Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Dimmer switch problems.

I have an even weirder one for you. My dad has a 94 f-150 and he had no running lights at all. The only way for him to get his running lights on was to roll the dimmer switch all the way up until the dome light came on, then the park lamps would work. I replaced the headlight switch for him...
  2. W

Considering a 97 Ford Explorer

Here where I'm from there is a nice upholstery shop that does headliners for 75 to 150 bucks. I imagine an Explorer would be about 100 bucks. If it has a 4.0 ohv I'd get it. If it has the 4.0 sohc I would walk away and not look back. That's just me though, I hate the 4.0 sohc. My 96...
  3. W

Explorer Won't Start, Fuel Problem?

Well you did say that you could not hear the fuel pump. I'd start form the fuses and relays and work my way to the tank. I just replace one awhile back, fun job!
  4. W

Small engine question

Will do, thanks alot!
  5. W

Small engine question

Thanks for your reply. I didn't really check the pump. My friend told me the reason he was giving it away was b/c he had burnt the pump. The pump may be repairable. The pressure was just as good as a car wash but that was about it. I wasn't really concerned with the water pump, I just wanted...
  6. W

Small engine question

Yeah I know I should find a small engine repair forum. A buddy of mine gave me a pressure washer today, he said that the pump was burnt up but the engine ran fine. He said I could have it if I wanted it. Well he was right, the engine runs great but will not run if I turn the choke off or...
  7. W

Looking for factory cd player

I'm looking for a factory cd player for a 1994 FORD F-150. It's standard DIN not double din and it has 2 plugs in the back. The plug for the power and all that is rectangular and the harness for the speaker wires is small and square. It's fpr my dads truck. If y ou can help I would greatly...
  8. W

Driver side door lock switch

I believe he is referring to the rubber boot that covers the wires. You can see it when you open your door and look between the door and the door jam. I have seen this problem before.
  9. W

Heater Cores!

The one that I took out of my Explorer appeared to be the original and it also appeared to be made of Aluminum. The aftermarket I bought from O'reilly's Auto looks like copper or copper coated. If the one from O'reilly's goes bad I will go buy the next one from the Ford dealership.
  10. W

2 ?'s about 1994 F-150 5.0 v8

1st problem: My dad has a 1994 f150 with the 5.0 v8. Whenever you crank it the rpms and the idle fluctuate up and down. It is a real pain when you are trying to get out of a parking spot b/c turning the wheels sharply makes it worse and it usually cuts off. It will even do it while in park...
  11. W

Tool and sub box idea what yall think.

Neat idea. When you finish it show some pics and if you dont mind share the measurements. I thought of making something similar but without the speakers.
  12. W

A/C oil leak

You can buy the die and UV light at your local parts store and find the leak yourself. I don't remember the oil in my A/C having a smell, bit I do remember that it was neon green like antifreeze and when I got it on my hand it sizzled and bubbled, almost gave me a panic attack.
  13. W

Have to repack bearing if rotors turned?

When I took my front rotors off to have them turned. I bought new bearings and it was pretty simple. The bearings are pretty easy to get out and so was the rear seal. The races are a tad more of a challenge but still simple. Packed them back in with some Ford Lincoln Mercury bearing grease, I...
  14. W

Question about switching oils...

Back in 2000 or so I worked at Wal Mart in the tire & lube dept. I asked one of the managers where did thw wal mart brand Super Tech come from? He said, "Quaker State!" He said that you can even look at Quaker state and Super Tech very closely and notice that they have a light green tint to...
  15. W

Time for suspension refresh...

I put the Reflex shocks on my explorer. Rides really well, I used to have Gas Matic shocks they were yellow they didn't last 2 years and always squeaked. The reflex shocks reduced the noise dramatically as for being stiffer than the sensa trac, I wouldn't know its an Explorer and rides like a...
  16. W

black wheels and black plastic trim, what do you think :D

Looks good. I want to have my factory wheels powder coated black but I would have to pay to have the tires took off and then take the rims to the guy that does the powder coat and leave them with him for about 2 weeks and then tires mounted and balanced again. Leaves me with no car for 2-3...
  17. W

Left brake light/turn signal intermittant

Try replacing the flasher. That's what I call it. I don't know the proper name for the part. It could be a faulty flasher. Worth a try!
  18. W

e-brake cable snapped

I wished I could help, but I have never had to replace one and I did a search and didn't find any write ups. I'd go look on mhy Ex and see how it works ut it's in the shop with a bad head gasket!
  19. W

ill handling 2001 explorer sport

Sway bar links could be a culprit. I have read on here quite a few times where someone had a broken sway bark link. I'd start there (front and rear links) and even replace the sway bar bushings. Somewhat inexpensive and not too hard of a task to tackle. Keep us posted. Also, I'm sure you...
  20. W

Driver side door lock switch

That's a new one on me. I'd see how much a switch cost at the junk yard and try it and see what happens.
  21. W

Question about switching oils...

I don't know what brand or weight of oil the previous owner used in my Explorer but when I bought it I ran Valvoline 10 w40. I switched from that to Castrol GTX 10 w40 for about 2 or 3 oil changes and I am currently running Valvoline MaxLife 5 w30. I am going to stay with the MaxLife 5 w30. I...
  22. W

Head gasket leak, What to do ?

I'd say that the coolant reservoir goes dry every 2 weeks. $350 bucks was an actual quote. I think I will go ahead an let him do it. I can't stand for something to be wrong on my car. As for how much do I love my Explorer? Not too much, since gas prices have risen. I actually need a...
  23. W

Head gasket leak, What to do ?

I found out that the reason I am losing coolant is due to a head gasket leak. It's on the driver's side head. I have 2 choices. Buy a head gasket kit and pay a guy 350 bucks to replace both head gaskets. Or Put in some of that head gasket repair liquid. Now alot of peopole swear by this...
  24. W

**EMERGENCY** Torsion bar help needed!

Thanks! Got it finished this morning. I had to take my son to his baseball game yesterday evening and it was too dark when I got home. Thanks again!!
Back