Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. ghosttrain2

1987 Ford Bronco Dana 35 Swap

Love the 4.0 and 5 speed in mine! Thinking of the axle swap, as I still have the Explorer that gave up it's engine.
  2. ghosttrain2

Second Gen. Jurassic Park Ex in Kansas boneyard

Spotted this in a you tube video in a junkyard in Hutchinson, KS. Did this belong to anyone on here?
  3. ghosttrain2

Ghosttrain2's '86 Bronco 2

Contemplating installing the axles from the Explorer that donated it's engine for this project. Looking into Aussie lockers for the front and rear.
  4. ghosttrain2

For Sale 1994 Explorer Limited

I am selling my '94 Limited, approx. 107,000 miles, PS,PB,A/C, sunroof , the leather interior is still in decent shape, NO RUST, Original paint, but faded, has highway tires, price is OBO, 1500.00. email dkkaralus@hotmail, with Explorer in title. Pictures found here- 1994 Explorer Limited- yes...
  5. ghosttrain2

For Sale 1986 Bronco 2

1986 Bronco 2, with a 4.0, 5 speed, and transfer case from an Explorer. Manual hubs, new rear driveline, recent tires, Pioneer AM-FM-Sirius ready radio, Cold A/C, all hoses replaced- coolant, A/C, and power steering. I have more pictures in the thread on this. Clear Nevada title. Price is OBO...
  6. ghosttrain2

The Black Hole

OMG Greg, Hope you recover quickly!
  7. ghosttrain2

1994 Explorer Limited- yes I bought another one...

This Limited is rust free, but has faded paint/clear coat. The Parts Explorer I have is also rust free.
  8. ghosttrain2

The last set I bought I had to have shipped.
  9. ghosttrain2

No, have not advertised it yet.
  10. ghosttrain2

Ghosttrain2's 1994 Explorer Rebuild - First Gen SOHC +

As an update to this, my son still has this, he moved to Alaska, and brought it up there. It is still running and performing well.
  11. ghosttrain2

Well, here we are a few years later, this now has 107,000 miles on it, and will be making it's way to my home in Oregon. Decided to sell my Bronco 2, as I desperately need to reduce down the fleet. I will be planning some mechanical upgrades, especially the brakes. Need to find the front brake...
  12. ghosttrain2

Fuel tank replacement with Gen2

I installed a tank and mounts from a 1997 Explorer into the 1994 Explorer I had. Here is a picture of it with the body off of the frame.
  13. ghosttrain2

For Sale 1994 Explorer Limited $1600.00 OBO

107,400 miles, clean, tires good, came equipped with Auto mirror Dim, Auto headlamps, Compass, Outside Temp.,Heated Outside Mirrors, crank open sunroof, and Power Seat with Memory for 2 drivers. Has a Pioneer AM/FM CD, MP3 player installed. The Cruise Control does work, The A/C also works when...
  14. ghosttrain2

Cab swap 2nd gen to 1st gen frame

Are you going to use an OHC, or SOHC 4.0? The SOHC will fit, as will a 5R55E transmission, but all of the associated wiring will need to be transferred. I believe the body will bolt to the first Gen frame. Here is one of the threads on it...
  15. ghosttrain2

Buying ECM's off eBay

I've had good luck so far, and bought a '94 manual one for the 4.0 conversion in my Bronco 2. The ECM number you need to find will be either a F47Z-12A650-KB, or F47F-12A650-KB. Those are for federal emissions, 4.0 5 speed. I look for some of the wrecking yards that sell on EBAY, at least they...
  16. ghosttrain2

motorcraft 2150A port - 84 BII

Temperature Compensated Pump, originally had a vacuum hose with a blue stripe that went to a solenoid like this- as to where the rest go, there should have been a decal under the hood with the vacuum hose routing.
  17. ghosttrain2

Thanks for allowing me to join. Hoping to learn about wiring needs for 96 4.0 engine swap into 87 BII

An OBD 1 would have been easier, but I swapped a 4.0 SOHC and 5R55E into a '94 Explorer. You will need the harness, ECM, and under hood fuse box. I used the Ford EVTM (wiring diagram) books for both the '94, and in my case, '97 Explorers. I found them on Ebay. I recently replaced the 2.9 and...
  18. ghosttrain2

For all you M5OD swappers. . .

I sort of did this in my Bronco 2, installed a 1994 4.0 from an Explorer parts rig I have, that had a bad A4LD, bought a M5OD, and converted it. I used a ECM from a 1994 Explorer with a M5OD, Part #s F47F-12A650-KB or F47Z-12A650-KB, with Federal emissions. If you need a CA emission one, look...
  19. ghosttrain2

First Gen Explorer Roof Rack?

Local Pick N Pull
  20. ghosttrain2

wrecked my '92 off-road rig's body, need some technical help

I have a body in Winnemucca, if you need anything. It's a '94, it donated the engine, and harness to my Bronco2.
  21. ghosttrain2

4.0 swap Simplify harness

A/C is charged and working, Cruise control adjusted and working, all the '86 gauges and tachometer working just fine with the 4.0. Love it!
  22. ghosttrain2

4.0 swap Simplify harness

finished a 4.0 swap in my '86 Bronco 2, used a '94 donor, and converted from an A4ld in the Bronco, to a 5 speed. I also have the wiring books for both, the '86 one was about useless. Too many wire colors that didn't match the book. Having been a dealer mechanic when these were new, made this...
  23. ghosttrain2

I have been taking this on short trips, had a check engine light that finally became more than intermittent. It was the DPFE sensor for the EGR. Found out that these were upgraded by Ford, so now it has the new style one, and no more Check engine light. Still can't believe how much better this...
  24. ghosttrain2

Absolutely!!
  25. ghosttrain2

Finally got the exhaust done, dropped down off of the jack stands, and put the hood on, and took it out for a short drive. The extra power is great! The transmission shifts smooth, Still waiting for the shift boots for the transmission and transfercase.
Back