Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

E Brake cable connector

OK I got it today at Advance Auto for $4.09 + tax Part # 21126
  2. M

E Brake cable connector

Thanks RickOTR for the info. I'm going to check at my local Auto Zone & Advance Auto to see if they might have it in their help parts section before I order it from Amazon. If they have it I'll save the shipping charges. Thanks again.
  3. M

E Brake cable connector

I was replacing the intermediate parking brake cable on my 95 explorer and broke the metal connector that attaches the front cable to the intermediate cable. I've been searching online for the part but no one seems to have a listing for it. It's like it don't even exist.lol Does anyone know...
  4. M

How to: Ford Explorer Blower Motor Control Module - Replacement

You can take a look at this thread and check out the tests you can run from the service manual that 96eb96 posted. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361285 It helped my diagnose the problem plus there is some other useful links and info in the thread that may help you.
  5. M

95 Explorer EB Blower motor quit

OK got the 2nd replacement installed and all is fine. Sent the original back to Rock Auto for refund as it was still under warranty 3year 36,000 miles. Thanks to all that helped.
  6. M

You wouldn't think so but when the blower motor speed controller goes bad it can. This is the second one I had do that, the factory one when it went bad & now this one that was new out of the box.
  7. M

I finally got a replacement part & now the blower motor runs all the time on high speed even with the key off. This was the original problem the last time. I'll be sending it back so it will be awhile before I get a new replacement.
  8. M

I finally got some time to run some tests. I put 12V to the motor and it runs fine. When I got to test B5 it shows I have a bad blower motor speed control. I just replaced that same part in 11/2010, it's strange that that the original part lasted 15 years and the replacement only lasted a little...
  9. M

Thanks for the test info 96eb96. I'm out of town for the weekend so I'll check it out next week when I get back.
  10. M

I did my testing with the connector unplugged from the blower motor, I didn't probe the wire. Like you said I'll have to put 12V from the Battery to the motor and see what happens. Does it matter which prong on the blower motor I use for ground? I think the PK/WH wire is 12V & the OG/BK is...
  11. M

I did the self test again this morning when it was in the mid 70s outside and the results were code 888 so I'm guessing the code 030 was because it was over 90 degrees inside the vehicle. I also pulled the plug from the fan motor and put my meter on it and I have no voltage when testing the...
  12. M

It says DTC 030 is the in car temperature sensor is short to ground. I may have got a false reading due to the temp in the car might have been over 90 degrees. I'll have to run the test again this evening after the sun goes down to make sure.
  13. M

I just ran the self test on the EATC and it comes up with a 030 code. Does anyone know what that code means? Where is the blower motor relay located?
  14. M

1996 lower ball joint must replace control arm?

I have a 95 EB and replaced one of my lower ball joints a few years ago. I bought the part at Auto Zone or Advance, can't remember which one but they will lend you the ball joint press.
  15. M

I need some help troubleshooting my blower motor problem. When I started up it worked fine and a few minutes later it just quit. I have the climate control model and no mater if I set to heat or AC it won't run. Even the rear blower doesn't come on. About 1 1/2 years ago I had the...
  16. M

How to: Ford Explorer Blower Motor Control Module - Replacement

Thanks pmaropac for the how to. I have a 95 EB & bought the RU539 at rockauto & since the plug didn't match up I took the connectors out of the old plug & put them on the correct prongs in the RU539 & used silicone to seal & keep the wires in place. Hopefully the new part will outlast the...
  17. M

ABS Modulating front brakes at low speed (fix)

I know this is an old thread but i just want to say thanks for the info. I have a 95 EB and your fix worked great and saved me a lot of cash. Thanks again
  18. M

95 EB Blower Motor runs with key off

Thanks for the link. I had a feeling I might not be the only one with this problem.
  19. M

95 EB Blower Motor runs with key off

I have a 95 Explorer EB with climate control & as of yesterday the blower motor keeps running even with the key off. I'm also unable to control the speed when its on & it sounds like it on the high speed. The only way i found to stop it was to pull the 50 amp fuse from the distribution box...
  20. M

How to manually eject the cd magazine

I want to make a correction to my instructions. You will not be able to see the little hole next to the power plug hole as the console liner covers it. I noticed it when I was reinstalling the cd player, so I drilled an access hole in the liner in case I ever have to manually eject it again. I...
  21. M

Thanks to all that post on this forum

I just want to say thanks to everyone that help others here on the forum. I recently had my right headlamp & foglamps go out on my 95 EB. I tried a new H/L bulb & that didn't fix it so I did a search here on the forum & found out it was the Lamp Out Sensor. I also found out I didn't need...
  22. M

ABS activates at low speeds?

I had the same problem on my 95 EB. The abs would kick in every time the vehicle was almost stopped. No light on the dash. It ended up being the right front abs sensor. Kind of expensive since it's part of the front bearing assy.
  23. M

How to manually eject the cd magazine

I searched all over the forum & didn't find the answer for how to manually eject the cd magazine on a 6 dick cd changer on a 1995 explorer that is in the console. After taking apart the cd player I finally figured out that there is a small hole located at the lower left corner of the power...
  24. M

95 Explorer dash lights inop

Well I finally got over there & did some more testing & found the problem was the dimmer. I removed the plug from the dimmer & put 12v to the red/black wire that feeds the cluster & the lights lit. I then took the dimmer apart & found a couple of solder connections were broke loose. After...
  25. M

95 Explorer dash lights inop

I'm going to do some testing on the dimmer switch, as soon as I get over to the inlaws where my Explorer is. The biggest problem is it's just not across the street, its abut a 25 mile drive. What lights were dimming for you?
Back