Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Which transmission do I have?

'95 explorer xlt automatic 4x4 I keep getting myself confused on exactly which tranny I should have in the truck. Can someone tell me how I can identify it? I've read through so many different threads that I've confused myself. I think it should be the 4r44e but before I pull the wrong one...
  2. K

fuel problem?

Lack of responses.... oh well I replaced my TPS and that seemed to fix it.
  3. K

fuel problem?

Another question, if it were by chance the fuel pump, wouldn't that be a problem at higher rpms instead of lower?
  4. K

fuel problem?

Trying to find the problem with my explorer. Just this morning it started to cut out when I would go over bumps. I'm pretty sure I need a new fuel filter and I do know I need a new TPS so I bought those while at lunch. On my way back from lunch, I went over a series of bumps and it cut out...
  5. K

wife drove my ex and got stuck now its acting weird

Regroup. Next project is.... My ex has decided to start stalling when I go over bumps, like really rough patches on the highway. Any ideas?
  6. K

98 Explorer runs out of gas even though the guage shows that it has gas.

I'm wondering too, was this ever resolved?
  7. K

Wiring is fixed. I found the problem actually was the trailer harness box behind the left taillight. Now I get to put my ex back together. I'm so excited! On to the next project with it. Replacing the TPS, fuel filter change, oil change.
  8. K

That sounds like a good possibility. I thought maybe it meant Interior Panel but that's not very descriptive.
  9. K

I've had some help on this and it magically stopped blowing fuses for a while which makes it extremely hard to troubleshoot. Now I'm working on the troubleshooting again. I'm looking at a wiring diagram and for the park lamp relay, it says it is located "behind center of I/P". Anyone know...
  10. K

Not that it necessarily pertains to this thread but I figure while I'm doing the fixing I'll include it. I picked up the bulbs to replace in my gauge cluster last night so that part is done. Still mentally at a loss as to where I should start looking next for wiring causing the fuse to blow.
  11. K

Any suggestions for how to test the wiring? The connections where the alarm is hooked up looks good, no breaks, it's soldered and taped well. Is it possible that snow somehow could have gotten into my trailer light connecter and caused a short?
  12. K

moving to KC,KS and want to join a group or club

I've thought about doing that unfortunately for the time being my ex is dead :roll::thumbdwn::(
  13. K

Talk about a waste of time. I just realized I was reading the diagram wrong for the '96 and the wire coming off the dimmer is purple/white. :facepalm:
  14. K

So far... I'm probably slower than most about working on it but I don't have a garage, half my tools are an hour away, and it's not my only vehicle. Sure it pisses the wife off cause she doesn't have a car while it's parked but she should have took hers that night ha! I haven't bought a book...
  15. K

I checked the dimmer and it's not that. I checked the fuses and fuse 3 was blown so I replaced it, checked all my lights and things were good for about 3 minutes til it blew again. The next step is this weekend (hopefully) I'm going to pick up a chiltons and tear into the dash. Knowing that...
  16. K

Why is my explorer so dam low????

The difference between the P and B is explained in turdles links. It's the 3rd link. I skimmed it but I believe the P is a softer spring and B is stiffer.
  17. K

Thanks Joe Dirt, gave me a good laugh. I didn't figure out the tranny issue is related, they were just problems before this. When I have the headlights off, the OD light resumes it's normal flashing because of the tranny. Turn the headlights on and the od light goes out and no dash, radio...
  18. K

For what it's worth, it's a '95 auto completely stock 174k miles
  19. K

Last night my wife drove my explorer to go get her mom from the hospital. She dropped her mom off at home and got stuck in 2 feet of snow in her driveway. She did use 4wd to get out and turned it off when she got home. That's all the more details I've gotten out of her. Now for the "acting...
  20. K

Of course! Just waiting for you to get back in the game.
  21. K

To-Do List Done

Sounds like you're really on the way to a nice ex and good job on bringing good life back to it. Just curious, what did you find on the dash lights? I'm having the same problem.
  22. K

ford ranger FTW!!!

Not trying to be rude but with a crx stripped down that far me and 2 friends could pick it up. Speaking with experience.
  23. K

noob question about 4x4 engagement

So after reading several threads, the brown wire mod will trick the 4wd into being engaged full time. Also the way the transfer case is set up, I forget what it's called but without the brown wire mod, one axle is disengaged until the computer determines slipping of the rear wheels then it...
  24. K

Bumping an old thread but I'm in Belton. Would love to meet up with everyone sometime.
  25. K

GT500 Super Snake Conversion

I just drooled all over my keyboard. Very nice write up for a badass car!
Back