Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Gas pedal fell off!!!!!!

^indeed^ i was sittin there going "hmm i can either rig something up, and have sketchy vehicle for 3 blocks or i can pay out my ass to have someone come tow it... and i was looking everywhere for string before i finally took the one out of my shoe.... now if only i would've used a tube sock and...
  2. P

Gas pedal fell off!!!!!!

ha ha ha ha it's funny too cuz the girlfriend was with me and the whole time she was laughing her a$$ off she thought it was the funniest thing ever
  3. P

Gas pedal fell off!!!!!!

so i had been noticing recently my gas pedal had alot less distance between idle and the pedal being on the floor, well yesterday about three blocks from my house, it stopped doing anything all together, i pulled over and teh gas pedal had come off completely!!!!!!!!!!!! well i improvised and...
  4. P

Stick V8

^took the words out of my mouth^
  5. P

The gauges stopped working in my 1996 Ford Explorer.

sometimes the fuses look good but are actually bad, try replacing the fuse you think may be the culprit (SP?) with a fuse you know is good...
  6. P

How many of you kept the radiator scoop?

i say take it off carefully so you don't break it, if your motor starts to overheat afterwards, just put it back on
  7. P

The ongoing fixer-upper and mod project

Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. P

neat little Offroading switch pannel

i did one of these once.. back when i had a console... mine wasn't nearly as pretty as yours... but it worked.. just had four switches.. and they were flat rockers
  9. P

Weird Windows

^^ thank you budwich ^^
  10. P

Weird Windows

i'm saying there could be a broken component inside, leaving it to be stuck in the locked position, even though it reads being in unlocked position
  11. P

Weird Windows

even though the switch on the driver controls may say that the windows aren't locked doesn't mean theres not something wrong w/ the switch... basically even though the controls say the window's aren't locked they may still be locked...
  12. P

4x4 to 4x2 conversion.

heres what you do find someone with 4x2 who wants 4x4... then you trade with them problem solved
  13. P

i need offroad ideas

BUMPER!!!! search the "performance lighting" forum you'll find all sorts of ideas there
  14. P

Gas Milage... How to get the best?

aldive has a good thread on getting 30 highway mpg in his explorer, it was basically alot of little things here and there, and it all added up
  15. P

Possibly my favorite mod yet!

they're blue because incandescent bulbs appear orange/yellowish so the filter for the gauges is blue, when you replace them w/ true white it appears blue
  16. P

Extremely Modified First Gen Explorer Trash Truck

junk yard wars was the greatest
  17. P

Extremely Modified First Gen Explorer Trash Truck

i remember watching that episode
  18. P

300 hp 4.0 sohc

i think theres a requirement in the bet that it has to be the 4.0 SOHC
  19. P

Speaker Recommendations?

use a screwdriver and pop off the little screen infront of the speakers, then the speakers are right there, they are simple to replace
  20. P

switch illumination

yes it should at least mine does .... hell while your in there look for some of p51mustang's posts he does led mods like crazy led's will be good, they last longer
  21. P

300 hp 4.0 sohc

subscribing
  22. P

Windows work with no key in???

i know that the explorer should, according to the manual, let the windows work for 5 minutes after the vehicle is turned off, and the doors have not been open, that' how it goes..... at least according to my manual...
  23. P

Engine bay cleanup

are you plannin on replacing all the coolant, brake, gas lines w/ new shiny colorful ones? because if i was doing a project like this that's what i would do
  24. P

The rig gets some much needed TLC

do you really want a vehicle this big going ferrari fast though?
  25. P

The rig gets some much needed TLC

just read all 6 pages.....SUBSCRIBING! wish i could've subscribed sooner!!!!!!!!!
Back