Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

play in sway bar link

going to replace tomorrow. reason i checked was cause im getting knocking noise in front passenger side going over bumps. Hope this will fix the problem. Not sure how lose it was friend of mine checked it and said had play in it.
  2. J

play in sway bar link

should there be any play in the sway bar link ends? I can move it with my hand.
  3. J

rocker panels fixed plastic covering

Need to get rockers on my 01 explorer sport done. The problem is they said they dont know if they can put that grey palstic thing back on. the plastic part that goes over the rocker. My question is how hard is that to get it back on? will look stupid without that on it. they said the rocker has...
  4. J

tailgate window latch

my window on my tailgate wont close all the way something wrong with the latch that holds it shut. Now window shakes when you go over bumps. How hard is it to change that latch? also it is a 2001 explorer sport so what other explorers can i get the latch from?
  5. J

wont go in 4wd low

never used 4wd in long while anyway i cant get it to go into 4wd low. It is a explorer sport 2001 goes in 4wd high thats all. If i put it in 4wd high and switch to low the 4wd high light still says on any ideas
  6. J

lower ball joint

how much trouble is it to change lower ball joint on a 2001 explorer sport?
  7. J

rocker and ground effects question?

yes the grey plastic stuff
  8. J

rocker and ground effects question?

I have a 2001 explorer sport i want to get the rockes fixed they need to be cut out and new metal put in. Anyway they said at the place i was getting it done they will see if they can get the ground effects back on or not when they fix the rockers. So is it hard to get the ground effects back...
  9. J

how to fix window?

i checked mine and thats not the problem I took the panel off the door and notced the window track was loose moves back and forth a little and i found a rivet in bottom of door. I cant seem to find where the rivet came off of it is a strage looking rivet almost like one end you could put a...
  10. J

how to fix window?

The window on the drivers side door rattles when i hit a bump. If i put the window down and grab the top of the window i can move it up and down a inch or two. I have a 2001 explorer sport it ha power windows it goes up and down but makes a funny noise like it shakes. Any ideas?
  11. J

replace door pins?

i dont think it's the pins it seems the door wont close all the way looks ike it is open a very small bit but enough to vibrate when going over bumps. What could cause this?
  12. J

replace door pins?

I have a 01 explorer sport when the door is open i cant get the door to move up and down at all semms like the pins are good. When the door is closed it seems like the door moves a little bit up and down and it makes a noise when going over bumps that drives me nuts. what could it be? if its...
  13. J

u joint trouble

yes yes the rear one. Is yours doing same thing mine was?
  14. J

u joint trouble

it was the the u joint replaced u joint it was shot and the problem is gone. Oh it has 97000 miles
  15. J

u joint trouble

I have a vibration going through my 2001 explorer sport and the steering wheel shakes a little. Only happens when i'm driving not when i'm stopped. Had friend look he said he thinks its the rear u joint can that cause that to happen? How do you tell if u joint is gone?
  16. J

rattling noise in rear

I now have a rattling noise in rear of my 2001 explorer sport. Happens when say at stop sign and give it good shot of gas. its worse if im on a hill and hit the gas peddal any ideas?
  17. J

truck running bad

forgot to add it only does it when im stopped
  18. J

truck running bad

my rpms are not jumping but my engine is surging a little but some times its worse then other times any ideas? i have a 2001 explorer sport
  19. J

knocking noise in front tire

Had guy look at my 2001 explorer sport cause I have a knocking noise coming from front pasenger side tire. He said he thinks its the rack and pinion. would that make knocking noise when i go over a bump? or could it be something else. I have no steering problems and the rack is not leaking. Only...
  20. J

street line paint on truck

I have lots of little white dots of white paint on my explorer. think it came from street line paint but not sure. tried getting it off with fingernail won't work. Any ideas how to get them off?
  21. J

lower ball joint replace?

if i get my lower ball joint replaced do i need wheel alignment? It's a 2001 explorer sport
  22. J

rocker panel question

The spot that the runnining boards bolt on to on a 2001 explorer sport is that the rocker panel? Mine is rusted there i bought the explorer few weeks and never even knew it was all rusted there. He gave me the running boards he said he took them off he never liked them but i say they rusted off.
  23. J

space between bumper and headlights?

Anyone else have space between the bumper and the headlights? I have a 2001 explorer sport has about half inch space between the bumper and headlights is that normal? can i fix it can i just raise the bumper some how? Any bolts to tighten?
  24. J

2001 explorer sport space between headlight and bumper?

I have a space between my headlights and the bumper about half inch this suppose to be like that? If not how do I fix can I raise the bumper?
  25. J

what is premium sound

When I got my 2001 exploere sport guy said in add that it had premium sound what is that? And also it has a pioneer deh 6500 cd deck installed. but the audio controlls in the rear are not working with it. is there anyway to hook them up to work?
Back