Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

brake question?

went and replaced the pads ,rotor and bearings because driver side rotor had 3 really deep grooves in it .well 2 weeks later go and do the ball joints. and the rotor is starting to get the same three grooves in it .i did every thing that i have read on this site .cleaning the calipers and...
  2. R

Starting issues, and an array of questions.

i just had this problem with my 93 exlplorer same symptoms and everything fuel pump works and no gas at the fuel rail everything else worked as well .it just didnt want to start,tested everything and all was good ,was starting to drive me crazy.after i did some browsing through the threads here...
  3. R

question about lower ball joint for 93 explorer

thank you for the answer,unfortunatly auto zone dosnt have the spindle socket,so i have to use the jaw puller.
  4. R

anybody have an answer to my question.i want to start these ball joints but dont want to screw any thing else up.i have a bfh if this isnt going to work with the slide hammer .thanks for any help you can give me
  5. R

car just stopped running and i need to get my kids

shure enough the gas gauge was off put three gallons in started right up,i am glad that i came across the thread with a couple people talking about their gauges being wrong, i was about ready to rip out the gas tank and check the pump.thanks to everybody for their advise
  6. R

here is something .when i went to depresserize the fuel system at the pressure guage connection(dont remember the name )all i got was air and no gas came out so i repressurized the system by turning key on and off several times and went and tried again the same thing happened. the fuel pump...
  7. R

well i guess i will go buy a fuel pressure guage and see what it reads .thanks for the answers
  8. R

code 114 and 116

thats the problem car will not start so yea the engine was cold,and there wasn't any other codes that showed up.guess i will test the icm and fuel pump again,maybe my fuel gauge is wrong.thanks for your help
  9. R

code 114 and 116

93 explorer 4wd these two codes says the sensors are out of range. what exactly does that mean
  10. R

would a bad fpr cause the truck not to start and can you do a fuel pressure test without the car running ?
  11. R

just so you know it does turn over and trys to start ,you can feel it catch here and there
  12. R

changed the plugs and wires tested the icm and everything is o.k. but the car still wont start, going to diconnect fuel line at filter and have somebody turn the car over and see if the pump is pumping fuel.yea i got the kids but my wife needs the truck to go to college on mon. its her last...
  13. R

hey did some stuff to my truck, and now its idling rough

just did my plugs, going through the tire well for the one on the passenger side went pretty easy
  14. R

replaced filter car still not running testing plugs wires and icm
  15. R

i am also planning on cleaning my egr valve and tube ,but for some reason can't seem to find it anybody know where it is .i feel like an idiot never had this much trouble before
  16. R

fuel pump good ,fuel filter i will do and i checked the shut off switch first thing
  17. R

the truck was running great and then it just died with no warning
  18. R

everything is good there were no signs nor lights only check engine after truck died . just did brak pads and rotors and wheel bearings was going to do ball joints today all this to pass inspection and then this happens so ball joints didn't get done and i am almost out of cash and she needs...
  19. R

sorry guys its a 93 explorer sport 4wd
  20. R

my wife gets back from shopping (its her car)and tells me something is wrong with the car said it died out while driving and then didnt want to start back up again it took about ten min. to finally start.when i went to move it into the garage it started fine and then i turned it off went inside...
  21. R

well didnt even get to the ball joints my wife gets back from shopping (its her car)and tells me something is wrong with the car said it died out while driving and then didnt want to start back up againit took about ten min. to finally start.when i went to move it into the garage it started fine...
  22. R

yea the first thing i do is go and get a haynes manual as soon as i buy the car.i am going to do the balljoints today got all the stuff but no spindle socket for the slide hammer.all i got is the puller now from what i have read on this sight is to put the nut back on the spindle and hook the...
  23. R

so should i use a spindle socket or a puller for the slide hammer
  24. R

any of you know a good thread to look at can't seem to find one
  25. R

thanx guys it is 4wd and your right might as well do both will i am in there
Back