Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

timing chain tensioners

Both hydraulic tenisnors can be replace easily. No engine removal. That's like a 30 min job. If your going to do any work on guides or chains the engine needs to come out.
  2. V

Leaking Valve Cover Gaskets - Remove Intake Manifold? 2006 4.0L

Replace the orings and intake bolts. The rubber grommet shrink on the slip bolts and the bolts and do not tighten the intake down well to the block causing a air leak
  3. V

timing chain tensioners

The 4.0 engine needs to be removed. Or the transmission needs to come out to replace the timing chains and tensioner. The parts are expensive, better to let it blowup and get a used motor.
  4. V

Cam shaft sensor location

Cam shaft sensor location there are 2, one one each valve cover.
  5. V

What shops will do a timing cassette replacement on 4.0 SOHC?

you would need to pull the trans or engine, its a mood point. Drive it till it blows up and replace the block.
  6. V

Passenger side manifold replacement, rear ac lines in the way

Remove starter, unbolt motor mount and jack up engine. Drill out any broken studs. Replace with stainless steel bolts. Ford makuloco had video and links to the drill bits and easy outs. Worked like a charm.
  7. V

2007 Explorer

The ads are way overwhelming. And pop up. Other sites do just fine without so many ads. I can barely click around on my phone without a popup or video. Explorerforum.com should payme for my knowledge. This site is a joke anymore This is what I see. Go to expedition forum or blueoval forum...
  8. V

2007 Explorer

This site has way to many ad's And the page goes down offline. Screw exploreforum!
  9. V

2006 Explorer Limited making me crazy

Did anybody specify what engine we are dealing with?
  10. V

2006 Ford Explorer

Information about your truck would help. What engine, tran, 4x4? Need details
  11. V

2007 Ford Explorer 100$ bounty

Weak in the details! What engine and trim do you have?
  12. V

Transmission issues again

Hummm awhhh! What tranny do u have? What engine do you have? Details are weak.
  13. V

2008 Limited power running board replacement motor?

The back cap with the 3 torque screws, that protects the windings. That has magnets in it. So if your motor runs the wrong way, rotate the cap, that will reverse the motor. It is changing the 12v + and - polarity.
  14. V

how to retrieve door code

Dont know how your doing that. 06-10 use smart junction box under the driver dashboard. Haven't see a code back there scince 2nd gen explores
  15. V

how to retrieve door code

No the code is not in the back. It is on the driver fuse box. I have posted server post how to get code.
  16. V

Knocking noise 4.6 3v

Try changing those coils. They are aftermarket. Could be throwing off the timing.
  17. V

Passenger Side Moisture on Floorboard

This will probally be my last post. The ads poping up are out of control. Shame on the website builder. I dont care if they say it pays for the site. Its out of control. Plus there are members paying for no ads. Ugh you suck! Anyways check for the air conditioning drain tube or if you have a...
  18. V

Three codes - anyone familiar with them?

Maybe the rubber boots on the coils are breaking down. I replaced all the coils and dead spot went away. Put in 2oz of shudder fixx in the tranny.
  19. V

Radiator Fluid Leaking From Above Spark Plug Cap *Video*

Do you have rear hear? I think I found a solution for 6.99, istead of buying the whole assembly from ford for 186.00, o'reily auto part # murry84757
  20. V

t-case fluid

I thought I saw a youtube video from fordtechmakuloco to use motorcraft LV fluid?
  21. V

6r60 to 6r80 swap?

I am no transmission expert, but I think even you swap a 6r60, for another 6r60 there maybe an issue with the electronics. And would need to be reprogramed.
  22. V

2008 Limited power running board replacement motor?

I removed the 3 Allen bolts, came right out. No force.
Back