Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rough idle and "Check Engine Soon" light - FIXED

Have a 2002 Explorer V6 and having very similar issues with the low idle (engine appear to almost die at some stops), Service Engine Soon light and fuel trim bank codes. Has anyone had this issue on the v6? I know most of this thread deals with issues on the 4.6L V8.
  2. C

Brake Splash Shield/Dust Shield advise

Hey I got the replacement splash shield and it came with three hammer-in rivet type things. Wonder if there would be any reason I couldn't replace these with bolts?
  3. C

Brake Splash Shield/Dust Shield advise

Hello, I have a 2002 explorer 2WD. I recently removed the splash shield/dust shield from behind the drivers side front brake disc. After 100,000 miles its has become mangled and banged up and was scraping against the wheel. From what I have seen, this part is about $25 (on...
  4. C

Bad Smell from 2002 explorer

Hello, I have a bad smell coming from the A/C in my 2002 Ford Explorer. I just smell it when the air is turned on. I have seen on various posts to either: replace filter spray lysol into a/c intake to kill resident mold Does someone know if the 02 model has a filter? If not, where...
  5. C

Part Number for Cigarette Lighter Well - 2002 explorer

Hello, I am needing to replace the front cigarette lighter well (12v charger) on my 2002 explorer. Over the years it has worn and no longer makes a good contact when used. I cannot seem to find the part number or replacement kit. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Chuck
Back