Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

my ride is ####ed

ok so my ride is ####ed, when i drive i hear a grinding noise but its a deep grinding noise, but i dont have a clue why. its not my wheel bearings or balljoints, the noise sounds like its coming from underneath the center of the explorer(underneath the moter) can anyone tell me why or has...
  2. S

how to remove ball joints

another question, the spring dosnt want to come off, but does even need to come off to get at the ball joints? and how do i get the axle to slide out on the drivers side?
  3. S

5 speed 4x4 question

what about driving in 4x4 on ice covered pavement
  4. S

I have another question, im trying to get the spring off. its beside the shock, drivers side. i took out the nut and the retaining washer or whatever it is then i put another jack under the frame, and lowerd the one sitting under the axel, so it got rid of the presure on the spring, and it...
  5. S

New rotors and pads, now brakes get HOT, what did I do?

better than having my ride start on fire
  6. S

New rotors and pads, now brakes get HOT, what did I do?

yeah i just replaced the brake pads, and a caliper on my 93 explorer but since i plan on buying a truck this summer, i left the rotars. when i first replaced them i took it for a 5 minute drive and they were fine but the next day the ####ers were smoking and i could smell the burning in the cab...
  7. S

I know but its sitting in the garage tire and everthings off, and its ####ed so im going to change it any way. and nothing else seems to be damaged that bad searched already
  8. S

i have a 1993 ford explorer XLT. 4x4, and i have had a grinding noise, it sounds like its coming from beside the fron drivers side tire. so i have come to the conclusion that its the ball joint, and i am woundering how to take the ball joint apart? any suggestions would be helpful.
Back