Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

The 5-0 is BACK!!!

I figured all u 5.0 guys like me would be really excited about this ^_^ http://jalopnik.com/5434086/2011-ford-mustang-gt-the-50-is-back So beast lol, I wonder if it would fit under one of our hoods ;)
  2. C

Take that Cash 4 Clunkers!

As much as i hate to see a perfectly good Limited second gen 5.0 put to death this really shows you how strong our 5.0 engines really are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBXYR_7704Y
  3. C

Odd Combo of Problems

Ok so last night my X was running fine, as good as ever. Came out this morning to go to work, start up the car and my check engine light is on. I check the codes with my X3 and aparently my Cam Pos Sensor is bad. Also found out none of my windows will go down using any of the doors. Its just...
  4. C

New Happy X Owner

Well, i helped my friend Will buy a 94 Explorer today and ive never seen him happier :) he knew that i know alot about explorers (atleast more than alot of ppl) so he asked me to come along. We went to look at it and it actually looked in pretty good shape. 165,000 miles, brand new exhaust...
  5. C

Another dumbass moment by CHEESYPOOFS

Ok so i had a problem, my car felt like it was hesitating and taking a while to get up to speed, like i didnt have all the power i needed when i stepped on the gas. A few things came to mind right off, I didnt think it would be electrical because i just replaced my plugs and plug wires less than...
  6. C

New decal Which font should i use?

OK so im gonna order one of Blee's custom decals for the rear window. Im gonna put it at the top of the window and its going to be about 4x30 inches or so and i need to know which yall think would look best. Ive looked at ALOT of fonts and after about an hour of deliberation and looking ive come...
  7. C

Aftermarket exhaust manifolds for 5.0

well i saw these on ebay and i know that should be the first sign to just move along but i didnt lol so anyways they look pretty solid and i was wondering if it would be worth the 80 bucks. i mean theyre no Torque Monster Headers or anything but i figure they've gotta be somewhat of an...
  8. C

Crazy deal on edelbrock shocks for lifted(must see)

ok guys i was looking for some shocks for my second gen when i came across all these universal lifted application shocks and thought yall would like to know http://store.edelbrock.com/universallifted.aspx They usually cost around 224 bucks but are all on sale for around 60 dollars with free...
  9. C

Crazy good deal on first gen edelbrock shocks (must see)

Ok so i was on the edelbrock site looking at shocks and i came across these edelbrock shocks on sale for first gens! Front Shocks Rear Shocks The front are usually 124 bucks and the rear are usually 136 bucks but theyre both on sale for 30 bucks a piece! And free shipping!!! crazy good deal...
  10. C

Should i change my tranny fluid?(high mileage)

:help: ok i have a 98 XLT 5.0 with the 4R70W (obviously) lol now my issue here is i have 235,000 miles on it. Its about time to take it in for a tranny fluid change but a couple years ago when i did it last (about 35,000 miles ago) I had a mechanic tell me he wasnt comfortable doing it because...
  11. C

New best at the strip ^_^

New best time at the local dragstrip ^_^ R/T: 0.272 60': 2.230 330': 6.623 1/8: 10.282 MPH: 67.375 Now this was with 20 mph winds coming opposite direction and almost no grip so ill most likely have a better time with the same mods later on in the spring.
  12. C

The Final Plans

ok well ive finally decided on my final plans for my X. I currently have a 98 XLT 5.0 2wd which i like to take to the drag strip (drag strip is major contributing factor to my decision). As far as mods so far i currently have... A Mac Cold Air intake...
  13. C

350hp ecoboost turbo V6

Well im sure by now yall have seen the new explorer concept and if you havent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Ruk-Tv6ds Now personally im not thrilled with the route theyve taken, I think theyre turning it into a damn minivan >_< but thats my oppinion... So anyways back to the point of this...
  14. C

Went out for a drive and... Raced

Ok so i decided to go out for a drive (anyone else just get the urge to go out for a drive at 10:30 at night? lol) Pull up to a light and this Grand Am GT pulls out from behind me up next to me stupid ricey sounding muffler (dont know why) we take off and there was no chance for him from the...
  15. C

check gauge light with fill up

ok so i fill up my car and for some reason after i do every time i step on the gas the check gauge light comes on and when i let off it goes away. now this only happens untill i burn a bit of gas...... usually. But this time after a few miles of driving i accelerated and watched my gas gauge go...
  16. C

Just got my X3 programmer

I just got my X3 programmer for my 98 Explorer XLT from James at www.hensonperformance.com (Thanks james :D ). I got 3 tunes an 87, an 89, and a 93 octane tune, all street/racing. I will be programming in my X tomorrow morning with the 87 octane tune and ill use that till im out of gas then ill...
  17. C

03 speakers in a second gen

ok i know its definately a stretch but being that ive been offered them i may as well ask would a set of stock speakers from an 03 X work in my 98? any input would be helpful ty.
  18. C

Got some more vids posted of the X

just got some more vids posted of my X today i thought i would share them with yall. leave a comment and tell me what you think on youtube please ^_^ enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk1MiHDh_XU
  19. C

Stock 1/4 mile and 0-60 times for almost all cars in production

Stock 1/4 mile and 0-60 times for a TON of cars!!! ^_^ Well, not all of them... But alot ;) OK this is just something i thought yall would find interesting. This is not my list and i do not take credit for it. List is by Mario777 of CarForums.net Zero to 60 & 1/4 Miles Times This...
  20. C

Videos of the X at the track

I realized i never posted the vids of my X at the track. only got 2 but figured id post em. First one is me getting my previous best of 10.610 (current best is 10.34) This one i beat some ****ty civic. Let me know what ya think, leave a comment. Hope yall enjoy em' ^_^
  21. C

Will they work?!?!

OK im modding my X for runs at the drag strip and once im done i will have a good bit more torque than stock and the issue is when im at the track im going to have to burn my tires before hand to get any grip. I really dont want to burn my street tires (because tires are too damn expensive) so...
  22. C

Chip Or Tuner? HELP!!!

Ok ive been told many different oppinions from alot of car guys (most of whom go to nascar tech here in mooresville) and i cant decide. what would i be better off doing... getting a chip and a dyno tune from a tune shop here or should i get a tuner and a custom tune from hensonperformance? now...
  23. C

E3 Diamondfire Spark Plugs(Your Opinions Plz)

Ok so i bought some E3 Diamondfire Spark Plugs for Big Red (my Explorer obviously lol) they say to save gas mileage improve performance and increase the general life of the engine. they also have a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. Sounds pretty good to me but then so do many other failed things so...
  24. C

Intake heat wrap (Opinions PLZ)

i was thinking of getting a wrap for the tube of my Mac intake since it seems to heat up pretty hot after like 3 runs on the strip. Does anyone else have one and if so what kind and where should i get it? any info would be gr8 ^_^ also i was thinking about trying mabe a header exhaust wrap...
  25. C

Intake heat shield/wrap

i was thinking of getting a wrap for the tube of my Mac intake since it seems to heat up pretty hot after like 3 runs on the strip. Does anyone else have one and if so what kind and where should i get it? any info would be gr8 ^_^
Back