Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

lift-a-'98

you dont need to get warrior shackles just go to autozone and get a set of there universal lift shackles there ony about $20 for a set and have different lift heights
  2. S

99 v8 swap

wanting to go 289 or 302 carb swap what is the best trans to use in an awd x
  3. S

lift needed for 31x10.50's

But my rear is allready 3 " lower that the front
  4. S

I am concidering doing a spring over on the rearthat should give me the extra lift i need to level it out without shackles
  5. S

Rough Idle and Engine Surge Under Load

i had the same problem with mine i ended up having two cracked plugs (the porcelin)
  6. S

Mach 1 wrecks....OUCH!!

I got a buddy here local that just rolled his comp orange mach
  7. S

I took a tape measure and checked my wheel well height front to back my rear is about 2" lower should I get an add a leaf or make some blocks for the rear to level it out
  8. S

Thanks for all the help i think this is how i will go for now
  9. S

I don't want to have to do any trimming if i don't have to
  10. S

will 15x 8's fit as well
  11. S

I was wanting to know if just a tt and shackles will be enough to get 31's under my 99 ex
  12. S

Can't find

Thanks for the help
  13. S

Can't find

Does anyone know where I can get or order a set of leaf spring bushings for a 99 ex all the local parts stores can't get them
  14. S

Can I use ______ to temporarily fix the rear main oil leak?

I have never heard of anyone useing jb on a seal imm not sure if it will work because it is a metal base and the seal needs to be able to flex with temp changes
  15. S

I got hit. Have some questions.

They will probly write it off but i would talk to the insurance company and work out a way to buy it back and take less cash then fix it myself or find someone to fix it for what you get from the insurance co.
  16. S

Death shake!

sounds like you might have knoted a tire causein the balance to go out
  17. S

Missfire code and constant mis

I changed the gasket set and cleaned the mass air sensor now the egr is throwing a code gotta clean it now thanks for the help
  18. S

Check Engine Light On

I have the same problem i changed all the normal stuff plugs wires injectors ect. the last thing i done was changed the lower intake gasket set it seems to be better now but my egr is throwing a code i'm gonna clean it out next or change it.
  19. S

turbo 4.0 ohv

I have a buddy that is upgradeing the turbo on his grand national we have talked about putting his old one on my truck even putting one in the engine bay shouldnt be too bad if you know how to weld and fab up all your piping
  20. S

I have had the upper intake off and changed the gaskets in it when i changed the injectors ill try the lower and see if that cures it.
  21. S

Thats wht i was thinking it is very annoying.
  22. S

The code if #4 cylinder the plugs looked fine no oil on them just wore out. I have a guy that is going to check it for a vacum leak. The funny thing is sometimes it doesnt do it.
  23. S

I have a missfire code and constant mis on my 99 xls ohv 4.0 i have changed all of the normal suspects plugs, wires, coil pack, fuel pump, filter, and injectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back