Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

"Universal" OE style muffler anyone?

Nah i lovthe way my delta 40 sounds, but i recently moved away from home and do a lot of traveling now and my flowmaster is just loud enough to be annoying when im talking on the phone or driving for more than a few hours... So i figured id quiet down my muffler but put a cutout in in case i...
  2. A

Ugh....*smacks forehead*... I knew there was an easier way to say what i was looking for lol, the very knowledge of the existence of the "turbo" style muffler eluded me while i was making that last post.
  3. A

Hey guys i know this is totally random... does anyone have any idea if there's an exhaust company that sells OE style 'non performance' mufflers in universal sizes and I/O formats? i've been searching for a while and have stumbled across Walker Exhaust systems but everything they sell online...
  4. A

Cassette deck not loading?

Ok??? After pulling my radio out of the dash and poking around a bit i still had no luck with the cassette deck loading... Even after hooking it back up and putting it back in the dash it would not load my tape adapter BUT after 2 or 3 more tries i semi-violently jammed the adapter into my...
  5. A

Also, lol - in this day and age the only thing a cassette tape deck is good for is using a tape adapter for an mp3/aux input
  6. A

I like this idea... Thats one reason i was using a tape adapter because i liked the idea of a (pseudo) hardline running from ipod to stereo. Ive had mediocre results with FM transmitters in the past, so ive always stuck with the trusty tape adapter... If i can find a cd changer adapter though...
  7. A

Hello! Been a while since my last post but i'm looking for some help! The cassette tape deck in my 2000 explorer sport with premium (not mach) sound system refuses to load tapes as of today. I have been using a Philips tape adapter with my truck for years to play my ipod but today when i...
  8. A

Possible Sport V8s?

:notworthy aaaawesome info, hope i can afford to drop a 5.0 in my 2000 sport sometime in the next year or two. for now i'm trying to be an information pack rat so i know everything possible about the details of the swap
  9. A

My 2002 Explorer xlt shakes.

i've had my intake off a few times since i got my truck, but never replaced the gasket, probably wouldnt be a bad idea :D i was just thinking about it today
  10. A

vacuum leaks are more apparent at lower rpm so that would still be my first guess, but i still wouldnt rule out the spark plug gap or a loose plug wire.
  11. A

first guess would be you got the firing order wrong - second guess would be you popped a vacuum line loose somewhere. rough idle/dying could be caused by either one, but if it runs smooth while cruising/accelerating then i would guess it's a vacuum line.
  12. A

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

my muffler is just clamped in, so i might be able to unclamp it and put a piece of pipe in it's place, that way, i still have a full taipipe and hopefully keep my exhaust velocity up, as well reducing noise a little bit compared to a dump
  13. A

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

sounds really good dude, sounds more like a race exhaust with no muffler like that! but it doesnt sound trashy and crackly and poppy. now i'm thinking about taking my muffler off just to see what mine sounds like! :D
  14. A

And they say Nj drivers are crazy...

lol, i was gonna say prius but i decided to put "compact" cars in general
  15. A

And they say Nj drivers are crazy...

idk, but some guy in a small coupe rear ended my mother's '98 XLT years ago at roughly 25-30mph (as he was skidding from about 40 or 50mph) and it completely demolished his car - all we needed was a new bumper/brackets and a small dent (less than 2" wide) repaired on the rear hatch. you always...
  16. A

Truck won't Start

..... hmmm, i'm not too sure what to make of that.... i think the "HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity" means there's a problem with the Heated O2 Sensor Circuit. could be the sensor itself or a problem in the wiring. "P0765 - Shift solenoid D Malfunction" sounds like transmission.... i'm...
  17. A

Truck won't Start

1st double check all your work. then you may have to reset the OBD-II codes. if you tried to start it the first time and threw a bunch of codes, then the ECM will hold those codes until you clear them. do this by clearing them with the code reader, or unhooking the negative (-) cable from the...
  18. A

clicking noise at idle

pop the hood and listen towards to the front of the engine... check the parts running off of the fan belt first... they would be the easiest to diagnose. the tensioner pulley for my 2000 Sport SOHC fan belt squeaks on cold start pretty regularly. also, if it's just a very quiet mild ticking...
  19. A

Hi

'99 and '00 share a lot of parts
  20. A

Comment by 'aklmfreak' in media 'Apr2720062233'

you should see how fast it goes when it's actually IN GEAR!
  21. A

no start, no codes

the 97 SOHC ran fine but maybe the timing chain tensioners were already shot, so when you were turning it forwards and backwards to hook up the flywheel it jumped out of time....??? and then cranking it bent some valves? That's about the only thing i can think of right now..... if the...
  22. A

What's needed to swap in a tow package?

KobeJ05's right, look up under your bumper and see if there's a round plug directly under the driver's side tail light. it may have a red cap in it to keep dirt out of it. then just buy the pigtail for your truck at Advance Auto/Auto Zone/NAPA/Oreilly etc. but don't go looking for it at a...
  23. A

Miles, Timing Chail, SOHC

my family had a 98 XLT that had to have both timing chains fixed at around 100K.... at the time it was a big ordeal, but we didnt have one more bit of trouble out of it afterwards and it's sitting at ~250K miles now.... i've got a '00 Sport that i bought with about 70K miles on it, and i've...
  24. A

WELCOME TO THE SITE! there's some good exhaust threads on here for V6 or V8!
  25. A

Hello - New member

welcome!
Back