Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2011 key pushbutton wont lock the doors

No. My key fob hasn't worked in quite a while. (Broke it) and we dont have keypad or power lift gate.
  2. J

2011 key pushbutton wont lock the doors

It unlocks the doors and will set off the panic mode but will not lock it, Is there a way to reprogram it? Thanks!
  3. J

2001 Sport - Driver Seat Repair / Replacement

Same here. I went to a junk yard and found a drivers side seat and was planning on taking the passenger seat frame and swapping it with the drivers seat frame that I had bought. after looking at what all was involved with that I just put the passenger seat back where it was and installed the...
  4. J

2001 Sport - Driver Seat Repair / Replacement

I think I'm going to try this over the weekend too. passenger seats take a lot less of a beating.
  5. J

2000 driver's power seat swap out

It's springs are broken, collapsed, and covering is ripped. I just want to get it replaced and was wondering how big a deal it is. figured getting the seat rebuilt would cost me more than the Ex is worth. Local junk yard is having a 1/2 price you pull it sale so I'm thinking I can do that if it...
  6. J

2000 driver's power seat swap out

Is it difficult and what year seat swaps out other than a 2000? What's a decent price too? Thanks!
  7. J

Cabin air filter

This is absolutely the way to do it! We have a 2011 XLT. Just be careful of breaking the clips that hold the filter cover on........ They break pretty easy.... But one will still hold it. And the filter was nasty dirty. First time I have changed it. and its sitting on 56,000 miles.
  8. J

Passenger door wont unlock

Yeah, that's what it was. After about 2000 lock-unlocks with the door control and door key I finally got it to open! Got biggest piece of spring out of the latch but evidently there is still a small piece in the latch. It still hangs up occasionally and cycling the lock gets it unlocked...
  9. J

If the weather ever breaks I will try several things. Cycling the locks are just not getting it done. With the key or the door control. Haven't had a remote in years...
  10. J

By power locks or with key. Knob moves up and down but not completely up on unlock. Any help would be appreciated. Cant get it open to remove the cover.
  11. J

2000 Explorer temperature gage

oops.....:( 4.0 SOHC
  12. J

2000 Explorer temperature gage

Just had my t'stat housing and temperature sensor replaced and now my gage will not move off of zero degrees. Plenty of heat. Could I have a bad sensor? The engine is actually a 2004 I think.... replaced it a year or 2 ago. Is there a difference between a 2000 sensor and the 2004 that would...
  13. J

2000 SOHC alternator replacement

I say that. "One whose head is so far up their rear end it could pass for a hat; used to describe a person who is stubborn, cruel, or otherwise unpleasant to be around." I did not appreciate the :bsnicker: after your reply.
  14. J

Everyone is not a mechanic. asshat. :wtf:
  15. J

Got it changed yesterday. Very easy job. The video I watched made it even easier and the needed tools listed saved trips back to the tool box.
  16. J

Thanks! I found a video on you tube also, seems pretty straightforward. I will take this on tomorrow.
  17. J

Just had mine tested. It failed. Now what is involved in replacing tool wise and effort wise? I could probably change it myself but if I don't have the right tools for the job I might as well pay my mechanic who does have the right tools. So could someone give me a how to or a link to a how...
  18. J

Are TSB's not covered after warranty has expired?

I was more surprised to be told "too bad" we know it's a problem with your year X but since it is out of warranty we will fix it under your ESP but it will cost you $100.00.
  19. J

Are TSB's not covered after warranty has expired?

12-1-8 DUAL AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL (DATC) - BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR INOPERATIVE Took my 2011 in for the above TSB. Dealer verified TSB applied. Then told me I would owe $100.00 deductible. (we have extended warranty) Regular warranty expired 1700 miles ago. I was under the impression if...
  20. J

My 2000 X wouldn't idle.

When I started it yesterday. It started then immediately quit. Would only start if I gave it gas and would only run if I gave it gas. I thought throttle positioning sensor. Couldn't drive it like that so I grabbed a wrench and unhooked the battery for a couple of minutes then reconnected it...
  21. J

Groaning or creaking in frontend

Not a brake noise. Mechanic that put the pads on does not get low grade parts and he has had the X back and put some shims in somewhere but that didn't fix it. I will take it back to him but I'm just seeking out ideas and opinions to see if I can pinpoint the problem for him. Thanks!
  22. J

It is rotational noise. Only does it while moving forward with brakes applied, does not do it in reverse. It is not a metallic grinding. sort of a rubber against rubber or rubber against metal.
  23. J

I have a 2000 explorer that has developed a groaning or creaking noise in the frontend but only when the brakes are applied and the strange part is if I put it in reverse and apply the brakes it doesn't make the noise! It is a speed noise. The slower I go the slower the noise. Any ideas? I...
  24. J

Radio lights and climate control lights flashing

Trying to figure this out. 2000 Explorer, It's not a constant flash and it seems to only do it when idling. Not when moving. There is no pattern to them, they just flash. Any ideas? Is it trying to tell me something? Thanks!
Back