Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Transmission Clunk

is this "clunk" all the time? or is it only when coming out of park on inclines?
  2. N

04' Explorer Electrical Problems??

i would first check for draw to make sure nothing is killing your battery
  3. N

Fusion style and BMW Flip Style Keys for your 02+ Explorer

thats cool! i wonder if it will work with viper alarm FOB?
  4. N

Dynomax VS flowmaster...

im a MAC guy, nice quality, good sound, and priced well. http://www.macperformance.com/store/category.cfm?SID=3&Category_ID=516
  5. N

2005 eddie bauer

i would also let your computer re-learn this new setup by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. it should normally auto-adjust, but i like to make sure
  6. N

Front suspension(?) noise

Exactly what my truck started doing as soon as spring hit! thank you from saving me from getting out the road mics, guess ill be replacing some bushings
  7. N

My Cold Air Intake Build

very cool, i like that! good work
  8. N

50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............

im gonna rule out 3rd gens as they are "Fly by wire" EDIT- kinda makes me wonder where my throttle plate sits at WOT?
  9. N

2003 Explorer 4x4 EB - Cruise Problems, please help!

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/SPubs/default.asp?TYPE=OWNERGUIDE&pageid=oghome&gutsid=spubs_serv_all_new&YEAR=2003&VEHICLE=Explorer pick your year and make go to "owner guide first printing", then to page 180, i believe its the IVD switch
  10. N

under the dash and under the hood, your manual that comes with the truck can help you out
  11. N

first things first....check your fuses
  12. N

2002 Ford Explorer shudder when braking (steering column shudder)

Sounds like your rotors are warped, get new rotors or get em shaved
  13. N

5.4 swap 03 Mounty

just to be able to say i had a 5.4 in my third gen would be motivation enough to try this! please if you attempt this, pull out the camera and keep us updated, every....10 minutes! good luck!
  14. N

hello need help with brakes

and might i add just to make sure that the bearing surface is clean, where the bearing (hub) and rotor meet.
  15. N

New 04 XLT owner from Mass

Great lookin truck, love the red! if they use salt in Mass. be careful with those rims, the salt eats them up good. just gotta clean them any chance you get in winter
  16. N

2002 XLT - Is the transmission guaranteed to fail?

2 thumbs way up, i totally agree:cool:
  17. N

New 04 XLT owner from Mass

Welcome, sounds like you have good plans for the truck, what engine?
  18. N

How To: Build a Center Console

cant see pics, but sounds great!
  19. N

Engine Noise?

if its that loud then yes you will notice. it will be loose, or you can take the belt off and spin it and you should be able to hear if thats the problem, its common, easy to change and cheap
  20. N

Left speakers quiet, right speakers work

i know its a dumb question, but sometimes overlooked. have you checked the balance adjustment?
  21. N

Engine Noise?

possible belt tensioner gone bad, they can get pretty loud, or something power steering related (check fluid)
  22. N

Front & Rear Wheel Bearings

no puller needed for me, just grab the BFH and whack away! i just did my fronts, if you can get some heat, that makes things alot easier. be sure to clean everything up after you get the bearing out, and then i like to grease everything up to protect from corrosion
  23. N

shocks or struts???

you need a spring compressor, if your not familiar, the job is not for you
  24. N

Transmission Fluid Flush

screw that! i think ill just replace the tranny when it goes! lol. good job on the write up
  25. N

Ornithology's 2003 X Sport

truck looks great! keep up the good work!
Back