Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Best 4.0L Clutch?

just a general question who sells upgraded clutches for these trucks because i keep shattering my clutch disk with y agressive driving
  2. 1

my diy 4.0 ohv turbo build

hola well just got the truck put back together new performance clutch i got a new lower intake mine was crap. new permadry gasket also redid the valve covers the gaskets were leaking like a b*tch. you ever get your truck on the dyno. more bad news is i snapped the output shaft in half on my...
  3. 1

actually i emailed them they support the eec1v system inthe explorer all the way back to 92 it depends on the ecu u have i believe i have the ecu marked any1 email from tech there Ok, it is 1992 where our Exploder support begins. The definitions are the absolute minimum that you need to...
  4. 1

looks good so far man hey i might have a solution other then megasquirt to help you tune the beasty http://www.tweecer.com/ full reprogrammer for the eec1V system compatable for the 92 up explorer 4.0 ohv u got a spare flange laying around?
  5. 1

got a quick question are the ecus in the 93s the same as the 94s cus i just found a complete tuning system for the eec1v system online. if i dont sell the truck that is
  6. 1

found the solution to using low impedence injectors on our trucks http://www.acceleronics.com/versafueler.htm seems like a good idea
  7. 1

yeah i actually had the idea on that i found a universal fpr on ebay. i intend to tap the stock hole for a npt and screw the adjustable fpr onto it for better tuning that way i know atleast i can adjust up the pressure on the stockers or when i put some massive ones in i can tune down the...
  8. 1

so basically anything with equal to or higher impedance then the explorer will work for injectors correct. cus i have the red tops in now. cusif so i believe the injectors off the s/c buick 3.8s are 15 ohm rating. yeah i can always get em if they are the 3rd gen just have to cut the plugs. what...
  9. 1

didnt you upgrade your injectors if so where did you get them. from what i understand you can use higher impedence injectors then stock but not lower. it looks like the injectors off the gm 3.8 supercharged and the injectors off the 3.0 ford turbo aparently have no clue what that came in will...
  10. 1

injectors got a question i relise our injectors are like 14.6 ohms or something i have a set of 35lb injectors id like to throw on mine for the turbo setup. problem is they are only 2.4 ohms. how would i go about installing them or where can i get injectors with the high imedence like is on my...
  11. 1

heads neone got a spare drivers side head for a 93 lol mines cracked. also have to drill out the exhaust bolts yay. drilling em out and tapping em for 3/8. any new progress onthe turbo build
  12. 1

hg i now know the trouble it is to fix ahead gasket on the 4.0. it has to be the most retarded head gasket i've ever done. i had the typical problem. my lower intake gasket leaked. apparently whoever did them before me never re-torqued them. so i figured id just do the entire head gasket setup...
  13. 1

ahhh came across a first gen explorer in the jy might have been second gen but it had the ohv 4.0 and luckily i already relocated my battery so i yanked the k&n cold air intake and maf sensor assembly. fixed my idle problem still studders a tad bit under normal driving but screw it. next im...
  14. 1

o i didnt relise u were only running the 21 lbs injectors ive got the red tops in mine what do they run at. also where is the knock sensor on the truck. also i figured after i boost this thing i might just run a boost actuated sensor to disconnect the link and drop it 3 degrees under 1 psi. also...
  15. 1

wow 12 to 1 is alot. so far ive got anything over 5 psi knocks. also im going to switch over to the 4.0 ohc maf sensor i found out y my truck is running rough with the ohv maf sensor in the ohc housing i got looking at the sensors and the wires on the ohv that run between the 4 prongs on the...
  16. 1

yeah for right now imatleast goingto get a short band one. oh yeah what should my truck run at wot like how many lights on a short band
  17. 1

how far can you take the boost up without pinging. also i recently installed mymaf sensor into the larger 4.0 ohc housing now it seems likeat idle im idling at like 700 rpms when i was oiginally idling at like 450 also under driving normal i get studder wot i get mad power tho. and lately my...
  18. 1

yeah i found the diagram for the spout its number 3 pin on the plug i was wondering if maybe i could just put a resistor inline with the wire or maybe a diode or potentiometer that way i can adjust it but also how bad does yours ping at 15 if its not too bad then ill just do the octane adjust...
  19. 1

ok where is the spout connector and octane adjust plug yeah im guessing we run what 22 timing so jumping to 10 would be bad if it was a 4 banger shure. dunno can always try it only thing it would do is rich out like mad. also got a question i did the 3 inch pvc intake and swapped my maf sensor...
  20. 1

what is the timing on the 4.0 cus id like to retard mine if possible when turboing it. yeah i saw the stroker kits but no point in doing that if im going to turbo charge the 4.0 whats the safest amount of boost you can run with no detonation. also im intending to run 3 step colder plugs. also...
  21. 1

cylinder heads are those aftermarket cylinderheads or beafier stock ones. and i have a 93 wich i heard something about having the better flowing of heads for the 1st gens. also yeah man if you blew that much of the headgasket and stuff those pistons got to be atleast standard cast pistons. i...
  22. 1

quick question what parts on the 4.0s bottom end are forged. guessing rods and crank. also where can i get some forged pistons for this thing and strong wrist pins hell even just stronger wrist pins would be nice. also who sells heads for these things and where would be a good place to decent...
  23. 1

Going twin turbo. 4.0 ohv

see if you can find a 87 300zx or luck out and find a turbo tbird lol. both have 60 trim compresors. the 300zx has the .63a/r exhaust housing tho. also the 300zx will allow you a 3 inch downpipe straight from the turbo with nothing more then a new flange
  24. 1

ok this is completely out of this topic but wtf is the black box inside the drivers side rear fenderwell in the removable panel. i thought it was the amp then later found the amp in passenger side. anyone have any clue? also my injectors have red tops wow so im guessing all i need now is to drop...
  25. 1

yeah i know depends on air charge and so on and so forth heat expansion all that good stuff. mine will be a pretty basic setup standard to3 like ur using plus clipped wheel manual boost controller 2.5 exhaust straight pipe. fm intercooler maybe methonol injection later. i was actually thinking...
Back