Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

All you need to know about keyless entry

ok i reprogrammed my remote now it works about 75% percent of the time. I don't understand why it isn't working 100% of the time i go to use it???
  2. N

All you need to know about keyless entry

I need help I have a 1996 xlt and my remote was just working yesterday and today it just stopped working??? I cleaned the inside of the remote and bought new batteries but that did not fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  3. N

P0133 and P0340 Codes

the p0133 code is the o2 sensor. in my case i have to replace bank 1 sensor 1 which is passenger side before the cat. only problem is that i cannot do it myself it is to hard to get too.
  4. N

Best Way To Remove Oil Filter

i had a problem with always over tightning my oil filters . i guess i just wanted to make sure oil wouldnt leak out. But the best way to remove them is to get the the oil filter socket which was said earlier. works good for tight spots
  5. N

my wife bought a 97 ford explorer

the headlight switch is probably bad if the fuses are good.
  6. N

Back doors do not open from the inside

oh nice. i was going to fix my explorer up and get the cold air intake but then I decided to buy a bike. Now all my money goes to my bike, which is more fun
  7. N

yeah i just roll down the back windows and make the people reach out to open it from the outside .. works for me :)
  8. N

No Dash Lights

your gonna need new bulbs for behind the gauge cluster
  9. N

ha i have the same problem. I also have 1996 xlt. Both doors do not open from the inside. I looked inside the door and the latch doesnt catch the handle inside. I was gonna fix it but it doesnt bother me cause i dont sit in the back :)
  10. N

How to: Seafoam Your 4.0 SOHC

ok thanks alot :thumbsup:
  11. N

I guessing its a OHV because its 96' and SOHC were introduced in 97' if i'm correct... anyways now where is the main vaccum line?
  12. N

I have a question... I have a 96' xlt 4.0 I look under the hood and i cannot find the IAC line. The only line that comes off my air intake is a line that goes to the engine oil refill cap. I need some help
  13. N

What is the average age of people on the forum????

<<< 20... joined in may of 08'
  14. N

HEADLIGHTS SHUT OFF!!!! Am I just not that BRIGHT (no pun)?

I would check the switch, I just had mine go bad last month. Sounds like the similar problem...
  15. N

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

my 96' has 142k... still running good no problems
  16. N

explorer rear wipers

I've tried pulling my rear wiper arm off, but no luck. I push the lever down but it wont budge...
  17. N

How many miles??

I have a 96' XLT 4.0 with 141,000k. Got it last year with 112,xxxk. Runs great, Change oil every 2,500k.
  18. N

Headlight Switch Replacement

great write up. I just had to replace my headlight switch. very easy. the thing that took the most effort was prying the wire from the bad headlight switch. Other than that everything worked out. New swtich cost $30 at local auto parts store.
  19. N

Help! 1996 xlt rear wiper arm

I want to take off the rear wiper arm. I tried with a flat head screw driver by pushing the tab all the way over toward the wiper blade but it won't budge off. I know its not rusted in there. I don't know what else to do? Any suggestions??? Thanks
  20. N

Need help- 3156?

Never mind I found out the guy lied to me saying I couldn't use a 3157 for a 3156 , when I was taking out the turn signal in the tail light I found that the bulb in there was a 3157 so I just bought 3157na and they work, the clear tail light look good
  21. N

Need help- 3156?

I was going to buy 3157 amber but the guy at the store said it will not work because 3157 is a double filament bulb and will not work for a 3156 single filament socket
  22. N

Need help- tailgate broke?

Yesterday I got opened the tailgate on my '96 then went to close it and the interior light stays on the "door ajar" is lighted up on the dash. What can I do? I take out the fuse so the lights don't drain the battery but I wanna fix it. Can any one help?
  23. N

Need help- 3156?

I tried advance and auto zone in new york they don't carry them and walmart where I live only has a small inventory of bulbs no amber? How much did you pay for yours Donner?
  24. N

Need help- 3156?

Ok I'm getting clear tail lights and I need to get 3156 amber colored bulb - turning signal I went to 2 stores and both don't carry it? Does any one know if they exist? Or am I going to have to paint the bulb or wrap the bulb in a clear amber color tape?
  25. N

Little things that need to be fixed on your Ex...

1996 XLT 2x4 114,516 miles, To do- fix both rear inside door handles, fix radio ( won't turn off), and maybe some new paint
Back