Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Low oil pressure

2016 3.5 eco boost low oil pressure warning comes on only at idle. Soon as I give a little gas warning goes off. Oil is at correct level and no sign of coolant in it. What should I be looking at?
  2. S

HVAC fan quit

Just took my 16 in for the fan relay recall and now my hvac fan doesn’t work on any speed 🤬 It worked fine when I dropped it off. What could they have fugged up while doing that fix to cause my heat/ac fan to poop?
  3. S

2016 Bluetooth sync disconnecting

My 16 FPIU bluetooth sync kept disconnecting. My iphone was still connected to make and receive calls, but Apple Music & Pandora wouldn’t play. Got message to connect a bluetooth device. Searched here for the fix, didn’t find it. But found the same problem on an Escape. That solution fixed my...
  4. S

Old member but back

Haven’t been here for decades after my 91 Explorer died. Today I bought a 16 Cop Explorer
  5. S

Need to help a friend about a blazer

It's not mine, but can anyone help me decipher what this girl needs? Ok, I need help here. I have a 1994 Chevrolet Blazer W Series. It's a 4.3 litre engine, 6 cylinder fuel injection, 4 wheel drive, PL, PW, automatic blah blah blah. Recently it has been really REALLY boggy when driving and I...
  6. S

Blowing hot air

My X blows hot air even when it is set on cold and off. It does blow cold with the ac on. But with the fan off and the temp set all the way cold hot air is blowing out of the vents. Why?
  7. S

I hate to do this

I want just a yes or no, none of the "if you do this" stuff. O.K. that said, I have a 3" body lift with 15" rims, currently 31x10.50's. I need new tires, will 33's fit? I searched and could really find a definitive answer. Thanks.
  8. S

Explorer Extreme?

I saw an Extreme emblem on the tailgait of a new Sport Trac. What does it mean? Or is it just some fake badge?
  9. S

Mud run Sept 8

1:00 p.m. Sept. 8th 100% payback entry fee $15.00 per class, entries taken up till 12:00 Admission $5 kids 6-12 $3 under 6 free. No atv's on ground no seating provided bring your lawn chairs. Class 1: Rails Must have cut or paddle tires. No agricultural tires. Any type of fuel or engine...
  10. S

Wierd "oil" lead from the back door??

There is some kind of oil leaking out of the drivers side rear door. There is a little slot at the bottom of the door and some kind of sticky honey colored stuff dripping out on the running board. My power window goes up and down really slow too. Any one know what the heck this is?
  11. S

Cool for '02 Explorer

Contour Console CC-EX Contour Console for 2002 Ford Explorer. Mounts 12" of equipment forward of seats replacing console drink/organizer portion of factory console. Includes console and 12" of faceplates. Superior mounting solution does not require removing factory console. Simply...
  12. S

Fog lights quit working

I tried to turn them on last night. The little light in the switch indicates they are on, but no lights. The power relay buzzes for about a second then no sound, it used to click. Is it just bad and need to be replaced?
  13. S

I think I may be retarded

How do you get the tail light assembly off a 91? I already took out the two screws on top but can't get it off. What am I missing? :confused:
  14. S

Gone a long ways

I just turned over 180,000 miles this morning!:bounce:
  15. S

Really cool Explorer pics

First Gen X's Second Gen X's Sport Trac
  16. S

Ultimate crash test photos

I went to the impound and took a couple of pics. Click on my X site in my signature then on fire pics. They are the second and third photos.
  17. S

The ultimate crash test

I had to respond to a traffic accident yesterday afternoon. A head on collision between a mid 90's Crown Vic and what I think was a Saturn, but I'm not sure about the last one as it was struck head on, flipped end over end, landed on its roof, and was struck again in the rear. That Saturn was so...
  18. S

Info: 1991 Owners Manual

Over the last several months I've run out to my truck to look up simple answers to questions in my owners manual. Here's a list of a bunch of them: Refill Capacities: 1. Engine crankcase 5 quarts 10 w 30 is recommended 2. Transmission 5 spd man. 5.6 pints Mercon auto trans. fluid...
  19. S

Lift gate lock don't work

I have a 91 XLT with power locks. My lift gate lock wont lock or unlock with the lock buttons or the key. I can hear the click inside the gate when I push the button. What am I looking for before I tear the gate apart?
  20. S

some people are sooo stupid

this must be the dumbest guy on Earth www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/052202/22moneytoburn.html
  21. S

Finally pics of my X

I've been around here for a little while and never had any pics. Well, I do now, just click the link in my sig. Let me know what you all think.:D
  22. S

just for chevy haters

firery chevy Here's a nice shot of an S-10 it did have a happy ending
  23. S

Ford project responder

This is pretty cool www.projectresponder.com
  24. S

New Tranny Advice

I'm gonna just replace my tranny and probably the t-case too. I use my X as a daily driver but have to do plenty of off roading on the farm. What does everybody think I should replace it with? Certainly not the same piece of crap Mazda R1 that's in there now.
  25. S

Tranny quit please help

Tranny quit please help Update I gotta 91XLT 5 speed manual tranny. Everything was fine, I turned a corner and my tranny quit. I cant shift into any gear, there is a horrible grinding noise when you let off the clutch. Tried to pull it home with a pickup and chain, but couldnt due to it seems...
Back