Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

belt or bearing squealing

We'll be able to tell if your belt length is ok by looking at your tensioner.
  2. P

Well, I'm a day and a half good now with no squealing. Here's something for you to check. I bought my explorer when it had appr. 1400 miles on it and so I know the belt had never been changed before the day that my wife threw it off back in April. I took the old belt to my brother-in-law at...
  3. P

Just turned over 75k and it has the 4.0 V6.
  4. P

My wife's 2004 2 wheel drive explorer has a squealing under the hood thats driving her crazy and that in turn is driving me crazy. It squeals really loud sometimes and then quits, it gets worse during acceleration and usually quits after appr. 10 min's of driving. It's loud enough that it...
  5. P

2004 explorer rear brake question?

That quote from the Ford place was for both sides. I'm probably going to do them Sunday, I hope I made the right call.
  6. P

Thanks guys for the input, I'm going to tackle that project this weekend. I wish I could've had internet when I was younger and I might not used the big hammer as much. ha ha
  7. P

My wife had our 04 explorer (2 wheel drive) at the Ford Dealer today getting a bearing changed in the rear axle, (warranty job) and they called and said the e-brake on the passenger needed replacing so I asked how much? he said no more on the labor because they were already in there replacing...
  8. P

'94 ranger Radius Arm Bushing

Hello guys, first time poster here so first off I'll say "Howdy" to everyone. Now for my problem, I need to replace the radius arm bushings on my 94 Ranger 4x4 and I need a few pointers. I checked it out this afternoon and it don't look to bad. Is the back of the Radius arm all that has...
Back