Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. kcampbe

Thank you SO much for sharing the thread on the inlet fix. Sounds like a plan to me. I'll let...

Thank you SO much for sharing the thread on the inlet fix. Sounds like a plan to me. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again!
  2. kcampbe

WTB: 1997/1998 Explorer VIS "Y" Hose Connector from VIS

Hi! I'm looking for the "Y" hose identified in the attached photo from a 1997 or 1998 4.0 SOHC Explorer. VISBtm by kcampbe posted July 16, 2016 at 7:45 PM Please let me know if you might have one for sale! Thanks - Kevin
  3. kcampbe

Hi! I was reading an older post where you indicated that you "deleted" the VIS on your...

Hi! I was reading an older post where you indicated that you "deleted" the VIS on your Explorer? May I ask how you did that? I've ripped the "Y" hose in mine and can't seem to find another. Thanks for any help you can provide! Kevin
  4. kcampbe

4.0 liter intake gasket change

I did both upper and lower intake manifold gaskets on my 97 Explorer SOHC yesterday It was a hot day in Georgia, but I took my time. Took most of the day, but it wasn't that difficult. Wrestling with all of the hoses and such on the upper was the pain in the butt. I found this youtube video...
  5. kcampbe

VIS Conversion

I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone can help me. While replacing the upper and lower manifold gaskets today I ripped the "Y" hose that I've highlighted in the picture below. I've tried searching the part number on those with no luck. Any guidance or ideas on finding a...
  6. VISBtm

VISBtm

Broken Y connector hose in VISB
  7. Explorer Repair

Explorer Repair

Photos of Parts and Repairs
  8. kcampbe

SOHC, But I'll still take a look. Thanks for sharing!
  9. kcampbe

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  10. kcampbe

I wish it still existed somewhere...
  11. kcampbe

Parking Brake Handle

These sound like some great fixes! Any of you that have done it have any pictures that you can share? Thanks.
  12. kcampbe

door latch problem solved - temporarily maybe??

I performed this operation on my '97 EB today. It was fairly straightforward and I hope it will let me unlock the front doors and not have to open the back to reach up. Thanks for sharing!
  13. kcampbe

wiring aftermarket head unit to factory woofer

Hi! I had a question. I connected the black and red wires to the subwoofer wires as you described. I connected the white wire to the power on the back of the in-dash unit. Is that correct? I got no sound, but wanted to make sure it was wired right first. Thanks for your help.
  14. kcampbe

Driver side door lock switch

Do I get to this "black barrel" through the door handle where the switch is or do I have to remove the whole door interior? Thanks - Kevin
Back