Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2004 V8 O/D Off light flashing

Any follow up to this? It sounds like I have exact same issue. 02 explorer, 230k miles, 100% stock and original (trans never touched except flush/filter). Converter won't lock up and O/D light starts flashing around 50 mph. All gears 1 thru 5 shift fine. No check engine light. Code P0741...
  2. S

flashing OD light - detail info inside

P0741 Shop said code is for converter slipping. He said at minimum it would need new converter (not recommended due to age of transmission). Recommended 2 options: 1) rebuild trans, new converter, 1 yr warranty $2,700 2) new jasper trans, new converter, new trans cooler, 3yr/100k warranty...
  3. S

Thanks for responses. My OBD2 scanner (Garmin EcoRoute HD) would NOT read the codes...i think it only does check engine light codes. I dropped it off at shop last night and i'm anxiously awaiting to hear what codes they pulled off. The shop owner is a friend of mine, so I should get honest...
  4. S

the truck drives perfect, no shaking, sputter, or anything. My wife said she didn't even notice anything different other than flashing light. Being a DIY'er, i noticed the RPMs were a bit higher. *fingers crossed*
  5. S

2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 4x4 230k miles stock/original everything on trans (except fluid/filter) Vehicle shifts fine 1 thru 5 and no clunks when slowing. O/D light flashes when speeds are over ~50 mph and stays on until vehicle shuts off. When you turn vehicle back on, it is off until you...
  6. S

Explorer hatch locking/unlocking while on

Nevermind. Buy hatch locking/unlocking, what she meant was rear HVAC is making a clicking noise. LOL turning it off and not worrying about it until next week. Noise is coming from rear area, but maybe the HVAC fan is back there? Not sure, will investigate later and post up solution if anyone...
  7. S

Explorer hatch locking/unlocking while on

Wife just emailed me from her work and said on the drive in this morning, the rear hatch (not any of the other 4 doors) was randomly locking/unlocking. And it only happened while the car was on. What could cause this? Actuator? Relay? Security issue? Thanks ahead of time for any advice! I...
  8. S

Coolant temp code

Did you ever fix this? I have similar issues. 02 4.0 with P0118
  9. S

unique starting issue with details (please help!)

OK, got a code when i got home. vehicle started fine, but P0118 came up along with the red "check gauges" light, even though all gauges looked normal. i assume temp gauge was pegged down. my garmin said engine coolant was reading -40*F. So, i'm giong to research that. i'm still ruling...
  10. S

Is there a chance my key/security could be the issue? I'm going to try spare key when I get home.
  11. S

battery is brand new and fine. I suspect fuel pump also, but i've never heard of one dying in this manner. they usually stumble then completely die. never seen one last a few weeks and only effect start up. one mechanic said usually when the fuel pump fails, you cannot restart it. i've had...
  12. S

2002 Ford Explorer stock with just over 200k. 4.0 4wd 4dr XLT relevant items replaced within last year: DPFE sensor, battery, fuel filter, alternator tested and OK. Fuel pressure tested LAST YEAR and was OK at idle. I plan to retest soon. 1) noticed every once in a while for last...
  13. S

spooky ghost in 02 explorer?

BINGO! lift glass wasn't shut all the way. Thanks for the help guys!
  14. S

haha, good thought actually. but, she only has one keyfob and it is on the key in the ignition, never leaves it.
  15. S

Posting for a female friend who just called me, so not sure how exact I can describe problem LOL but here goes. 02 XLT Explorer, 4.0 4wd, 4dr, 145k miles driving down interstate, warning beep was beeping (like if you were low on gas, etc), but NO warning lights came on or were flashing on...
  16. S

Front Pinion Seal Replacement Procedure.

I'm eager to hear a reply as well. Got an 02 4.0 4wd with leaky front diff seal also. thanks! Justin
Back