5.4L Swap?

I was aware of that saga. That's why I said "successful". LOL.
  20. B

5.4L Swap?

Have there been any successful 5.4L engine swaps into a V8 gen 2 Sport Trac or 2006 thru 2010 Explorer? The reason I ask is that there are some decent deals out there now for remanufactured 5.4L 3V engines. Depending on associated costs of the swap that might be a less expensive and potentially...
  21. B

New project

I used to run BFG All-terrain T/A 265/65/18s on my stock '07 Sport Trac Limited wheels with only a minor rub on the rear fender liners when towing or hauling heavy loads. I switched to Rancho Quick Lift coil overs and solved the rub issues. I have also since switched to BFG 265/70/17s on '99...
  22. B

Any news on a Ranger replacement?

Has anyone heard any news on whether or not Ford will reverse their decision and bring the world Ranger or a small/midsize truck back to the US market? My '07 Sport Trac will need to be replaced in the next couple of years and I sure don't want to go to the dark side but Ford is not giving me...
  23. B

Coyote Adrenalin at the track

A solid axle conversion would be tough without some major frame modifications. Unless you plan on drag racing this truck on a regular basis I would be looking at beefier half shafts first. I wonder how close the half shaft design is to those from the 03-04 Cobra? Both vehicles use the 8.8...
  24. B

cargo bed covers

I wonder how a set would look in a smooth plastic painted body color?
  25. B

Rancho Quicklift on Sport Trac?

That's pretty much what I thought. I am tempted to try these since my right front strut is making some thumping noises on the pothole infested roads here in balmy Ohio. Truck just recently passed the 75k mile mark so its about time for new struts anyway. I've also been running 265/65/18 BFG's...
Back