Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

projector halo fog lights??

My driver side fog got busted by something and I want to replace it. I love the look of the projector angel eye halo whatever they are called lights. Ive been searching and a lot of the "how to" posts are older on this and no pictures :/ So any suggestions on which ones to get and anyone...
  2. V

Great... now what?

When I put my 265/75/16s on, I bought new 16" wheels from 4 wheel parts, stock wheels were 17s. The only time I have any rubbing is when I have it turned fully and then it only rubs on the plastic shields under there. One of these days I'll cut them down some.
  3. V

V6 vs V8

I have 265/75/16s on my stock V6 and I fully agree with the lugging on the highway. And when I hit a hill with it set on cruise, it will drop quite a few mphs before it drops a gear to stay where its set. Im wishing more and more I had a V8 lol though I have 124,000 on my 05 and no major issues...
  4. V

cleaning TB-- how often??

I replaced the PCV last summer actually, but did not think about cleaning the TB when I did it. So I am sure that contributed.
  5. V

cleaning TB-- how often??

I was having some issues, rough start on occasion, rough idle, hesitation when driving. I came here and did a search for those and saw lots of threads on pulling the TB and cleaning it, along with the MAF sensor. I just replaced the fuel filter in August, so I was pretty sure it couldn't be...
  6. V

ABS control module failed? Or could it be something else?

Im going to call around, because according to the dealer I went to, they tried that and it would not work. But after they gave me their list of things they think it needs, like intake manifold gaskets and just saying the module was dead, I don't really think I believe them lol
  7. V

Yep, all tires match. They are due for rotation, but that's it. Same codes, the C1991 and C1998 which just say calibration failed. It's frustrating to not have anything definitive pop up. I was told that if I put a different module, I have to take it to the dealer to have it programmed to my...
  8. V

Engine Block Heater.

Can anyone show a picture of where you would install a block plug heater? I am in need to adding one now that we are in North Dakota. Going to be calling the dealer soon to see if they have any in stock. Thanks!
  9. V

I tried clearing the codes with the Car Gauge Pro app and it said they cleared, but came back. It snowed last night, so I tested my brakes this morning taking kids to school and it seems like the ABS are working.. my brake pedal does that chattering thing when the car tries to slide during a...
  10. V

How to Permanently Make Your Headlights Clear!!!

So, this would be a good thing to do when you get new headlights to keep them looking new?? Great video!
  11. V

Codes: C1991 Module Calibration Failure and C1998 which according to this: http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/staying-on-track/ is saying its showing because it was not calibrated.. So if it failed to calibrate, does that mean its needs replaced? And if it needs replaced, anyone have one? Or...
  12. V

I just downloaded forscan yesterday and have a ELM327 adapter on the way with a bluetooth adapter for my laptop. So I will get it scanned asap and come back with the codes. I will also check all the fuses for the 4x4 system, I checked the ABS ones since they were saying that, though I wondered...
  13. V

The New BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2.

Those are awesome! I know what I'll be putting on next when my current BFG ATs wear out :D
  14. V

Major Discovery for OBD-II Scans!!!!

Thanks for this post! I am going to try this out to see if I can diagnose my current issue. Do you know if this will work on a 97 f250 powerstroke? We have a flashing OD light on it.
  15. V

That is what we thought the minute they said what they said. I was lectured by 2 different guys in there on the tire size. When I asked why it just now happened, they shrugged it off and said it should have happened sooner. I really felt like they were annoyed with the 2 mods Ive done to it and...
  16. V

I recently posted this thread in the 2002-2005 explorer section and wondering if I should have posted it here. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415368 Basically. I have a 05 explorer. 4.0 SOHC. About a month ago, we were moving. About 5 1/2 hours into the drive, I was...
  17. V

Abs module?! please read :)

No one has any other ideas? Should I post this in a different area? Any tests I can do myself to see if the abs module is or is not working? The abs light is not on, just the advance trac one. How big of a deal is it if it IS the module being bad? Has anyone else dealt with this due to putting...
  18. V

What kind of motor oil do you use?

I used pennzoil platinum this last time.
  19. V

No, all 4 tires are the same. Ive had them for almost 2 years now and they checked them. I am past due on rotation but that is it. He was fairly vague on what I could look up online and what it could delete, so nothing in writing on that. I have this crazy long list that equals out to about...
  20. V

They also said something about something I can get to "delete" things so the tire size wouldn't matter but were not very specific and said I would just need to do a google search. I was feeling very frustrated by the end of the appointment, especially since I was told it should only take an hour...
  21. V

According to ford, my advance Trac light is on due to failure to communicate with the abs module. He said he flashed everything and it didn't fix it. Looking at $1600 to fix unless I can find a used one they can put in... basically said it was probably because of the tires I have on it. So...
  22. V

SCT X3 Arrived.

I have the 4.0 and got my tuner yesterday. Once I get my tunes for it, I will let you know if I notice anything different :)
  23. V

Rear Monroe Quick Struts Very Bouncy????

Where does it say? I replaced mine with the monroe quick struts and I am very happy with the ride quality. It was definitely improved over my worn out ones. I hauled around 600 lbs of pork, 3 kids and 100 lbs of chicken feed with no issues at all. I got all 4 off amazon. Sucks you have had issues :(
  24. V

"Check Advanc Trac"

I had read about this but was thinking it was not my issue, because mine did it while I was driving. We had been driving about 5 1/2 hours and I was pulling into a gas station when it came on. Is this something you can buy and fix yourself? I am hoping mine is something I won't need to go to...
  25. V

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

Its a PITA isnt it? It took me probably an hour of cursing at it to finally get it. You have to push the connector back towards the filter as far as possible. THEN slide the tool in and while keeping pressure on the tool, slide the connector off.. I used a big wrench behind the tool to help keep...
Back