Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

1999 Door interchange 99

Thanks!!
  2. A

1999 Door interchange 99

I have a 1999 Explorer that needs a rear drivers side door. Can anyone tell me what years will interchange? The glass, inner panel, window motor, etc are all fine and can be reused. I just need the sheet metal shell and need to know what years interchange. I tried the search engine...
  3. A

A4LD stuck in forward, even while in neutral and reverse.

I guess I should have been clearer when I ask how to unstick the cluch pack. What I ment to ask is how to unstick the pack WITHOUT taking the transmission apart. Also, I have not updated after taking my Explorer off jackstands and driving it. It drives and shifts fine in "D". No slipping...
  4. A

Thanks for keeping us updated. What you are finding makes sense. Anyone have ideas on possible ways to break a stuck together clutch pack loose? Perhaps chain the truck to an unmoveable object and drive forward while the trans is in Neutral or Reverse?
  5. A

Thanks for keeping us updated! What cluch pack was smoked? The Reverse pack? What do you mean by smoked? Were the friction discs worn out? How do you suppose that kept the Transmission stuck in Forward all the time?
  6. A

Good information! Thanks for posting. I am very interested in your final results. If I understand your post correctly, it would appear that you did not find anything wrong or damaged to the point of not working, except the Forward Servo's? Can we reasonably conclude that the damaged...
  7. A

Thanks for the replies. goatlegman, my dedication is baised on the economics of the situation. I got the two Explorers very cheap, but the age and overall condition do not warrant putting more $$ into the project. The same applies to my labor. I have invested too much time already. At...
  8. A

Brooklynbay, thanks for the info. The Z-Link looks OK. The linkage doesn't appear to be the problem since in "D" the transmission automaticly shifts through 3 forward gears up to 55mph, and in "P" the parking pawl is engaged (although you can feel the vehicle trying to drive forward against...
  9. A

Glacier991 or Brooklynbay???? Perhaps Glacier991 or Brooklynbay have a suggestion?
  10. A

No one has experienced this problem before, or knows what it might be, or how to fix it? Anyone know of another forum where it would be worth trying?
  11. A

Hi to all. This is my first post, but I have found information posted here very useful. Thanks to all of you who have shared your knowledge! The transmission I'm having problems with is an A4LD in a 1991 Explorer. I tried searching, but was unable to find information about my specific...
Back