Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. SB98UKexplorer

picking up a new car on thursday

lol i have seen the pics and spoke to them about it, they know as its there first tme using ebay to sell there cars
  2. SB98UKexplorer

picking up a new car on thursday

well time has come and i feel the need to move on, iv always had an eye for mustangs so iv bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251410241032?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1290wt_986 ill be selling my explorer in couple of weeks time once iv cleaned her up and made sure...
  3. SB98UKexplorer

recovery truck has broken the park pawl

Well second time its been on the recovery so far lol (both gearbox related) Some how the gearbox extension inbetween the gearbox and transfer box had lost a nut and the rest are loose so it lost all the gearbox oil down the motorway, lovley mess it made under there now, called the recovery...
  4. SB98UKexplorer

Anti knock sensor

i cant rmember that number or find it, im sure i searched for it on here, this was over 3 years ago i had done that
  5. SB98UKexplorer

Anti knock sensor

try it without the vacum pipe connected to the fuel reg, as you stated could be low pressure from the fuel pump, i bought a walbro 255lph from states for 85 quid
  6. SB98UKexplorer

5r55e poor lock on 1,2 and 5

hi all, iv only just noticed this, Whilst doing 70mph and the gearbox is in o/d if i lift off the accelerator peddle the gear drops out in a neutral state, press the accelerator and the gears shift to find 5th then lock. Also same thing as im doing 40mph and i manually shift from D to 2 or...
  7. SB98UKexplorer

Checkin in!

mines still going, second engine and 3rd gearbox so far lol
  8. SB98UKexplorer

engine light on but no code?

cheers for the late reply, i cant remember what i did but i had cleaned up the terminals on the wiring loom and checked all wires to the o2 sensors. after that it cleared. and has no longer shown a engine light
  9. SB98UKexplorer

engine has lost compression, o rings failed/valves failed

cheers, i got a engine from chris, and had it swapped it over at my local garage, they also said thats the first and last time they will do one, it had taken them 28hrs of work to do it.
  10. SB98UKexplorer

good news, picked up the ex today from the garage with the new engine from chris, its so much better smooth idle and power, i forgot how good it is :) leaves my engine with aload of parts i can take off for spares now.
  11. SB98UKexplorer

Beautiful 1998 2nd Gen Ford Explorer for sale with reg plate F8RD X

v8 ex went for 2500 in the end from 3200 and the north face iv no idea, it was at a buy it now price of 2800
  12. SB98UKexplorer

Beautiful 1998 2nd Gen Ford Explorer for sale with reg plate F8RD X

i was watchin a v8 ex on ebay and a £2800 north face, taken roughly 6 months to sell
  13. SB98UKexplorer

For Sale cobra side steps

iv got a set here, drivers side needs new mounts, moving house now so rather throw these out it be better if someone here could take them, i dont want much for them and your more then welcome to pick these up
  14. SB98UKexplorer

dismantling 1999 explorer

25 quid and what ever for the posting for first class
  15. SB98UKexplorer

iv got these clear rears if you like?, there just been sitting around for years since i had my first early body ex, you just need yellow and red bulbs for them
  16. SB98UKexplorer

Dyno Testing & Downshift

when you reached 127 mph, at what rpm did you reach?
  17. SB98UKexplorer

Wanted manifold/headers gaskets and bolts

cheers chris, i hope they good enough to be undone, mine all broke when i had the bbk manifolds put on
  18. SB98UKexplorer

Wanted manifold/headers gaskets and bolts

hi, Does anyone know where i can get these as i have to transfer over my bbk manifolds to the replacement engine, the ones on mine have fallen apart and there only half of the bolts holding the manifolds on as they all broke off in the block, cheers
  19. SB98UKexplorer

Hi Chris, i was wondering what is the possibility of you removing and fitting the engine in for me as i am due to move this week sometime or next week to a small rented flat unfortunately there isn't any space to store an engine. I will pay you for your for your time and will also arrange...
  20. SB98UKexplorer

ill take the 70 quid one mate, i need to fone my mechanic up to see when he can do this first and ill let you know when i can come down to collect, cheers once again
  21. SB98UKexplorer

what do you want for the bare engine?
  22. SB98UKexplorer

my explorer has unfortantly come off the road and has been at a garage to diagnose why it was getting so hard to start and the fuel being dumped out the exhuast, they done a compression test and found 2 are very low below 40psi and the other 4 between 70 and 120 psi, they reckon due to it being...
  23. SB98UKexplorer

Fitting new radiator

i would pull out the bottom rad hose to release the water, and resserve line to the bottle and take the rad cap off to releave the vacum, take the intake pipe off the throttle body and maf so there is clearence, fan shroud is easy to remove, undo the top 2 10mm nuts, lift and push the fan...
  24. SB98UKexplorer

Cam locking tools

iv not got a qoute from garage but it will be a engine out job as the shaft that run through the block to do the rear cam will have to be blocked or welded up.
  25. SB98UKexplorer

Cam locking tools

not on stock heads, only the 24v cosworth heads this can be done
Back