Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Can this '95 Explorer make it across the country?

You've gotten some great advice from the peeps. My two cents, with 10k on the drive train, you should have nothing to worry about. It's not even broken in yet. I have 326k miles on my '91! I finally updated the front and rear springs about 60k miles ago so it almost drove like a brand new car...
  2. D

1996 Explorer XLT: Rear Frame "issues"

You should have just trusted your mechanic. His expertise vs opinion is good. You're driving an unsafe vehicle now. You'll need to look for another one in good shape. It will save you time, money and headache of a frame swap and you mentioned you don't have the time to do it anyway. If you...
  3. D

Am I getting ripped off by dealer?

Well, if you don't have a relationship with a small shop, then you're at the mercy of your dealer. The smaller shop may charge just a tad less on parts mark up and labor cost. Since it's at the dealer now, you don't have the option of getting a second or third opinion from a private shop...
  4. D

99 Explorer fuse 26

Right on. If you truly have that engineering mind, then you'll love going to the PicknPull to teach yourself about how the things are put together and taken apart, especially if you're going into ME. Take the time to examine and think about the systems.
  5. D

99 Explorer fuse 26

Oh my. I am glad you're heading to ME school. I'm surprised if you have that inclination that you already don't know a bit about electrical. No offense. So the first thing is that you didn't have too much voltage. It's all the same in your 12v system. It's not like you'll get a surge in the...
  6. D

Air Conditioner Evaporator Removal

Hi again. Well, I created 2 youtube videos about taking apart the evaporator box and cleaning it. I was successful at taking things apart. So far, the defrost mode is working fine with no humidity build up and even in just heat mode, the cabin seems to feel much better. and
  7. D

1991 explorer opening the evaporator box?

Hi everyone. I hope my short video helps. I was able to take the housing off the evaporator! It was not that hard but about 2 or so hours. I had to remove the plastic passenger side wheel well to get to the bottom of the evaporator. You'll hear my explanation on the video. But now I've run...
  8. D

Mahalo. I hope there are no hidden bolts on the firewall side and only along the top, front and lower perimeter of the box. Once unbolted, I hope is simply detaches.
  9. D

Mahalo! I am hoping that I can dismantle both sides so I can do a good cleaning. I realize now that I may have to removed the fan motor as well. I just didn't want to have to de-energize the entire system just to clean the evaporator. I saw that old post as well during my search.
  10. D

[RESOLVED] Evaporator Core Cleaning Questions

Mahalo for posting. I have been asking to see if the plastic box that houses the evaporator can simply be unbolted and opened to clean and vacuum out. I have a '91 Explorer and I am pretty sure it's clogged and dirty. I know my a/c system is fine overall. But in the summer, it takes a bit...
  11. D

Hello. Has anyone ever been able to unbolt the 2 halves of the evaporator box w/out having to remove the entire assembly from the firewall and/or have to evacuate the refrigerant from the system? I am pretty sure that after 26 years, the evaporator is pretty clogged with dirt and debris. I...
  12. D

Air Conditioner Evaporator Removal

Hi there. Do you recall if the evaporator box housing can simply be unbolted? I see there are 2 halves bolted together at least from part of the top and front. The rest is a bit hidden until I have time to remove the air return box to see further down. After 26 years (!) (1991 Explorer), I...
  13. D

brake bleeding

I have a 1st gen. I accidentally let air get into the master cylinder. I will try it this week but my Ford shop manual page 06-09-46 of the Anti Lock Control, removal and installation of the RABS module, after installation, instruction #4. Bleed the brake system as described in Section...
  14. D

changed master cylinder and still weak brakes???

RABS valve Hi. I will try it this week but my Ford shop manual page 06-09-46 of the Anti Lock Control, removal and installation of the RABS module, after installation, instruction #4. Bleed the brake system as described in Section 06-00 Brake - Hydraulic-General service. It is not necessary...
  15. D

Fron end noises

tie rod rubber boots hi there. has anyone ever replaced the rubber grease boots of the tie rod ends of a '91 exploder? are they worth repairing? i have been having a tough time finding out if i can replace those with a poly bushing. can i also replace the grease boots that are at the...
Back