Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Fuel Pump?

Awesome, thanks for that advice!
  2. D

Fuel Pump?

OK, went to the shop today and turns out that the aftermarket air box I had had broke at the plastic collar where it met the MAF. A HUGE grasshopper had gotten sucked into my MAF and so it shut itself down. $72 worth of "diagnostics" and carb cleaner later, my car's good to go. Though at...
  3. D

Fuel Pump?

You are correct, I mean to say the "ON" position!
  4. D

Fuel Pump?

Driving home from Dallas today (about a 200 mile trip) while going 70, my car suddenly lost power. Not electric power, but my foot went to the floor and the car went nowhere. Pulled over, turned the car off and back on, the idle was ROUGH. When tryign to drive the car took forever to shift...
  5. D

wiring up external reverse lights

Good call on the fuse, electrohacker. Forgot to mention that!
  6. D

wiring up external reverse lights

Just did this today, it's really easy. Run a power wire from the battery and connect that to a relay that's tapped into one of your reverse lights and ground it to the frame. Wire up the positives from your aux reverse lights to the relay and ground the lights and you're done. Now when you go in...
  7. D

30% off Magnaflow and Flowmaster today!

Saw this on slickdeals.net today and just scored a Flowmaster 40 for only $50/shipped! Figured maybe It'll help someone out here! "Amazon is offering additional 30% off Magnaflow or Flowmaster exhaust car parts after applying coupon code MAGFLO30 or FLOWMAST at checkout. Free shipping!
  8. D

Brake Lights Won't Work

Is your 3rd brake light working while the normal ones aren't? If so it's most likely your Mulifunction (more commonly refered to as multi-malfunction:)) Switch located in your steering column. Really easy to replace!
  9. D

Rear-end Thunk Noise?

Come to think of it, yes, the wheel is often tuned when I hear the noise. Again, it only happens when I'm in reverse, never going forward. I'll check out the u-joints today and see of there's any play on the drive shaft.
  10. D

Rear-end Thunk Noise?

I've searched the forums extensively and can't find anyone with this same problem. I drive a 2000 XLS 2WD with 105k miles and spend a lot of my time driving at night catching rattlesnakes for a research group (yes, I'm weird), and often I drive past the snake, have to stop, reverse, and...
  11. D

Headlight relay location

On my 2000 XLS, when 1 bulb dies, the other one fails to turn on. I learned this the hard way in the middle of nowhere 30 miles from home and had to limp home on just the fogs. I just replaced the bad bulb and all was well, I did not have to replace both. Don't know if this is normal or just...
  12. D

2000 XLS No Headlights!

Bulbs are great and no DLR on car.
  13. D

2000 XLS No Headlights!

Update ok, replaced MFS with brand new, still having the problem. Things to note. When headlight switch is turned to just running lights, then it doesn't show my highs to be on and when i "flash" the highs, while the lights don't come on, the fogs turn off like they're supposed to as if the...
  14. D

2000 XLS No Headlights!

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll swap out the MF switch...AGAIN and see if it fixes this issue. :rolleyes:
  15. D

2000 XLS No Headlights!

Driving tonight with High Beams on, all of a sudden the Headlights stop working. No Hi Beams, no driving lamps, no fog lamps. The Hi Beam indicator is on, however, no matter how I move the switch or pull back as if to flash the Hi's, nothing will turn the indicator off or turn on my lights...
  16. D

Center Console Help!!

Please show your custom consoles! I've got this same console and I'm looking for some ideas!
  17. D

Turn signal switch connector burnt?

Fixed it! Thanks for the quick reply. Got the clip for $1 from local junkyard, all is working now!:thumbsup:
  18. D

Turn signal switch connector burnt?

My third brake light was working when the other 2 were not so I was told I needed to replace my turn signal switch. When I removed the 2 quick connects that lead to the wiring harness, the smaller one was burned and cracked. Does anyone know a part number for this so I can buy another on or...
Back