Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Strange Test from message center

Great thread! My '05 EB displayed "test" in the message center this morning. Interestingly, I discovered that one of my kids left a door open overnight. Even though the auto-shutoff prevented the battery going dead, it was still a little sluggish starting. Subsequent starts today have been fine...
  2. U

What does fuse # 7 control?

On mine, fuse #7 controls the power point on the rear of the center console for the second-row passengers.
  3. U

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

Great post and photos! I'll be checking my wires when I change the oil next weekend.
  4. U

Creeking in Steering

I spray a little WD-40 bit on my creaky sway bar bushings, too. Shuts them up for a few months and then I spray them again!
  5. U

My list of Explorer - "How to" videos

Thanks for the great vids!
  6. U

Problem after oil change....

I've done it, too. My oil change ritual now includes visually inspecting the oil filter mounting surface on the engine and wiping it clean. Once bitten.... ;)
  7. U

2000 Explorer wont idle when cold.

I just did this operation on my 2000 Explorer with 60K miles, with the same successful results. And thanks for the pics!
  8. U

Odd misfire ?

My 2000 Explorer is doing the same thing. It starts out running rough after being parked overnight but clears up after 5-10 seconds. Eventually, it gets rougher for longer periods of time until it's running so bad the Check Engine light comes on. Scanner said it was a #4 misfire. I changed all...
  9. U

Center console arm rest

That was me. Thanks to the steel repair kit, the armrest is solid even without those screws. -Craig
  10. U

Center console arm rest

Here's where I got my kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-EXPLORER-Mountaineer-CONSOLE-ARM-REST-Repair-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33695QQihZ021QQitemZ310074847872QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
  11. U

Slipping a/c clutch on '00 Explorer

When I turn on the a/c on my 2000 Ford Explorer, the clutch on the compressor will slip 2-3 times for about a second each time, creating a groaning noise that sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars. After that, the clutch seems to lock up and the slipping stops. The pressures are 40 low and 220...
  12. U

Center console arm rest

The block of wood bit won't work with consoles that have the nylon bag beneath the armrest (like mine). The armrest just hangs out there, sort of like a diving board. If you have the full console, the block of wood might be good just to get a more solid feel.
  13. U

Center console arm rest

Thanks for the link!
  14. U

Center console arm rest

Yes, mine did break. And you are correct, the block of wood trick wouldn't work because there is nothing on my console to support the front. A poor design and very easy to break. Apparently, the previous owner leaned too hard on it and broke it. See my photos above for the damage. -Craig
  15. U

Center console arm rest

It's the factory console bag. There's a velcro strap on the bag that loops through the black button.
  16. U

Does anyone know how to read ABS codes without a tool?

My ABS light came on yesterday while out running errands with the family. I did a search of the forum last night and found this thread. Thanks to the suggestions here, I replaced the rear ABS sensor and out went the light! Thanks for this thread and thanks for this forum!
  17. U

Center console arm rest

I used the same kit alohamonte used and it's great. I didn't have to use the hacksaw and cursing technique, though. You'll see that one end of the hinge pin is plastic while the other is metal. Remove the plastic end (I pried it off with a screwdriver) and push the hinge pin out from that end...
  18. U

tires.....

I'm looking for new tires as well. Which model Wranglers do you have? What don't you like about them? -Craig
  19. U

is $6500 too much for this truck?

Good score and even cheaper than you anticipated! :thumbsup:
  20. U

Center console arm rest

I have a '00 Explorer XLS with a broken armrest above the little black totebag. Will this repair piece work for that? -Craig
Back