Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Stuck/No Speedometer

it doesn't have cruise control. and the VSS is brand new also the previous owner tried a new VSS so thats not the problem I will try a cluster from a junkyard, I have a great all ford junkyard back home. That is the code that autozone's scanner read. I saw it for my self. So I don't know what...
  2. B

Stuck/No Speedometer

also the ABS light came back on today can that code be read with a scanner. Any other common problems that can cause it to come on?
  3. B

Stuck/No Speedometer

i forgot to mention that it is shifting hard upon acceleration. We had the dash and cluster apart to clean and check the connections. We didn't see any loose or pinched wires. Thanks for the suggestions I will look into those. I'd rather take the dash back apart than drop the tranny.
  4. B

Stuck/No Speedometer

We have recently acquired a 97 Explorer 4.0 OHV 2wd with an auto. Ive tried searching and have tried some stuff, but to no luck. Before: As soon as I would start moving the speedometer would go up to 50mph and stay there. It wouldn't go up or down until the vehicle was shut off. I replaced...
Back