Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

For those of you looking for yard parts this site is extremely helpful: www.car-part.com Hope that helps!
  2. D

No Keys

Thanks all, good information. Will let you know how it all turns out.
  3. D

No Keys

Hi all, I've been browsing/searching around here and haven't found anything that fits my situation. Essentially I've lost the keys to my 99 mountaineer. I've called 7 locksmiths and all said the same thing, take it to the dealer. I've called the local ford place, they say they dont keep any...
  4. D

suspension questions, PLEASE HELP!!!!

oops, I have 5000s not 9000s.. sorry about that LOL they work good for me
  5. D

well guy, I took the easy way out. I had Midas do both the AAL and shackles, with an alignment it was $225. I needed an alignment before going out of town for work.. and I didn't have enough time to jack around with it. There are a lot of threads here with photos so you can judge for yourself.
  6. D

here is a link for decent price on shocks: http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/RanchoShocks.asp?GTSE=goog&GTKW=rancho+shocks&gclid=CIrBl_C9qqMCFRMeDQodL1er3Q here is a link for the AALs http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-13120/ If your going to do a AAL - keep in mind you...
  7. D

I went with standard - no issues at all
  8. D

I have a 99 mounty with 5.0. I went with Pro Comp AALs and Warrior Shackles after putting in Rancho 9000s. My rear was sagging a bit, and after the lifting the butt end all I needed was about 1/2" TT on the front to level it out.
  9. D

99 Mounty Bumper question

I have a 99 Mounty and am looking at replacing the front bumper with something other than tupperware. I was wondering if earlier model ranger bumpers will fit or if the mounting is different??? I dont want chrome and I'm looking for something a little more sturdy and easy to modify and isnt...
  10. D

Rear Ended

Try car-part.com there you'll be able to find what ya need!
  11. D

Multiple issues

Everything fixed replaced the multi-switch, misters now work without issue... I got the place I bought the truck from sprung for the multi switch. Turns out the fogs had a bad switch too all paid for by the dealer!
  12. D

Multiple issues

zonianbrat - Yeah, multi-switch is just a fancy name for the blinker bar as far as I'm concerned. Dan - yeah, I checked the bulbs on the fogs, they are good. Going to spend a little more time tonight after I get the kids to bed. Hard to get things done with a 3 year old running the house!
  13. D

Multiple issues

Rear Wiper working Well I got the rear wiper working. Apparently the motor was just stuck. I turned the key on, turned the switch on and went to the back and just "jacked" on it with some pressure to see if I could get movement, then it just started working. I'm guessing it hadn't been used in...
  14. D

Multiple issues

Thanks! Thanks for the insight! I will let you all know what I find out. Probably wont be this weekend, but the following i'll get some time to tear into this
  15. D

Multiple issues

I just purchased a 99 Mountaineer V8 AWD fairly reasonable, but there are a few issues I need help diagnosing. 1st: The rear wiper does not turn, but the mist works and does a nice job spittering down the gate to my rear bumper. I checked fuses, although I dont have anyway to check the...
Back