Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Ranger warning bell

sure thing You are very welcome. :thumbsup:
  2. R

Ranger warning bell

yep To replace it remove the door panel and the lining on the door out of the way. Reach in towards the latch you feel a wire leading to the sensor give it a quarter turn counter clockwise and it will come out. Unplug the old sensor and plug in the new one.
  3. R

1995 Ranger brake Problem!

hehe I thought of that. So I bypassed the abs with a steel brake line. The pedal seems to hold fine when pumped. But loses it after release.
  4. R

1995 Ranger brake Problem!

I Had a brake leak on my 1995 ranger. So I bit the bullet and replaced all the lines and hoses. I did a full complete brake job on the truck front and back. New drums, rotors, wheel cylinders, pads, calipers and master cylinder. I bench bled the master cylinder before installing. I could not...
  5. R

Hehe, Look what I found

lol lol, click the pic, I assume they are stock, but I am not a graphics expert, so its hard to say.
  6. R

Hehe, Look what I found

Its a 2001 & has 69,000 on it
  7. R

Hehe, Look what I found

$5,300 after a little bargaining. Brought it home today. :D:D:D:D
  8. R

Is it worth it?

k Not so hard. There were tons of those engines made. http://www.hdmaddog.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/32166/vpid/3388046/vpcsid/0/rid/125469 WBK131 Complete master kit for 1966-76 Ford FE 390 engine. 4-bbl Includes all premium parts Fel Pro full gasket set Speed Pro premium...
  9. R

Is it worth it?

k Ok that explains much. No the truck is not mine, just a friends. MAACO does a very good job of painting @ a fair price. Before you replace any body parts, run it by there and chat with them, They can tell you what needs replaced and what they can fix. From the looks or it. Some touch up...
  10. R

Is it worth it?

Hehe I had 1 of those back in the day, The body on the truck seems sound other than surface rust. It will take some work to get it up to nice truck level. How does your wife feel about you blowing your family car money on a old truck is the real question? How far do you want to go with the...
  11. R

Best year for '83-'87 rangers.

k 95 - 97, plenty still on the road, but they are old enough that the price has droped to make them very affordable. Shop careful and you can find a real gem.
  12. R

Coolant Leak Help!

ok A easy pressure test is: Run the truck for about a 5 mile round trip. Pull in on a nice clean spot, set the E brake and climb under for a look. Follow the drip to the location. When you have the area located, let the truck cool down and take a closer inspection. I strongly advise not to...
  13. R

Front wheel bearings ( help )

hmm just take your bearing to the store, they can book the numbers on the part
  14. R

1995 Ford Ranger, No brake pedal!!

got it Got the answer to my problem.. When I changed the master cylinder with the same replacement part, I assumed all things were equal... NOT!!!! The inner piston was about 1/4" deeper in the new 1. There is a adjustment on the push rod feeding from the power booster. It had to be...
  15. R

Front wheel bearings ( help )

more spec's To determine what wheel bearing you need, more info is needed. Year, extended cab or short, engine size, 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive, 2 wheel abs or 4 wheel abs with that info I can book the right bearing
  16. R

'97 Ranger, man trans, 4cyl, starting problems

hmmm Sparks? Becareful; you might short something else out. Just because a starter will start out side the truck does not mean it is good. The load of the motor is quite a bit differant from a no load start. The switch might be a problem, but I doubt it, as you got a click to the solenoid...
  17. R

Tailgate Cables

hmm The Ranger is quite old. This will make some flinch...hehe.. but take a small pipe wrench with a cheater and break them loose then switch back to your driver to finish the job. Make sure you put a coating of never seize on them when you put them back in.
  18. R

'89 Ranger....blower and washer pump not working???

Yes you should check the voltage. But, odds are your problem is down stream. It sounds more like you have a corroded plug or it has become disconnected. Trace the wires backwards from both, following the wiring harness. Inspect and clean each plug connection. Odds are they both run to the...
  19. R

thanks That explains a lot. I will give it a go tomorrow after I pick up a mityvac bleeder on the way home from work. Thanks for the welcome Rick
  20. R

lol well I have bled the thing silly. how would I go about getting air out of the abs pump?
  21. R

1995 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic ---------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, I have done a full brake job on my ranger. New calipers, wheel cylinders, new rotors, new drums. New complete rear brake lines. When I bleed the brakes I could not get...
Back