Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

1994 Explorer, Key Cut Tag still works?

That'd be amazing, you wouldn't believe what they charge in NYC for crap like this. I'll send you the info over PM. The key code tag I have is a tiny little thing with two letters and about 4 digits on it. It was on the key ring when I bought the truck, sound like it?
  2. P

1994 Explorer, Key Cut Tag still works?

I'm confused and I can't get a straight answer anywhere, can I get a key cut from the original key cut tag?
  3. P

Delete please

So I do have the proper key tag still. Are you saying that a locksmith can cut one from it? FYI I was able to get a key cut from an old broken key I luckily found, but it was old and worn out and the key doesn't work very well at all in the doors so I'm concerned that this will cause excess...
  4. P

Delete please

Okay so I found the key cut tag
  5. P

Delete please

Unfortunately I also lost the little tag that I think was a key code. So now what? Can the dealer cut it from the vin? Is there something in the manual. Thanks so much.
  6. P

Thinking of parting out my 94 limited. What do you think? Any experience?

I paid 3500 for the truck in febuary with 83k miles on it. I have replaced everything with systhetic fluid except brake and steering fluid. The truck is in great condition and it runs great. I have put about 16k miles since then(traveling cross country) and now I don't really need the...
  7. P

From stock to 31" or 32" tires, please advise

How did the kit affect your ride? Rougher? Did it handle the same? How much of a lift? I am thinking of going with the long leaf kit, can't find em anywhere though so far.
  8. P

What would the best add a leaf kit be for me to get? Any suggestions?
  9. P

Anyone in Jersey wanna help me paint my 94? I'll work on your truck/car =)

I have a 94 Lmtd edition in great shape, I do however want to change the paint to a different color. The thing is that I haven't painted a car in over 15 years and then it was helping my uncle and grandpa paint a roadrunner. I want someone to help me that has some know how and hopefully a...
  10. P

How much of a lift will shackles and spacers give me? 3" in the rear? What in the front? And since I will be doing the lift and replacing shocks anyways, shouldn't I get some slightly longer shocks? When I mentioned sagging springs I was refering to my rear ends springs.
  11. P

Well I wouldn't do the mod just for looks, that would be stupid in my opinion. I will be going off road a bit here and there so it will be functional. I could actually wait on putting the tire on, but I need new shocks ASAP and I want to do a lift also. I figured that there would be no point in...
  12. P

Well I want to lift as high as I can without getting into alot of extra costs.
  13. P

I have a 94 explorer all stock with 3.23 rear end and I want to put 31's or 32's on it but I am not sure what all is involved to do what I want. I do not want to spend alot of money (who does)? From what I understand, Warrior Shackles and F-150 spacers will give the lift needed, but I am not...
  14. P

GF says "build how you want, dont touch the new truck" Lift and 4x4 questions.

Which gear setup will give me better MPG with 31's?
  15. P

Well I would like to spend as little as possible for now while giving it a lift and getting new shocks for it. I need to hold off on new tires for awhile since time and money are limited. So I am thinking something like new shackles for the rear and {insert suggestion here} for the front of the...
  16. P

My GF and I just got a 2008 xterra 4x4 (which happens to be a badass 4x4 in stock mode) and she didn't like the idea of me hooking it up for 4x4. She has informed me that I am not allowed to turn the xterra into a 4x4 beast just yet, but that I can do what I will to our 94 limited explorer...
  17. P

94 limited used for towing a a little play/grocery getting. What shocks?

I have the saggy rear end on the explorer and I would like to address that issue since when I do any towing it severely sags. The shocks are on thier last legs right now so I was thinking of replacing them ASAP. Should I use air fillable shocks on the rear end so that whenever I tow I can just...
  18. P

How soon should I make the first oil change? Neew 2008 model

Hmm, I wasnt sure about when I should start with synthetic either. I was thinking of waiting a bit for that. Maybe 5k or so.
  19. P

How soon should I make the first oil change? Neew 2008 model

I just bought a new 2008 truck and I wondering if I should change the oil at 500 miles for the first time. I plan on using amsoil later down the road, but not during break in. I was thinking that I should change at 500, 1000, 1750, 3000, 5000 and then after this start running amsoil...
  20. P

94 limited, where can I find new drivers leather seat upholstry?

Hrmm, they do not seem to have limited edition trim
  21. P

Limited came with what?

My 94 limited does not have a factory towing package.
  22. P

Flowmaster 40 Gas mileage improvement??

Well have been thinking of doing many mods over the course of a weekend in an effort to improve mileage. I would be very happy if I could squeeze 24mpg out of this ride. We will see though, how it pans out. I may end up selling this nice machine and getting an SOHV 99 explorer
  23. P

Flowmaster 40 Gas mileage improvement??

Well I will pretty much all of the work myself, and I will go easy on it for MPG sake. The only thing I would have done at a shop would most likely be the cat back system and I would get that for a good deal. Everything else would not cost too much. As far as the mods, I can do whatever I want...
Back