Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

What do you use to clean your interior?

I have a 2007 EB with Camel leather seats and they started to look dirty after after a few years. I tried several different leather cleaners and conditioners, but most of them were useless. About a year ago, I ran across Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and it made them look like new...
  2. A

Highest mileage on 06 and up Explorers (over 100K miles)

2007 Eddie Bauer 2WD V6- 132k miles I have a 2007 Explorer EB 2WD V6 with 132k miles on it. Problems- Radiator- replaced at 68k miles (only 18 months old at the time!) A/C compressor failed @ 92k miles - repair cost $1500+ A/C compressor failed again at 121k miles, but was covered by...
  3. A

'07 Explorer 2WD 4.0L - tranny slipping (5R55S)!

The transmission started slipping in my '07 Eddie Bauer earlier today (4.0L, 2WD). I was driving at about 60mph on a 2-lane highway where it the road is perfectly flat for almost a mile followed by a steep grade for 1/4-mile or so. The transmission was in O/D (5th gear) as I started up the grade...
  4. A

DELETED- MOVED to Transmission category! Sorry!

DELETED and reposted to appropriate category, sorry!
  5. A

'07 EB- AC compressor locked up!!! What the???

I'm still somewhere between dazed, confused and MAD AS HELL over this... Last week, I was driving on the interstate at about 75mph and suddenly I felt something weird happening. I heard a very faint, distant sound from under the hood. It sounded and felt like the pinging caused by poor...
  6. A

Rear Cargo Security Shade

Tell us about your new-to-you '08 Eddie Bauer! Congrats on the new-to-you '08 Eddie Bauer! Is is 2WD or 4WD, V6 or V8 and what color did you choose? You mentioned that it has the 3rd Row- manual or power folding? Any other options or details you'd like to share? I'm not trying to be...
  7. A

Ford Accessories Catalog lacks detailed info...grrrr... I didn't even realize how confused I am until I did some research to try to figure this out...I have a headache now, but here's what I think I know- 1) The 2002-2005 Cargo Shade was the same for 5- and 7-passenger models. 2) In...
  8. A

4.0 or 4.6???

Ford offered many options à la carte instead of grouped into packages, so there are some unusual combinations out there. Power Adjustable Pedals were one of those solo options and it sounds like your found one with every other option except that one! If it's any consolation, I have the...
  9. A

4.0 or 4.6???

Just out of curiosity, I just did a search on AutoTrader.com for 2006-2009 Explorers within 100miles of my zip code and found- 14 with V8 and 255 with the V6! That's barely 5% with the V8, at least in my area and for sale at present. I'm sure the overall percentage of Explorer production with...
  10. A

2002 Rear hatch window trim cracked

My sister's '04 XLT has the same broken piece... I've been amazed at how many '02-'05 Explorers I see driving around this piece have a massive crack right in the middle! I had an '04 XLT 4WD that I sold to my sister in mid-2008 and that trim piece broke less than a month after she bought it...
  11. A

3rd row seat ????

'07 Eddie Bauer with folding 3rd row I have an '07 EB (2WD, 4.0L) with the power-folding third row. I know that there were options for a manual folding 3rd row or power folding.
  12. A

4.0 or 4.6???

4.0L is bulletproof, in my experience I've had two Explorers with the 4.0L V6 and 5-speed automatic and never had any problems. The first was an '05 XLT 4x4 and my sister owns it now- just over 160k miles with just basic maintenance. I have an '07 Eddie Bauer 4x2 now with 118k miles and it...
  13. A

Power Folding Rear Seat

A neat trick for about five minutes... I have an '07 Eddie Bauer with the power-folding third row seat. I thought it was a very cool feature initially. I've raised the seat back maybe a half dozen times in 2+ years since I bought it. I've heard of more than a few owners who've had a...
  14. A

Light doesn't work on my gear shifter ('07), easy fix?

Haven't figured it out yet! One service/parts guy at the Ford dealership claimed that the bulb couldn't be replaced??? The only fix was to replaced the entire shifter, what a joke! I plan to pull the console soon (maybe this weekend) and figure out what it needs. When I do, I'll let...
  15. A

Racking up miles... Actually, I can't take sole credit for all of those miles. It was originally my best friend's company vehicle. In 15 months, he put 72,000 miles on it! In the subsequent two years, I've racked up 46,000 more. When he got it new, it had a sticker price of $35k and...
  16. A

$115 is the best I've found so far... I've ordered a few accessories from the website- www.ford-parts-direct.com - which is operated by a Ford dealership in CT. They've got the rear cargo shade for $115 and change, no tax and $20 shipping (covers multiple items if you need to order anything...
  17. A

I've got an '07 Explorer Eddie Bauer and the gear shift position indicator (PRNDL) light has stopped working. I'm hoping it's just a bulb that needs replacing. The Owner's Manual lists the specs of a few hundred bulbs and fuses scattered around the vehicle, just not the one I need! Before...
  18. A

2007 Eddie Bauer update

2007 Eddie Bauer It looks like your Eddie Bauer is almost identical to the one I just bought a few weeks ago. Mine is a 2007 Eddie Bauer 2WD V6, Redfire with Camel, EB Luxury Pkg, Ultimate Conv. Group, Power Folding 3rd Row, Aux Climate Control, Power Moonroof, Reverse Sensing and Towing...
Back