Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

My XLT hates hot weather - dealer stumped!

I have this same problem, matter of fact I just sputterd back home,lol. I replaced the IAC valve last year and did not help. Interested in the recorder that was put into Road Rash's explorer, and what the dealership found? Just getting alot of guesses on here.
  2. T

Follow up on '99 XLT issues

Thanks for the info, do you think i can get a RCM for the air bag malfunction, if the explorer im getting from is not wrecked?
  3. T

Follow up on '99 XLT issues

I had previously posted a thread about my cruise contol, and chiming issues. Some very wise man told me that the chiming was due to a burnt out air bag light(thank you who ever you are):thumbsup:. I took out my instrument panel and found to my suprise, the air bag and abs lights and sockets...
  4. T

Cruise control

and also, I wrote another thread about chiming that wouldn't stop. One member said that my air bag light bulb was burnt out. Sure enough when you turn they key on and all the other indicators came on, the air bag light did not come on. I took my instrument panel out and notice the air bag and...
  5. T

Cruise control

Sorry for the late response, thanks to all those who chimed in. As far as the cruise control, the harness is connected, my light in the panel comes on when the button is pushed. As far as the tranny, My wife took it today, she said she was stopped at a stop light, when the light turned green...
  6. T

Cruise control

My cruise control does not work. When u press the button the cruise light comes on but does not hold speed. Any Ideas? Also would anyone no the part number for the light bulb sockets that go to the instrument panel?? This seems like something they should have at an autoparts store, but i...
  7. T

Just bought a '99 XLT, having issues.

I purchased a 99 explore XLT about 3 weeks ago. I feel really stupid because Im pretty mechanically inclined, but failed to check some things. I have the chiming problem which i already posted, thanks to those who helped. A week ago i was driving in town and as the rpm's went up to 3000 rpm...
  8. T

Chiming won't stop, HELP!

Chiming won't stop continued I want to thank you both for the reply, kinda confused though, got two totally different answers. So if the airbag light is burnt out it sets off that chime? Does that mean that there is something wrong with my airbags as well or just that the light is out?
  9. T

Chiming won't stop, HELP!

Got a '99 Explorer XLT. As soon as you start it there is a chime. Its different than the seat belt chime, more like the door open chime i guess. But when the door is open, the door ajar light comes on, and shuts off when the door is closed. It beeps 5 times every 5 seconds for about a...
Back