Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Sirius XM Install

Yes, Ford had a kit to put it into the factory radio. However it was very expensive and now hard to find. Much easier and cheaper today to replace the headunit with one that has newer features such as Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay and add Sirius that way. Built right into the radio.
  2. C

2006 Explorer Stereo replacement

Replacing a factory nav unit on a 2006 Explorer with the audiophile sub and amp. Used a Metro 70-5521 harness. Noticed now that there is full range audio coming through the sub. The original factory nav unit does not do this. Anybody run into this or have info on how the amp works with...
  3. C

2007 EXPLORER HARD STARTING

any update?
  4. C

2007 EXPLORER HARD STARTING

more than likely you need a new battery
  5. C

2006 Explorer Limited Question

If I recall properly, there was some that had issues with that button, but its is only serviced in a whole shifter assembly from Ford.
  6. C

Replacing OEM Nav unit - need all input possible.

I hate those Coastal lock picks. They don't ever last a long time. I have removed so many from customers cars, not worth fixing. Also since you have an 06, you would gain Bluetooth!
  7. C

Maestro is only sold through an authorized installer. That its the interface piece that will retain your controls etc in the car. I am an authorized dealer in Rockland for it.
  8. C

It also makes a difference of the back up camera you are using. You need a nicer quality one, no cheap ones.
  9. C

The newest Kenwood that is coming out is the DNX573S. Backup camera is good quality to me. I install Kenwood Navs all the time at the Ford dealers and others and no one ever complains, in fact they love that unit with the Garmin GPS built into it. Easy to use.
  10. C

Look into the new Kenwood units. They have Apple Car play, they will be available shortly. You can add pretty much whatever you want to them, Sirius, backup camera, steering wheel controls etc. I do work for local Ford dealers in the area, most people have a positive response to the Kenwood...
  11. C

2006 remote start

sound like you have the factory remote. you can try lock-lock-lock or lock-unlock-lock
  12. C

Explorer aux addition

On your 2006 explorer, you would need to buy an adapter to add Aux to the radio. Costs 100-150. I would recommend to change out the radio with a nice aftermarket 2DIN unit. I install Kenwood radios all the time, great units. You would gain Bluetooth, AUX, USB, could add Sirius and is relatively...
  13. C

Air Vents

Does anybody know if The driver and passenger air vents are replaceable on a 2006? I like the ones that come with the 04-up F150. They can twist and redirect the air much better than the factory explorer ones.
  14. C

2008 Mounty Premier (V8)

The antenna on the roof is the sirius antenna. I believe 08 Nav has the GPS antenna inside behind the radio.
  15. C

2008 Mounty Premier (V8)

08- it might have sync. Earlier ones did not later did. if not- add a parrot kit. Sirius- the tuner is in the passenger kick panel- silver rectangle box. disconnect the square power plug for 5 minutes and plug it back in. It may come back on. If not you need a new tuner module. Might find...
  16. C

Remote Question

no the ford one button is just that. you need the ford remote for the door locks. have to carry two remotes. if you want one, you need to buy a new system that has everything on one remote.
  17. C

Remote Question

I am a dealer and installer for Compustar. Highly recommended over Viper. Where are you located? Compustar has a lot of remote options, from basic to two way, to Mile range remotes! http://www.compustar.com/remote-starters.php My company is a PRO dealer, but not all Compustar dealers...
  18. C

Need new tires

yes. Outside New York City
  19. C

Need new tires

Needing new tires again on 2006 Explorer EB. 245-65-17. Looking at the Goodyear Fortera which I have now- they are ok, but I always like Michelin or Michelin Latitude Tour or Michelin Latitude Tour HP What do you think is better to get? I have seen the new explorers using...
  20. C

2006 V6 Engine banging

The dealership changes the oil 5w30. Lately it has not been doing it. Although it has not been as cold, we will see what time brings.
  21. C

2006 V6 Engine banging

2006 V6 Eddie Bauer 40K miles. Getting a loud banging noise when starting the explorer when its cold outside. When it is warm- above 30 degrees F, it doesn't seem to do it. Could this be related to timing chain? tensioners? guides?
  22. C

No crank condition

do you have an alarm or remote start installed? maybe a guess is something shorted out.
  23. C

airbag light stays on sometimes

it is your battery. It will still start fine but the voltage changes and drops make the electronics do funny things. Go get a new one and it will go away. easy fix.
  24. C

airbag light stays on sometimes

Id be willing to bet its your battery. Is it the original? Replace it. Problem will go away.
Back