Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

A/C in and out

I had no A/C for almost a year. I assumed it was the blend door because all I got was hot air. It wasn't. It was a bad DPFE sensor. The bad sensor was telling the computer that I was running at wide open throttle, therefore shutting off the A/C. Replaced the sensor, and all of a sudden the A/C...
  2. M

Brakes or rearend?

Replaced rear brake lines. NO noise since.
  3. M

Brakes or rearend?

Bear with me here while I describe my situation. This last weekend, on the way back home, a terrible metal on metal sound started coming from right rear wheel. Pull over, take off the wheel, lugnuts are so hot, you can't hardly touch them. See nothing wrong whatsoever. No leaks, brake pads don't...
  4. M

Falken ZIEX tires or Falken High Country AT tires

Oddly enough, you still don't understand my point.
  5. M

That's a dumb question. I don't trust everything Google spits out. The reviews found via a web search aren't very trustworthy IMHO. I wanted to ask here because I know that I'm going to get real world answers, if anyone actually answers, and not a review by someone who works for a tire website...
  6. M

Not too many descriptive/informative responses either.
  7. M

Anyone have experience with Falken ZIEX S/TZ04 tires or the Falken High Country AT? Explorer needs new shoes.
  8. M

svt explorer tremor concept

Better description in this article.
  9. M

For Sale Factory Explorer Sub Enclosure & JL Audio 6.5" sub

how much for the sub box itself then?
  10. M

Parting--1998 sohc 4x4

hmmm, alright, thanks.
  11. M

How to: Replace a thermostat on a 1996 4.0L OHV V6.

Glad to have this thread. Need to replace my thermostat, as it is stuck open.
  12. M

Parting--1998 sohc 4x4

How much for the driver's seat? I would ask about both fronts, but since it's a 4dr I assume neither slides forward like in my Sport. Also, what size wheels are those?
  13. M

Door jamb sticker wrong

Waiting on a build sheet direct from FoMoCo. We'll know then what is what. Nobody changed the rearend in this truck. Nobody had ever changed the spark plugs or plug wires til I got it.
  14. M

Door jamb sticker wrong

15. M

Jack and Spare wheel crank handle

I'm glad I found this thread.
  16. M

Cant Find trailer plug

Agreed. Just did this 2 weeks ago.
  17. M

What little quirks and annoying problems does your explorer have

The door chime goes off regardless of whether or not the key is in the ignition when door is open. The seatbelts get twisted up to easily. The driver's side panel in the cargo area rattles.
  18. M

Frame Mounted Trailer Hitches

Must be something wrong with your computer. First this doesn't work, and then you say the word "for" is highlighted on your screen. The link works just fine.
  19. M

Frame Mounted Trailer Hitches

This frame mounted trailer hitch will work for those of us 2nd gen owners with the 16in wheel option. How do I know? I called and asked. Draw-Tite Class III Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver
  20. M

Rear headrest removal

21. M

235-70-16 vs 245-75-16

235/70/16- Actual Speed: 60 mph 100 km/h 245/75/16 Speedometer1: 57.0 mph 95.0 km/h Speedometer Difference: - Speedometer Difference: 5.213% too slow Diameter Difference: - Diameter Difference: 4.96% Need more info, goto Tire Size Calculator
  22. M

Mounting an Amplifier to the Bottom of a Seat

This link can answer your questions. :thumbsup: By the way, when they mention "under the seat" they mean on the floor under the seat.
Back